ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ****Official **** You Mike Mayock Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270155)

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415013)
I am firmly in camp #2.

I've been a fan for THIRTY YEARS. I've put up with loss after playoff loss.

How in the **** can you arrive at the conclusion that somebody who has been a fan for 3 decades is "fairweather".

You're trolling.

Or your stupid.

Take your pick.

Ok, so as far as I'm concerned you're a fair weather fan. Not the same FWF that rides every favorite in sight, maybe, but a FWF nonetheless. Sorry if it hurts.

Of course, I reserve the right to reclassify you if you fail to follow through.

P.S. It's "you're stupid".

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415024)
Ok, so as far as I'm concerned you're a fair weather fan. Not the same FWF that rides every favorite in sight, maybe, but a FWF nonetheless. Sorry if it hurts.

Of course, I reserve the right to reclassify you if you fail to follow through.

P.S. It's "you're stupid".

Yeah, your an ass.

And it's "your" - CP Lexicon.

Messier 02-19-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415013)
I am firmly in camp #2.

I've been a fan for THIRTY YEARS. I've put up with loss after playoff loss.

How in the **** can you arrive at the conclusion that somebody who has been a fan for 3 decades is "fairweather".

You're trolling.

Or your stupid.

Take your pick.

How can a fan of 30 years be one draft pick away from not being a fan anymore? Despite the first good coach in 8 years. I'd think if your fandom were that tenuous, you'd have given up long ago, maybe in the 80s
What were you saying in the 80s? Were you saying I'll give them one more chance, but that's it?

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415040)
Yeah, your an ass.

And it's "your" - CP Lexicon.

Yeah, sure it is.

Look, I know it was a simple typo and it's the kind of thing that all of us do from time to time, but when you call someone stupid, you should really double check your spelling.

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9415042)
How can a fan of 30 years be one draft pick away from not being a fan anymore? Despite the first good coach in 8 years. I'd think if your fandom were that tenuous, you'd have given up long ago, maybe in the 80s
What were you saying in the 80s? Were you saying I'll give them one more chance, but that's it?

Clearly he was saying "they've got 30 years to get this right or I'm out!"

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

How can a fan of 30 years be one draft pick away from not being a fan anymore? Despite the first good coach in 8 years. I'd think if you're fandom were that tenuous, you'd have given up long ago, maybe in the 80s

I was a kid/teenager in the 80's. After flirting with being a Steeler fan, I finally found MY team. And by the time I had a chance to really formulate my fandom, Marty came in, brought Okoye in, and the rest is history.

And do you honestly think ONE draft pick is the reason?

This draft pick isn't the catalyst, it's the straw that broke the camel's back.

This sentiment has been building for YEARS. I was ready to quit when Vermeil let the Eagles overcome an insurmountable halftime lead and beat us. I was ready to quit when they hired Herm.

The problem is that I CAN'T quit. I'm too emotionally invested in this team to just give up 30 years of fandom. I'm far from a fairweather fan, regardless of what Dipshit DC says.

Messier 02-19-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415053)
I was a kid/teenager in the 80's. After flirting with being a Steeler fan, I finally found MY team. And by the time I had a chance to really formulate my fandom, Marty came in, brought Okoye in, and the rest is history.

And do you honestly think ONE draft pick is the reason?

This draft pick isn't the catalyst, it's the straw that broke the camel's back.

This sentiment has been building for YEARS. I was ready to quit when Vermeil let the Eagles overcome an insurmountable halftime lead and beat us. I was ready to quit when they hired Herm.

The problem is that I CAN'T quit. I'm too emotionally invested in this team to just give up 30 years of fandom. I'm far from a fairweather fan, regardless of what Dipshit DC says.

Ah, so you've always been a fan with one foot out the door. I'm not judging, just you came at it differently than I did. It's been a generational thing for me. My father was a Chiefs fa, he was at Super Bowl I, I've just always been a Chiefs fan, and will always be. It's just kind of who I and my family have always been.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 09:40 AM

Most people aren't gonna stop being fans over a draft pick.

But if Reid and Dorsey are ***** and Haley part 2, and this franchise doesn't get back to winning ways...you might see a whole lot of apathy about the Chiefs.

If they're here for 4 years and we don't have a winning season....that would be 10 years with one winning season.

That's rough.

And that point the players fans like right now are gonna be all but gone.

The next two drafts are absolutely critical for this team.

O.city 02-19-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415003)
The fanbase can be split into three groups:

1. People who are planning to continue rooting for the Chiefs whether they are happy with the draft or not. This is my approach.

2. People who will quit being fans of the Chiefs if they don't draft the right guy. This is a type of fair weather fan whether those people like the label or not.

3. People who say they'll quit bein fans if the Chiefs draft the wrong player but who won't actually follow through. These people are emotional bores.

Thing is, I'm actually a fan of teams who legitimately try and win and basically do all they can to do that.

The Chiefs, over my lifetime haven't consistently done that.

O.city 02-19-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Its not this one draft pick, for me atleast.

This has been building for a while.

patteeu 02-19-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9415094)
Most people aren't gonna stop being fans over a draft pick.

But if Reid and Dorsey are ***** and Haley part 2, and this franchise doesn't get back to winning ways...you might see a whole lot of apathy about the Chiefs.

If they're here for 4 years and we don't have a winning season....that would be 10 years with one winning season.

That's rough.

And that point the players fans like right now are gonna be all but gone.

The next two drafts are absolutely critical for this team.

I agree with this.

Messier 02-19-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9415108)
Its not this one draft pick, for me atleast.

This has been building for a while.

Well, it is one draft pick if you decide, they take a player, you stay, they don't, you go.

O.city 02-19-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9415115)
Well, it is one draft pick if you decide, they take a player, you stay, they don't, you go.

It's what this pick stands for.

For years we've always had an excuse not to put priority on the QB.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9415068)
Ah, so you've always been a fan with one foot out the door. I'm not judging, just you came at it differently than I did. It's been a generational thing for me. My father was a Chiefs fa, he was at Super Bowl I, I've just always been a Chiefs fan, and will always be. It's just kind of who I and my family have always been.

My Dad doesn't have an NFL team. If anything, I've turned him into a Chiefs fan rather than the other way around. Most of my extended family roots for the Bears, except for my cousins that live in KC and root for the Chiefs (they weren't raised Chief fans either, just became fans when they moved there).

I don't think it's fair to say I've ALWAYS had one foot out the door. I was as die-hard as they come in the 1990's, but became extremely disillusioned when Carl hired Gunther.

It's been one big mistake after another ever since, so that's really on the team, not on me.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9415115)

Again, it's not take a specific player.

It's take that POSITION.