ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

TLO 03-06-2014 09:53 AM

Damn it feels good to be a KU basketball fan.

Lzen 03-06-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10469628)
There's plenty of available space in most of those heads.

I went back looking for the cry fest about Denis Clemente when he layed a nice little noogie on Brady Morningstar after a free throw. Couldnt find that one but found a couple of related threads. Holy shit, those were filled with teen like drama. But nothing like "Naismith is rolling over in his grave". LMAO

So you don't care about the integrity of the game of basketball. I should have expected no less from a KSU fan. :rolleyes:

BWillie 03-06-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10469539)
I'm still taking the Ellis flop and roll as his best.

He's just on another level.

BWillie 03-06-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10469567)
Take a look at the link Bearcat posted. He was playing exactly the same way as last year (at least in terms of flopping and exaggerating contact). The only difference is that his team won more games last year, which apparently led people to turn a blind eye towards it.

He's everything I thought he was. The fact that he's been able to essentially save his team's disappointing season since coming back says more about him as a basketball player/competitor than anything he did last year for them.

Funny indeed, but it does tell you the extent to which Smart is in his head. The hate is strong there.

He's a great player no doubt. I just can't even imagine how good he would be with a good coach. He is great inside the paint, but he takes way way too many bad shots. He hurts his team many times by doing this. Certainly OSU is much better with him than without him, but he needs to learn what a good shot is. He hasn't improved his 3pt shooting from last year. He's shooting 29% again from three, and he's shooting almost as my threes a game as Doug McDermott. He's probably the worst 3 point shooter that takes 5.3 attempts a game in the entire country. This is problem.

Bambi 03-06-2014 12:35 PM

Tourney uniforms

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6551670...7641958053143/

Al Czervik 03-06-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10469628)
There's plenty of available space in most of those heads.

I went back looking for the cry fest about Denis Clemente when he layed a nice little noogie on Brady Morningstar after a free throw. Couldnt find that one but found a couple of related threads. Holy shit, those were filled with teen like drama. But nothing like "Naismith is rolling over in his grave". LMAO

The noogie wasnt on Morningstar, it was Reed....Late in the game.
The punch on Morningstar was eariler in the game.
And the best part of all that was Clemente pretty much ruined a comeback from
KSU. 2 point game before the "T" and 1 minute later it was back to 7 point lead for KU....

LOL....Clemente pretty much gave KU the W......

Mr. Plow 03-06-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10469992)

WTF is up with the Baylor jerseys?

Pablo 03-06-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10470005)
WTF is up with the Baylor jerseys?

SIC 'EM BEARS!!

Still the annoying neon colors. Now with more words! Win all the way around.

Bambi 03-06-2014 02:29 PM

oh my, KK is EXTREMELY butthurt over the Harbaugh visit to KU last night. Wow.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-06-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10470333)
oh my, KK is EXTREMELY butthurt over the Harbaugh visit to KU last night. Wow.

Lol what was said? Does he know that Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was in attendance as well?

WilliamTheIrish 03-06-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10469726)
So you don't care about the integrity of the game of basketball. I should have expected no less from a KSU fan. :rolleyes:

What does this have to do with me being a KSU fan? Smart flopping hurts the integrity of the game? I'd think you could find .... oh... maybe a million real issues that affect the integrity of college basketball that would be of greater scope.

WilliamTheIrish 03-06-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 10469999)
The noogie wasnt on Morningstar, it was Reed....Late in the game.
The punch on Morningstar was eariler in the game.
And the best part of all that was Clemente pretty much ruined a comeback from
KSU. 2 point game before the "T" and 1 minute later it was back to 7 point lead for KU....

LOL....Clemente pretty much gave KU the W......

Oh.. Thanks for the correction. Yea, Denis had been pretty roughed up by Morningstar through that game. But, the second guy always gets nailed.

Loved Denis. And I miss Angel.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-06-2014 03:33 PM

The Morri twins were pretty thugtastic here at KU. Very cocky.

Mr. Plow 03-06-2014 03:34 PM

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2la9077.jpg

Al Czervik 03-06-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10470540)

According to Self...this is right after he dislocated his thumb...

BWillie 03-06-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 10470562)
According to Self...this is right after he dislocated his thumb...

It appears Self might have been trying to communicate something with him, he clearly was looking the other way before the pass was thrown, so not sure I can fault Naadir entirely but definitely need to be more attentive when on the court.

sedated 03-06-2014 04:46 PM

Is that Self doing a little dance toward the top left?

sedated 03-06-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10469992)

Any guesses on whether Self keeps these for the big dance? He has made it public that he hates the standard uni's and will wear as many alternates as he can.

Silock 03-06-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10469532)
But it is a joke. That's just about the tamest reflex "slap" I've ever seen. In fact, Embiid did pretty much exactly the same thing in a game earlier this year to a KSU player except harder.

1) That's not a reflex.

2) That doesn't make it right.

KC_Connection 03-06-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10470992)
1) That's not a reflex.

Sure looked like it.

Quote:

2) That doesn't make it right.
That didn't make what Embiid did "right" either, but I didn't see a bunch of people here hating him for it after it happened. The depth that this vendetta has been taken amazes.

Silock 03-06-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471373)
Sure looked like it.

I've never been bumped and had my first reflex be to look up at the other dude's face and slap him.

Quote:

That didn't make what Embiid did "right" either, but I didn't see a bunch of people here hating him for it after it happened. The depth that this vendetta has been taken amazes.
Because Embiid doesn't do stupid shit on the reg. If he did, people would bash him. Smart has 3-4 gifs per game of him doing something that's outside the bounds of the game.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10471467)
I've never been bumped and had my first reflex be to look up at the other dude's face and slap him.

Embiid's reaction after getting hit in the head earlier this year was to do the very same. Total reflex action, neither of them thought about it.

Quote:

Because Embiid doesn't do stupid shit on the reg. If he did, people would bash him. Smart has 3-4 gifs per game of him doing something that's outside the bounds of the game.
You describe flopping as stupid because you hate him with every fiber of your being. In reality, those are just things that (on the whole) help his team win.

Ceej 03-07-2014 07:25 AM

Smart's flopping last game against KU didn't help his team win. Lol.

Him playing like he's capable of playing did.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10471585)
Smart's flopping last game against KU didn't help his team win. Lol.

Didn't say it did, but any additional call you can get from exaggeration adds up over the course of a game and season.

Ceej 03-07-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471588)
Didn't say it did, but any additional call you can get from exaggeration adds up over the course of a game and season.

You indirectly said it did. You're reaching.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-07-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471588)

I think the whole point is that there is a huge difference between exaggeration during the means of actually playing the game of basketball, which most people wouldn't have as big a problem with... Vs. complete and utter faking in a non-basketball related way.

Marcus Smart is very good, in fact I love watching him when he actually plays the game... he has incredible feet, coordination, strength, timing, feel, and determination. Those are undeniable... but he uses tactics outside of basketball that take away from the entire game of basketball, making it less enjoyable. I am a huge soccer fan, and absolutely detest players like Luis Suarez. He's one of the best players in all of soccer, yet takes away from the game with his antics. It gets to the point of embarrassing for the player with the constant stupidities.

Ceej 03-07-2014 07:35 AM

I think this Marcus Smart debate needs to end.

We'll never convince KCC, and he will never convince us.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-07-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10471603)
I think this Marcus Smart debate needs to end.

We'll never convince KCC, and he will never convince us.

oh, there's really no convincing to it. He's simply trolling. :p

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10471595)
You indirectly said it did. You're reaching.

Didn't do anything of the sort. There was no specification about any particular game.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10471599)
I think the whole point is that there is a huge difference between exaggeration during the means of actually playing the game of basketball, which most people wouldn't have as big a problem with... Vs. complete and utter faking in a non-basketball related way.

Marcus Smart is very good, in fact I love watching him when he actually plays the game... he has incredible feet, coordination, strength, timing, feel, and determination. Those are undeniable... but he uses tactics outside of basketball that take away from the entire game of basketball, making it less enjoyable. I am a huge soccer fan, and absolutely detest players like Luis Suarez. He's one of the best players in all of soccer, yet takes away from the game with his antics. It gets to the point of embarrassing for the player with the constant stupidities.

Differentiate however you want between minor exaggeration or full on flop and rolls, but if it gets calls, he's going to keep doing it. Until they start calling a diving foul to stop it, he has no incentive not to do it. And his team will be better off for it.

As for Suarez, he does the same thing because he's playing a game where diving pays off on the whole. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I do like watching him play when he's on. His antics are entertaining.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10471606)
oh, there's really no convincing to it. He's simply trolling. :p

Of course I'm not the one who keeps bringing up Marcus Smart in this thread a week and a half after KU last played him. He apparently has a hold on a few people here.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-07-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471639)
Of course I'm not the one who keeps bringing up Marcus Smart in this thread a week and a half after KU last played him. He apparently has a hold on a few people here.

It's basketball discussion in a thread regarding one of the conferences best and most controversial players. I don't find that far-fetched at all. Is it required we talk more about naadir getting hit in the side of the head by a pass, instead? :)

Bambi 03-07-2014 02:13 PM

From what I can tell a single school has never got two in a row... Until now that is

Future Jayhawk Cliff Alexander named Naismith High School Player of Year

Prison Bitch 03-07-2014 02:16 PM

Perry better hope we don't sign Myles Turner, or else he's headed to Pinetown.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-07-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10472168)

:spock:

Mr. Plow 03-07-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10472179)
:spock:

Just ignore it and move on.

Silock 03-07-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471581)
Embiid's reaction after getting hit in the head earlier this year was to do the very same. Total reflex action, neither of them thought about it.

No.

Quote:

You describe flopping as stupid because you hate him with every fiber of your being. In reality, those are just things that (on the whole) help his team win.
Wait, you think I hate flopping just because of Smart? Come the **** on, dude. I hate flopping when anyone does it in any sport. I don't "hate him with every fiber" of my being. I don't think I'm capable of hating anyone that much, let alone someone I don't know. I hate his flopping because he's better than that. You just ascribe such emotion to me because you can't fathom how someone doesn't like a player who plays against the spirit of the game regardless of how good he is. So, yeah, **** that guy. I hate him in a sports context. I think he's an immature punk. But lots of kids are, and he's certainly a kid. Outside of that, I don't really give a ****. But being that every discussion about him has been in a sports context, given that we are on a sports message board, I figured that was just obvious. Apparently not.

Silock 03-07-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471636)
As for Suarez, he does the same thing because he's playing a game where diving pays off on the whole. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I do like watching him play when he's on. His antics are entertaining.

No surprise you enjoy watching the antics of a guy who BIT THE OPPOSING PLAYER. IN MORE THAN ONE GAME.

**** Suarez, too. Phenomenal talent, but he's a racist prick to boot. That's far more inexcusable, because his racism runs to the core of who he is at this point in his life.

Bearcat 03-07-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471581)

:doh!:

Bearcat 03-07-2014 02:53 PM

At least try to understand where the other side is coming from. I think the points of 'doing everything to win,' etc; are generally understood from those who hate Smart, even if we think it's crap.

Saying people hate flopping because they hate Smart is basically saying you haven't even tried to understand the argument that's been presented over and over and over, which means your love for him is clouding your mind, not the other way around.

saphojunkie 03-07-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10472168)

So so so so so so stupid.

BWillie 03-07-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10471639)

I'm almost 100% convinced that KC Connection is Phil Forte. Phil is a huge KU fan growing up but couldn't go to KU, Phil also cups Marcus Smart's balls and is his best bud. I'm sure he's a bit butthurt about it. No other plausible explanation.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-07-2014 04:12 PM

Based on current bracketology projections, KU will have played 21 games against teams going to the dance or about 2/3's of their schedule. Throw in potentially 3 more from the Big 12 tourney and you've got an AMAZING 24 games!! Thanks, HCBS. The boys are battle tested.

Buehler445 03-07-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10472410)
Based on current bracketology projections, KU will have played 21 games against teams going to the dance or about 2/3's of their schedule. Throw in potentially 3 more from the Big 12 tourney and you've got an AMAZING 24 games!! Thanks, HCBS. The boys are battle tested.

Hopefully it pays off and we don't get bounced by a nobody because there is no effort.

Ceej 03-07-2014 04:27 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Plow along with myself and Mrs. Ceej will be going to Duke's a week from tonight to drink and watch KU play. If KU happens to lose Thursday we anticipate on closing their bar down.

If any of you guys are near and want to come have a beer or several please do so.

saphojunkie 03-07-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10472432)
Mr. and Mrs. Plow along with myself and Mrs. Ceej will be going to Duke's a week from tonight to drink and watch KU play. If KU happens to lose Thursday we anticipate on closing their bar down.

If any of you guys are near and want to come have a beer or several please do so.

What town is that in?

Ceej 03-07-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10472488)
What town is that in?

KC, near the Sprint Center.

Mr. Laz 03-07-2014 06:26 PM

Bill Self’s Hardware Store

Posted on September 6, 2013 by jeffjacobsen
http://jeffjacobsen.files.wordpress....pg?w=960&h=672KU basketball coach Bill Self with an impressive hardware collection.

Whether you are a KU basketball fan or not. Whether you consider Bill Self to be one of college basketball’s finest coaches. Whether you really care about sports at all – you have to admit the photograph that leads off this post contains an impressive haul of hardware.

In the decade Self has coached at KU, there have been nine Big 12 regular season championships and six Big 12 postseason championships. Of course, the biggest prize of all is the National Championship trophy brought home from San Antonio in 2008. The month of August and a major portion of September involve very little game action in comparison to the heavy load of posed photographs I take every year for media guides, posters and other display pieces. The photograph of coach Self, though, was something a little different.

Just gathering everything and rearranging Self’s office for the display took the help of two our facility office’s surest hands, Frank Masterson and Tim Giblin. The Big 12 regular season trophies are very heavy, and none us wanted to live in infamy for dropping one. As we moved furniture, rearranged bookcases and hauled trophy after trophy into the office, the team’s communications director, Chris Theisen, mentally logged the long list of team and coaching awards.

http://jeffjacobsen.files.wordpress....pg?w=450&h=323

Having photographed most of the events where Self and KU won these trophies, a photograph was needed.(Tim Giblin)

We started the setup at nine o’clock. From a window looking down onto the team’s practice courts, I could see a video crew swarm around Self for what looked to be an instructional video. At 9:45, Self strolled into the office, checked the setup and immediately began changing from coaching gear into a suit. By 9:56, with the photographs completed, Self was changing clothes again. As he walked back through the setup on his way to an 11 o’clock teleconference, Self stopped to thank me again.

Surveying the scene a final time, Self shook his head in amazement and proudly said, “You know, Jeff, that really is pretty impressive.” Yes, coach, impressive indeed.

Prison Bitch 03-07-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10472306)
So so so so so so stupid.

Well, I know Perry ain't starting ahead of Big Cliff. That's a nonstarter. They could play together. I suppose if you think he would start over Myles, that's possible I guess.

saphojunkie 03-07-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10472678)
Well, I know Perry ain't starting ahead of Big Cliff. That's a nonstarter. They could play together. I suppose if you think he would start over Myles, that's possible I guess.

Perry will start over cliff if Embiid comes back.

Perry will start over cliff if Turner comes to KU.

Perry will start.

Some people, man. I swear.

Prison Bitch 03-07-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10472686)
Perry will start over cliff if Embiid comes back.

Perry will start over cliff if Turner comes to KU.

Perry will start.

Some people, man. I swear.

Wrong.

saphojunkie 03-07-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10472688)
Wrong.

You've been wrong every single time you've ever posted about Perry Ellis. You are not changing that tonight.

saphojunkie 03-07-2014 07:16 PM

I ****ing love that you think JR. Perry Ellis somehow goes from starting to sitting behind a freshman. Love it.

My god, do you simply not understand anything about college basketball? About Bill Self? About KU? About offense? About experience?

saphojunkie 03-07-2014 07:17 PM

You think Bill Self wants back to back years starting three freshmen?

Let me guess, Jaquan Lyle would start over Tharpe, too, huh? Or is it JUST perry ellis that you can't seem to connect with?

BandwagonChiefsFan 03-07-2014 09:17 PM

Jamaal Charles at Miami vs San Antonio game from March 6, 2013

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiF_5x8CQAA417k.jpg:small

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10472343)
I'm almost 100% convinced that KC Connection is Phil Forte. Phil is a huge KU fan growing up but couldn't go to KU, Phil also cups Marcus Smart's balls and is his best bud. I'm sure he's a bit butthurt about it. No other plausible explanation.

The main problem with this theory is that I did actually go to KU.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10472216)
No.

Yes, that's what a reflex action looks like (what Embiid and Smart did). There was nothing considered about it.

Quote:

Wait, you think I hate flopping just because of Smart? Come the **** on, dude. I hate flopping when anyone does it in any sport.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's the way basketball is officiated that provides incentive to do so.

Quote:

I don't "hate him with every fiber" of my being. I don't think I'm capable of hating anyone that much, let alone someone I don't know. I hate his flopping because he's better than that. You just ascribe such emotion to me because you can't fathom how someone doesn't like a player who plays against the spirit of the game regardless of how good he is. So, yeah, **** that guy. I hate him in a sports context. I think he's an immature punk. But lots of kids are, and he's certainly a kid. Outside of that, I don't really give a ****. But being that every discussion about him has been in a sports context, given that we are on a sports message board, I figured that was just obvious. Apparently not.
Fiber of your whole being or not, this does seem to be a fairly sizeable level of hate for an athlete that has done little more to you than beating KU with some flopping and back flips along the way.

Quote:

No surprise you enjoy watching the antics of a guy who BIT THE OPPOSING PLAYER. IN MORE THAN ONE GAME.

**** Suarez, too. Phenomenal talent, but he's a racist prick to boot. That's far more inexcusable, because his racism runs to the core of who he is at this point in his life.
I have no idea what kind of person he is, but I will say he's a fantastic soccer player. Very entertaining to watch him do things with the ball that few others can.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10472233)
At least try to understand where the other side is coming from. I think the points of 'doing everything to win,' etc; are generally understood from those who hate Smart, even if we think it's crap.

You don't have to like Smart's flopping, but you should at least be capable of understand why he does it (and capable of admitting that it does help his team win). Unless changes are made to start giving out fouls for exaggeration (instead of there being an incentive), it is part of the game of basketball as it stands.

Quote:

Saying people hate flopping because they hate Smart is basically saying you haven't even tried to understand the argument that's been presented over and over and over, which means your love for him is clouding your mind, not the other way around.
There is no argument that's been presented. All I see is a bunch of agitated KU fans upset that Marcus Smart has beaten their team twice in two years using tactics they didn't like. If he didn't do that, he wouldn't even be a talking point in this thread nor would the word hate be being used to describe feelings about him. As always, I'm totally capable of admitting my bias here. But that clearly goes both ways in this situation.

CoMoChief 03-07-2014 09:45 PM

Smart flops more than anyone in the league. That's a fact.

He does it because he's a bitch. We had a guy that flopped a lot growing up and playing in HS. We all called him bitch. And that's what Marcus Smart is...he's a bitch. So much so he claimed a fan called him a ****er in effort to try to save his ass from acting like a god damn street thug by putting his hands on a fan in the stands on live national TV when he was being taunted. Oh you mean he didn't call him a ****er and that was all made up by Smart? Oh well I'm sure he's sorry and just acted out of character and I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

Yeah...whatever...he's a shit head.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10472678)

A junior Perry Ellis won't be on the bench for KU.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 09:47 PM

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-03-0...nament-seeding

Quote:

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — If this year’s Kansas men’s basketball team earns its fourth No. 1 seed in the past five seasons, most of the credit will go to the Jayhawks’ three future lottery picks and also their Hall of Fame coach.

But another man is just as responsible.

And he never even steps on the court.

Though Larry Keating sits on a baseline table at every home game, most KU fans probably don’t know his name — or the vital role he plays for the Jayhawks each year.

Keating is in charge of scheduling, and he knows just how important RPI is when it comes to seeding.

If the Jayhawks — currently No. 2 in the RPI and readying for their regular-season finale against West Virginia at 11 a.m. Saturday — earn a No. 1 seed, it will be just as much a result of calculated planning as it is on-court results.

It all comes down to one mantra Keating has repeated over and over to those who ask him the best way to schedule.

“When you’re playing teams in the leagues below you, you want to play teams that are going to win the most games,” Keating said, “because that’s what helps your RPI.”
Interesting article about how KU basically games the system every year through scheduling to create the best possible RPI (which is still the main thing the committee looks at for seeding).

Reerun_KC 03-07-2014 11:01 PM

JFC no one makes this fan base look more stupid than prison flopper, bambi and KCC.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10473006)
JFC no one makes this fan base look more stupid than prison flopper, bambi and KCC.

Something about black pots and kettles comes to mind here.

Silock 03-07-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10472888)
Yes, that's what a reflex action looks like (what Embiid and Smart did). There was nothing considered about it.

Bullshit.

Quote:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's the way basketball is officiated that provides incentive to do so.
I can hate both. Multitasking is somewhat of a skill of mine.

Quote:

Fiber of your whole being or not, this does seem to be a fairly sizeable level of hate for an athlete that has done little more to you than beating KU with some flopping and back flips along the way.
It has nothing to do with KU and everything to do with how he plays the game. Sorry you can't see that.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10473036)
Bullshit.

I wouldn't say so. We're hardly talking about premeditated attacks here from the two of them.

Quote:

I can hate both. Multitasking is somewhat of a skill of mine.
Perhaps not as often or as grandly as Smart, but many KU players have exaggerated calls over the years for benefit. AFH, after all, is one of the strongest home advantages in sports exactly because of the subjective nature of basketball refereeing. It's all in the game.

Quote:

It has nothing to do with KU and everything to do with how he plays the game. Sorry you can't see that.
When it comes down to the heart of it, all I see are a bunch of butthurt KU fans unhappy Smart has gotten the better of their team a few times. If he hadn't and was just some irrelevant flopper on a bad OSU team, there's no way he's even an afterthought here.

Silock 03-08-2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10473077)
I wouldn't say so. We're hardly talking about premeditated attacks here from the two of them.

Reflexes are different than having a dumbass moment. Smart has a lot of dumbass moments.

Quote:

Perhaps not as often or as grandly as Smart, but many KU players have exaggerated calls over the years for benefit. AFH, after all, is one of the strongest home advantages in sports exactly because of the subjective nature of basketball refereeing. It's all in the game.
... and it's still stupid EVERY TIME. But name one that has done it to the extent that Smart does.

Quote:

When it comes down to the heart of it, all I see are a bunch of butthurt KU fans unhappy Smart has gotten the better of their team a few times. If he hadn't and was just some irrelevant flopper on a bad OSU team, there's no way he's even an afterthought here.
Yeah, it's JUST KU fans that notice it. ONLY us. GMAFB.

http://www.newson6.com/story/2492000...r-marcus-smart

And I guess Jay Bilas is a butthurt KU fan, too, then.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10473083)
Reflexes are different than having a dumbass moment. Smart has a lot of dumbass moments.

Not in the cases we're talking about, though. There was absolutely nothing calculated about them.

Quote:

... and it's still stupid EVERY TIME. But name one that has done it to the extent that Smart does.
Whether you find it stupid or not, it's part of the game. Until it's not, you can't expect anybody to alter what works. And I've said before that Smart is one of the best floppers I've ever seen, not even Chalmers (who has become quite good himself in the NBA) can match the kind of ability that Smart shows. He'll be up in the NBA next year and exaggerating with the best of them (Harden, Durant, Wade, LeBron, etc.).

Quote:

Yeah, it's JUST KU fans that notice it. ONLY us. GMAFB.

http://www.newson6.com/story/2492000...r-marcus-smart

And I guess Jay Bilas is a butthurt KU fan, too, then.
No, it's not just KU fans that notice it. They're just the only ones who bitch and whine about it for months on end like he's the root of all evil when they have an actual NC contender to talk about instead. You'd think such pettiness would be beneath them, but no, he's that far in their heads. Last week's loss further assured that. It might actually take a win next week over them to get this ceaseless griping to stop.

Silock 03-08-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10473100)
Not in the cases we're talking about, though. There was absolutely nothing calculated about them.

That doesn't mean it's a "reflex." He was being an immature dickhead that can't control his emotions and took it out on another player. This time it was just a player, though, and not a chair. Or opposing fan.

Quote:

He'll be up in the NBA next year and exaggerating with the best of them (Harden, Durant, Wade, LeBron, etc.).
And it will STILL BE STUPID.

Quote:

No, it's not just KU fans that notice it. They're just the only ones who bitch and whine about it for months on end like he's the root of all evil when they have an actual NC contender to talk about instead. You'd think such pettiness would be beneath them, but no, he's that far in their heads. Last week's loss further assured that. It might actually take a win next week over them to get this ceaseless griping to stop.
Yeeeah, I don't know about you, but I'm perfectly capable of thinking about more than one thing at a time. I can simultaneously cheer for our awesome team, notice how well other teams that aren't KU are playing, and also recognize Smart for being a douche.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10473109)
That doesn't mean it's a "reflex." He was being an immature dickhead that can't control his emotions and took it out on another player. This time it was just a player, though, and not a chair. Or opposing fan.

Actually it does. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp. Reflex is defined as "an action that is performed as a response to a stimulus and without conscious thought." That's exactly what both Smart and Embiid did in those situations at hand (they were both hit/bumped and responded in kind without thinking).

Quote:

And it will STILL BE STUPID.
And yet, despite your opinion on it, it will continue to be a skill that's part of the game.

Quote:

Yeeeah, I don't know about you, but I'm perfectly capable of thinking about more than one thing at a time. I can simultaneously cheer for our awesome team, notice how well other teams that aren't KU are playing, and also recognize Smart for being a douche.
Recently, I think it's pretty safe to say the petty hatred of Smart has begun taken precedence for many here. The fact that he continues to be the main topic of discussion nearly 2 weeks after he beat the team says as much. I hope our players don't allow him to get in their heads as much as our fans.

Silock 03-08-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10473122)
Actually it does. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp. Reflex is defined as "an action that is performed as a response to a stimulus and without conscious thought." That's exactly what both Smart and Embiid did in those situations at hand (they were both hit/bumped and responded in kind without thinking).

There was thought behind it. Embiid is gaining control over his emotions. Smart continues to let them dominate him.

Quote:

And yet, despite your opinion on it, it will continue to be a skill that's part of the game.
Okay /shrug. And it's not "part of the game" when it's something you can get fined for doing.

Quote:

Recently, I think it's pretty safe to say the petty hatred of Smart has begun taken precedence for many here. The fact that he continues to be the main topic of discussion nearly 2 weeks after he beat the team says as much. I hope our players don't allow him to get in their heads as much as our fans.
1 week. It was last Saturday. I don't think it's taking precedence at all. It's just topical, especially considering we could play them on Friday. I don't think you have to worry about the team... he's only 2-2 against KU. Hardly enough to get worked up about on that particular front. It's easier to just make fun of his constant dumbassery.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10473132)
There was thought behind it. Embiid is gaining control over his emotions. Smart continues to let them dominate him.

There was nothing of the sort. Both were unthinking reactions.

Quote:

Okay /shrug. And it's not "part of the game" when it's something you can get fined for doing.
They should tell James Harden, Kevin Durant, or LeBron James that the next time they get an and-1 play called by exaggerating minimal contact.

Quote:

1 week. It was last Saturday. I don't think it's taking precedence at all. It's just topical, especially considering we could play them on Friday. I don't think you have to worry about the team... he's only 2-2 against KU. Hardly enough to get worked up about on that particular front. It's easier to just make fun of his constant dumbassery.
It's not exactly topical at all unless we find them scheduled against us on Thursday (which, as I said earlier, is a distinct possibility if KU loses today). The extended and drawn out bitch fest is just indicative of how much this one guy has gotten to some of you.

Of course, the irony of it all is that he's exactly the kind of player KU could use this particular season (an incredibly self-motivated tenacious competitor at the PG spot who plays elite defense and has a knack for closing out games).

Silock 03-08-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10473140)
There was nothing of the sort. Both were unthinking reactions.

No.

Quote:

They should tell James Harden, Kevin Durant, or LeBron James that the next time they get an and-1 play called by exaggerating minimal contact.
Smart exaggerates no contact at all.

Quote:

The extended and drawn out bitch fest is just indicative of how much this one guy has gotten to some of you.
And your constant need to defend him no matter what is an indication of . . . what?

Quote:

Of course, the irony of it all that he's exactly the kind of player KU could use this particular season (an incredibly self-motivated tenacious competitor at the PG spot who plays elite defense and has a knack for closing out games).
I'd take him in a heartbeat. If he didn't flop.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10473143)
No.

Yes, I'm afraid so.

Quote:

Smart exaggerates no contact at all.
Those guys do that too. I'm always amazed on replays how the players on some of those exaggerated "fouls" weren't even touched.

Quote:

And your constant need to defend him no matter what is an indication of . . . what?
My lack of hatred for him probably. Doesn't somebody have to maintain a sense of decorum around here during these bitch fests?

Quote:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. If he didn't flop.
KU could use a few more calls their way too. It never hurts in the tournament.

Silock 03-08-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10473152)
Yes, I'm afraid so.

You are wrong.

Quote:

Those guys do that too. I'm always amazed on replays how the players on some of those exaggerated "fouls" weren't even touched.
Doesn't make it right, nor does it make it "part of the game." We've been over it, though, and your position is not going to change, nor is mine. Shame, though, because I know you're smarter than that.

Quote:

My lack of hatred for him probably. Doesn't somebody have to maintain a sense of decorum around here during these bitch fests?
That's . . . not it.

Quote:

KU could use a few more calls their way too. It never hurts in the tournament.
This has not been our problem. We just need our best players to not give unwarranted nut taps to the opposition. Or just not to play like they're brain-dead. Getting calls has never been the issue.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10473160)
You are wrong.

I'm just not, though. That's what a reflex action is.

Quote:

Doesn't make it right, nor does it make it "part of the game." We've been over it, though, and your position is not going to change, nor is mine. Shame, though, because I know you're smarter than that.
Until they create a diving/exaggeration foul to disincentivize, it very much remains a part of the game.

Quote:

That's . . . not it.
Oh, I think the fact that I feel differently about Smart than the haters has quite a lot to do with it.

Quote:

This has not been our problem. We just need our best players to not give unwarranted nut taps to the opposition. Or just not to play like they're brain-dead. Getting calls has never been the issue.
I'm just saying even that could help. Getting a call or two can go along way in close games in neutral court situations.

BWillie 03-08-2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10472909)
Smart flops more than anyone in the league. That's a fact.

He does it because he's a bitch. We had a guy that flopped a lot growing up and playing in HS. We all called him bitch. And that's what Marcus Smart is...he's a bitch. So much so he claimed a fan called him a ****er in effort to try to save his ass from acting like a god damn street thug by putting his hands on a fan in the stands on live national TV when he was being taunted. Oh you mean he didn't call him a ****er and that was all made up by Smart? Oh well I'm sure he's sorry and just acted out of character and I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

Yeah...whatever...he's a shit head.

He also claimed Bill Self said they were going to cut down the nets in Stillwater if they won there. Hes a flopper in real life, everyday life and on the basketball court. Im done talking about Smart for right now though. Ill wait until we play them in the B12 tournament

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10473173)
He also claimed Bill Self said they were going to cut down the nets in Stillwater if they won there. Hes a flopper in real life, everyday life and on the basketball court. Im done talking about Smart for right now though. Ill wait until we play them in the B12 tournament

Don't forget to bring out the jersey then.

BWillie 03-08-2014 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10473174)
Don't forget to bring out the jersey then.

Ill be there down at the Sprint Center enjoying myself with other KU fans, itll be a blast. Im sure youll be at the hospital with Marcus Smart induced priapism after witnessing his record setting 10th flop in one single game.

Bearcat 03-08-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10472901)
You don't have to like Smart's flopping, but you should at least be capable of understand why he does it (and capable of admitting that it does help his team win). Unless changes are made to start giving out fouls for exaggeration (instead of there being an incentive), it is part of the game of basketball as it stands.

There is no argument that's been presented. All I see is a bunch of agitated KU fans upset that Marcus Smart has beaten their team twice in two years using tactics they didn't like. If he didn't do that, he wouldn't even be a talking point in this thread nor would the word hate be being used to describe feelings about him. As always, I'm totally capable of admitting my bias here. But that clearly goes both ways in this situation.

I've said I understand why he does it all along. It's debatable whether the level he's taken it to helps more times than it doesn't, but of course it helps at times.

Exactly my point. If you don't understand the several points made so far beyond 'omg I hate Marcus Smart', you're either not trying to understand for whatever reason or simply trolling. And it's clearly not just a KU thing. Hell, I've even mentioned a few times that he took the KU game in Stillwater into his own hands the best way he can and looked pretty damn good doing it after clowning around for the first half. I'll take that player on my team any day. Butthurt doesn't explain how two of the suggested results when you start typing 'Marcus Smart' in Google are 'Marcus Smart flop' and 'Marcus Smart flopping'. He's been asked about it multiple times and it's brought up during OSU games several times.

O.city 03-08-2014 07:29 AM

There aren't going to be rule changes to help alleviate it, he's just going to dvlop a reputation that officials will tend to go the other way when they see him do it. Or so they say he will.