ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Frazod 10-01-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 10039038)
Suck it, Cueto. OK, I guess I want the Pirates to beat the shit out of Cueto.

THIS LMAO

chefsos 10-01-2013 06:37 PM

CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!

God, it's like a college atmosphere there.

Frazod 10-01-2013 06:43 PM

That was a great catch. And boy, did they ever need it.

tk13 10-01-2013 06:45 PM

Not sure I've ever seen a baseball crowd get in a pitcher's head like that before.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10038998)
It's better for us if the Reds win, but **** the Reds. I'm rooting for Pittsburgh.

The Reds are a better team than the Pirates. Given their run differentials, the Reds should have won 93 games and the Pirates 90. Plus, Cincinnati's rotation is a hell of a lot more terrifying than Pittsburgh's, and the back of their bullpen is better.

Frazod 10-01-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039077)
The Reds are a better team than the Pirates. Given their run differentials, the Reds should have won 93 games and the Pirates 90. Plus, Cincinnati's rotation is a hell of a lot more terrifying than Pittsburgh's, and the back of their bullpen is better.

Cool. Now I don't feel guilty at all. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 06:50 PM

The one thing that would make me feel good about facing the Reds in a PS series is Dusty Baker, but other than that, their lineup is abjectly terrifying. Phillips kills us, Votto is an elite hitter, Choo and Bruce are damned good too, and that ballpark is the worst shitbox this side of Houston, rewarding banjo hitters and punishing scorched liners.

Mi_chief_fan 10-01-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 10039052)
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!
CUEEEEEEETTTTOOOO!

God, it's like a college atmosphere there.

Clearly, it's gotten to him, now pitching exclusively from the stretch. He's like Carlos Zambrano.

Mi_chief_fan 10-01-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039085)
The one thing that would make me feel good about facing the Reds in a PS series is Dusty Baker, but other than that, their lineup is abjectly terrifying. Phillips kills us, Votto is an elite hitter, Choo and Bruce are damned good too, and that ballpark is the worst shitbox this side of Houston, rewarding banjo hitters and punishing scorched liners.

The only thing that really scares me about the Reds is Chapman, he's the best hammer at the end of the game; Phillips is hurt, Votto's done nothing against the Cards this year, and if Latos is out, Bailey is their only starter to worry about.

chefsos 10-01-2013 07:00 PM

That was a pretty brutal E-6.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 10039101)
The only thing that really scares me about the Reds is Chapman, he's the best hammer at the end of the game; Phillips is hurt, Votto's done nothing against the Cards this year, and if Latos is out, Bailey is their only starter to worry about.

Cingrani is an absolutely terrible matchup for this team w/o Craig.

Frazod 10-01-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039085)

The only thing is the Reds seem tired. Beaten. It felt like they were down a couple of runs before the game even started.

The Pirates are hungry.

Mi_chief_fan 10-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039126)
Cingrani is an absolutely terrible matchup for this team w/o Craig.

Yeah, but he's been out, too. Plus, I think small sample size has something to do with it as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10039130)
The only thing is the Reds seem tired. Beaten. It felt like they were down a couple of runs before the game even started.

The Pirates are hungry.

The Pirates' rotation seems more gettable than the Reds' to me. Latos, Bailey, Cingrani, and Cueto are all capable of overpowering a lineup.

After Burnett and Liriano, Pittsburgh's rotation is pretty average, in spite of their ERA.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 10039144)
Yeah, but he's been out, too. Plus, I think small sample size has something to do with it as well.

Lefty strikeout pitchers against Jay, Adams, and Beltran= bad things.