ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Mr. Plow 10-24-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8044805)
I'm going to call Walmart later and see if they're going to have them in at midnight. Otherwise it's Best Buy for me or just wait till it comes in the mail. I'm not going to EBGames.

Ahh, I missed you asking a serious question earlier.

I would imagine most places are doing a midnight release. The piece of shit Hastings here in town is doing one I believe.

Pants 10-24-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8044814)
Ahh, I missed you asking a serious question earlier.

I would imagine most places are doing a midnight release. The piece of shit Hastings here in town is doing one I believe.

Man, I miss Hastings. How come you don't like it? It was the best store ever that also rented things out and gave you free coffee (I know they stopped doing that some time ago).

Mr. Plow 10-24-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8044829)
Man, I miss Hastings. How come you don't like it? It was the best store ever that also rented things out and gave you free coffee (I know they stopped doing that some time ago).

No customer service, I think Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines just came off the Best Renters wall, nothing seems to be in any order, prices are too high for most rentals/books/games/etc....

Seriously, most of what bothers me about the place is their customer service. I was looking for a particular older movie. It was a drama, so I looked through the dramas......I spent 30 minutes looking on my own for it and just never could find it. Walked up to one of their reps, I said "hey, do you have X movie"....bitch types into her computer says "Yeah - it's right over there in drama" and turns and walks away from me.

I get shit like that all the time from them.....but we really don't have any other place to go to rent movies/games & it's really the only bookstore in Hutch.....so we end up going anyway.

Pants 10-24-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8044867)
No customer service, I think Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines just came off the Best Renters wall, nothing seems to be in any order, prices are too high for most rentals/books/games/etc....

Seriously, most of what bothers me about the place is their customer service. I was looking for a particular older movie. It was a drama, so I looked through the dramas......I spent 30 minutes looking on my own for it and just never could find it. Walked up to one of their reps, I said "hey, do you have X movie"....bitch types into her computer says "Yeah - it's right over there in drama" and turns and walks away from me.

I get shit like that all the time from them.....but we really don't have any other place to go to rent movies/games & it's really the only bookstore in Hutch.....so we end up going anyway.

Ahh. LOL sounds about right. I thought the shitty customer service was unique to the Lawrence store due to it being a college town and employing college students but I guess not.

But yeah, that was the spot to just go and browse some nights and have a cup of their free shitty joe and a cigarette outside on those benches.

Mr. Plow 10-24-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8044880)
Ahh. LOL sounds about right. I thought the shitty customer service was unique to the Lawrence store due to it being a college town and employing college students but I guess not.

But yeah, that was the spot to just go and browse some nights and have a cup of their free shitty joe and a cigarette outside on those benches.

My son is an avid reader. We went in looking for a particular book. We started looking by title, couldn't find it. I thought, "Oh, everything is arranged by Author" until I saw some shit like Appleton next to Williams in the middle of the row halfway through what I thought was the alphabet.

Gave up and we bought the thing online.

Pants 10-24-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8044890)
My son is an avid reader. We went in looking for a particular book. We started looking by title, couldn't find it. I thought, "Oh, everything is arranged by Author" until I saw some shit like Appleton next to Williams in the middle of the row halfway through what I thought was the alphabet.

Gave up and we bought the thing online.

LMAO

Appleton next to Williams. Reminds of the abortion of the book store that is Half Price Books.

Mr. Plow 10-24-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8044903)
LMAO

Appleton next to Williams. Reminds of the abortion of the book store that is Half Price Books.

I swear they just walk down the isle and throw shit on the shelves. "What, a thriller/drama? That belongs over there by the Dora the Explorer books."

ChiefFripp 10-24-2011 01:47 PM

If you need something to hold you over, this site is streaming live battles. http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1210410p1.html

Bambi 10-24-2011 02:25 PM

WVChief, can you put a list of players in the header?

I need to add people I think.

Gamertag: Vickedson

Buck 10-24-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8044536)
Anyone going to be playing on PC? If you need a squad, let me know.

I'm going to. I don't think I'm going to get the game til wednesday or thursday though.

Buck 10-24-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8045069)
If you need something to hold you over, this site is streaming live battles. http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1210410p1.html

They are playing on 360 and the graphics look pretty terrible.

loochy 10-24-2011 04:53 PM

OK I just got my email from Newegg, so it'll probably ship tomorrow. I bet I get the game friday evening!

Kraus 10-24-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8045652)
OK I just got my email from Newegg, so it'll probably ship tomorrow. I bet I get the game friday evening!

Most of the time with Newegg's free shipping I get the game the day after it comes out.

ChiefFripp 10-24-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8045247)
They are playing on 360 and the graphics look pretty terrible.

I knew they were playing on the xbox 360 but I din't think the graphics looked bad, just not nearly as good as the pc version.

Pants 10-24-2011 05:25 PM

Local 24/7 Walmart is going to have the game on the shelves at midnight. Booyah! Going to do the ol' switcharoo. Newegg can't keep me down.