ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life May be going to jail for awhile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256265)

ct 02-20-2012 01:04 PM

curiousity really, nothin more.

this pc/pussification america we live in nowadays doesn't seem to recognize johnny pacifist gets steamrolled by his kids. those same kids are most likely the kids every other adult who sees them out in public wants to walk up and smack em them selves, cause the parents wont do it. maybe you or anyone else here has NEVER EVER had that thought, but I'm guessing most of us have. it starts in our own homes. parents need to be able to discipline thier kids, and that includes step-parents. all i'm sayin is there ARE circumstances when a kid gets totally outa control, and they may need an attention getter smack across the face.

you all can think of me how you want, but if you knew me you'd know i'm a kind and loving father and husband. and i'm also a realist. don't let your kids run the house, cause they take that bad behaviour outside the house too.

anyway, this is a lost cause. 99% change this step-dad is a serious bad guy, in which case I'd have done the very same thing as our OP'er. just tryin to point out there are a lot of kids out there that would be much better off if a parent had taken control.

Bowser 02-20-2012 01:05 PM

Sooo, anybody arrested yet?

Okie_Apparition 02-20-2012 01:06 PM

What if he knocked a crackpipe out of her mouth

R8RFAN 02-20-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 8385434)
Did anybody ask if she deserved it?

Depending on exact circumstances, if my daughter told my wife (the Mom too, btw) to shut up, I just might slap her across the face too. Frankly, if more parents smacked their kids when they act like punks, we'd have a lot less punks, and it would likely be a 1 time occurance for their whole damn life.

Just sayin...

Kids that come from ****ed up families are usually ****ed up too... There is never an excuse to slap a child in the face, open hand to the ass cheeks, fine... slapping any kid in the face is off limits for any reason

vailpass 02-20-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 8385574)
curiousity really, nothin more.

this pc/pussification america we live in nowadays doesn't seem to recognize johnny pacifist gets steamrolled by his kids. those same kids are most likely the kids every other adult who sees them out in public wants to walk up and smack em them selves, cause the parents wont do it. maybe you or anyone else here has NEVER EVER had that thought, but I'm guessing most of us have. it starts in our own homes. parents need to be able to discipline thier kids, and that includes step-parents. all i'm sayin is there ARE circumstances when a kid gets totally outa control, and they may need an attention getter smack across the face.

you all can think of me how you want, but if you knew me you'd know i'm a kind and loving father and husband. and i'm also a realist. don't let your kids run the house, cause they take that bad behaviour outside the house too.

anyway, this is a lost cause. 99% change this step-dad is a serious bad guy, in which case I'd have done the very same thing as our OP'er. just tryin to point out there are a lot of kids out there that would be much better off if a parent had taken control.

I don't think anything negative of you at all, forgive me if I gave that impression.
My point was that it is up to a parent to decide if/how they want to discipline their kids but it is never ok for a non-parent such as the mom's boyfriend to belt kids that aren't theirs.

Agree 100% that discipline is the #1 factor lacking in the youth of today.

ct 02-20-2012 01:25 PM

You a step parent vailpass? I am, plus 2 of my own DNA. But that's not the way I personally view things. I have 3 kids, and I love them all, and would give anything to protect them, including my life or freedom. But... if you're trying to tell me I can't discipline one of them, but only the other two, that's a big problem in any household. Doesn't work that way. If you're telling me you disagree with my thoughts on worst case attention getters if a kid is out of control, fine, I accept that.

I don't have kids living in another house so I have NO idea whatsoever what that feels like, but you can't hamstring a step-parent out of disciplinary decisions.

Edit to add, appreciate the no judgements. Don't mean any myself. Being a step-dad is the hardest thing i've ever had to do, but it's just as rewarding as being in the birthing room from Day1 too. There's only 1 way I know how to be a good parent, and that's 100%.

MIAdragon 02-20-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 8385660)
You a step parent vailpass? I am, plus 2 of my own DNA. But that's not the way I personally view things. I have 3 kids, and I love them all, and would give anything to protect them, including my life or freedom. But... if you're trying to tell me I can't discipline one of them, but only the other two, that's a big problem in any household. Doesn't work that way. If you're telling me you disagree with my thoughts on worst case attention getters if a kid is out of control, fine, I accept that.

I don't have kids living in another house so I have NO idea whatsoever what that feels like, but you can't hamstring a step-parent out of disciplinary decisions.

Discipline is one thing assault is another.

Predarat 02-20-2012 01:30 PM

Remember this is not a step dad but a boyfriend.

MIAdragon 02-20-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8385682)
Remember this is not a step dad but a boyfriend.

Dont care if it was Jesus Christ himself, you NEVER hit a child in the face.

Predarat 02-20-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8385694)
Dont care if it was Jesus Christ himself, you NEVER hit a child in the face.

I 100% agree. That was for previous posters who seem to think that. even a biological father putting bruises on a childs face should be sent to the slammer.

loochy 02-20-2012 02:06 PM

So what's the big deal about the face? Everyone keeps saying "not in the face."

luv 02-20-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8385781)
So what's the big deal about the face? Everyone keeps saying "not in the face."

No shit. I'd much rather get slapped than have my mouth washed out with soap (which wasn't my fault).

vailpass 02-20-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 8385660)

Edit to add, appreciate the no judgements. Don't mean any myself. Being a step-dad is the hardest thing i've ever had to do, but it's just as rewarding as being in the birthing room from Day1 too. There's only 1 way I know how to be a good parent, and that's 100%.

No difference between parents and step parents. Mom's boyfriend-of-the-month doesn't belong to the club.

ct 02-20-2012 02:21 PM

Yea just got back in here to realize the "boyfriend of the month" aspect. That's unacceptable. My bad for not paying attention.

KurtCobain 02-20-2012 02:27 PM

I don't get the big deal about the face. You really shouldn't leave bruises anywhere on a kid, but if you're gonna discpline with hitting, why's the face different from anywhere else.
Posted via Mobile Device