ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MEDIA REACTIONS: Chiefs Early Draft Losers on NFLN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283607)

OnTheWarpath15 05-12-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10626154)
Pretty sure Kelce had injury concerns also
Posted via Mobile Device

Not entirely sure. Makes sense considering he had like 12 catches his entire career leading up to his senior year.

TheGuardian 05-12-2014 04:49 PM

Well this thread has an original feel to it.

SAUTO 05-12-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10626158)
Not entirely sure. Makes sense considering he had like 12 catches his entire career leading up to his senior year.

Sorry I'm thinking he just got in a ton of trouble and couldn't play.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 05-12-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10626162)
Sorry I'm thinking he just got in a ton of trouble and couldn't play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, he and Commings both had character red flags as well.

Kelce missed an entire season due to suspension for weed and booze, dealt with shoulder injuries and IIRC, didn't participate in the combine for a medical reason.

SAUTO 05-12-2014 05:06 PM

Oh he ****ed up and was injured? Even better.

Dumbasses can party all they want and get away with it, just don't be an idiot. Obviously he's and idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool 05-12-2014 05:39 PM

It seems like Dorsey and co don't care too much about injury history unless it's something really crippling.

pugsnotdrugs19 05-12-2014 06:50 PM

I don't know if we all realize this but... if Travis Kelce can come in and be that big time TE he COULD be, and Bowe plays as he did in the playoffs, along with production from Avery/Jenkins/Hemingway, we are contenders. Don't forget Dressler either, it's not likely by any means but he could be a big time playmaker out of nowhere.

suzzer99 05-12-2014 06:58 PM

All this BPA talk is really annoying. BPA is obviously weighted by position, and to some degree need. No one drafts a fullback in the first round. Hardly ever a guard. And of course you're not going to draft a position you're stacked at.

suzzer99 05-12-2014 06:59 PM

I still want to see someone comment on my idea to move Flowers to safety if Gaines comes on strong. Imagine his hitting ability back there, and he'd be much less likely to be exposed.

Just Passin' By 05-12-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 10626380)
I still want to see someone comment on my idea to move Flowers to safety if Gaines comes on strong. Imagine his hitting ability back there, and he'd be much less likely to be exposed.

This.

Anyone who truly drafted BPA would be unemployed in a hurry.

Ragged Robin 05-12-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 10626380)

He would be super undersized to play FS and I'm not convinced that he'd do better than the rest of the bums on the roster as a field roamer. I don't think he figures into the Chiefs plans after this year because his contract is ridiculous.

keg in kc 05-12-2014 07:14 PM

It's more a philosophical difference than a literal one. BPA basically means drafting better athletes, guys with a higher ceiling but not necessarily quick or immediate development as opposed to picks perceived as being safer, with a higher floor and more instant gratification, but not necessarily the greatest long-term potential. Positional need is obviously tied to both. There's more risk with BPA, and while they can contribute immediately it's not a given. One the flipside, sometimes safer picks can exceed expectations. Or bust.

chiefzilla1501 05-12-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 10626379)
All this BPA talk is really annoying. BPA is obviously weighted by position, and to some degree need. No one drafts a fullback in the first round. Hardly ever a guard. And of course you're not going to draft a position you're stacked at.

The Chiefs drafted at a position they were stacked at (Ford). The Saints did too when they drafted Will Smith despite having two 10+ sack guys in Darren Howard and Charles Grant. The Giants did it twice... first time drafting Kiwanuka when they had Osi and Strahan. Second time drafting Tuck when they had Kiwanuka, Osi, and Strahan.

-King- 05-12-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10626404)
He would be super undersized to play FS and I'm not convinced that he'd do better than the rest of the bums on the roster as a field roamer. I don't think he figures into the Chiefs plans after this year because his contract is ridiculous.

You don't have to be big to play safety.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 05-12-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 10626379)

1. Because they would never be BPA.
2. That's short-sighted thinking on the part of teams, if and when true.