ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

BourbonMan 03-04-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9462731)
You're a pretty annoying dude.

LOL..Thanks..BTW, that should read...THE DUDE.:D

Buehler445 03-04-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9462622)
http://www.nbadraft.net/

BMac is projected #1 pick in upcoming NBA draft.

Marcus Smart #2.

Wow, 2 guys from the same conference at #1 and #2. That would be something. Also notice that Shabazz Mohammed is projected at #6. Imagine if KU would have landed that guy.

That would be crazy. I haven't been terribly impressed with Mohammed this year when I've watched, but I'm usually doing something else when the Crap-10 games are on.

ArrowheadHawk 03-04-2013 12:03 PM

KU up to #3 in coaches poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/polls/

Prison Bitch 03-04-2013 12:19 PM

Mohammed? LMAO. Come on guys, at least try.

I don't think much of him anyway. He can score off jumpshots when he comes off a screen or pulls up in trasition. He's ok taking the ball to the hoop. He has pretty good shot selection from deep, not taking wild shots. Doesn't defend or handle the ball. I think he's a decent player in the mold of Tyreke Evans. Perhaps Luol Deng. Not a perennial NBA all-star in my opinion.

ArrowheadHawk 03-04-2013 12:44 PM

#4 in AP

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/polls/ap

Mr. Plow 03-04-2013 12:44 PM

So wait.... despite losing to an unranked Virginia team & then needing 36 points from Ryan Kelly to beat Miami, Duke moves up in the rankings?

Prison Bitch 03-04-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9463092)
So wait.... despite losing to an unranked Virginia team & then needing 36 points from Ryan Kelly to beat Miami, Duke moves up in the rankings?

Dook is 3-4 on the road this year. None of the 3 wins was even against a top-75 RPI team. Kansas is 7-2 on the road including wins at Ohio State (18), K-State (20), Okie State (24) and ISU (53). GMAFB, pollsters. Ryan Kelly is new the Duhon yes. He's the new savior. But this is crazy.

They are 13-4 vs top-100 (which is very good) while Kansas is 13-3. Easily these two are in the top of that ranking. But we do it on the road, they do it all at home. It's annoying frankly.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/kansas/schedule

Bearcat 03-04-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9463092)

Well, the bolded part isn't relevant, and Michigan and Miami both lost, so at worst they were only going to dropbelow Kansas and Georgetown, who didn't beat any ranked teams last week.

Mr. Plow 03-04-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9463117)
Well, the bolded part isn't relevant, and Michigan and Miami both lost, so at worst they were only going to dropbelow Kansas and Georgetown, who didn't beat any ranked teams last week.

Honestly, if you watched the Miami/Duke game - it is somewhat relevant. If Kelly wasn't hitting everything he threw up, Miami would have won that game. He was the only thing keeping them within 10 points.

Regardless, a loss to Virginia & the Miami win should have at the very least left them where they were.

Bearcat 03-04-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9463131)
Honestly, if you watched the Miami/Duke game - it is somewhat relevant. If Kelly wasn't hitting everything he threw up, Miami would have won that game. He was the only thing keeping them within 10 points.

Regardless, a loss to Virginia & the Miami win should have at the very least left them where they were.

They dropped a spot in USA Today and stayed in the same in the AP.

Mr. Plow 03-04-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9463195)
They dropped a spot in USA Today and stayed in the same in the AP.

Damnit....I thought they went up 2 spots. I should watch more hockey.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9463012)
Mohammed? LMAO. Come on guys, at least try.

I don't think much of him anyway. He can score off jumpshots when he comes off a screen or pulls up in trasition. He's ok taking the ball to the hoop. He has pretty good shot selection from deep, not taking wild shots. Doesn't defend or handle the ball. I think he's a decent player in the mold of Tyreke Evans. Perhaps Luol Deng. Not a perennial NBA all-star in my opinion.

He's not much like Tyreke Evans. Not a PG like Tyreke, can shoot (which Tyreke can't), and can't slash anywhere near as effectively. Marcus Smart is pretty much Tyreke Evans in the NBA unless he develops a jump shot (which he still could).

Shabazz is an interesting player in that he's a very high BBIQ guy with great NBA size and an incredible jump shot. The frame is there for him to also be a good defensive player when he wants to be. He reminds me a bit of Harden at ASU (both in their lackluster effort levels and the way the game came easy to them), but he doesn't have that same court vision. It wouldn't surprise me if he developed that aspect, though, and ended up as the best player in this draft.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 01:45 PM

Duke probably loses to UNC on the road next week anyway. They haven't shown the ability to play away from Cameron yet. Though I suppose it comes down to how Kelly plays.

Prison Bitch 03-04-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9463222)
He's not much like Tyreke Evans. Not a PG like Tyreke, can shoot (which Tyreke can't), and can't slash anywhere near as effectively. Marcus Smart is pretty much Tyreke Evans in the NBA unless he develops a jump shot (which he still could).

Shabazz is an interesting player in that he's a very high BBIQ guy with great NBA size and an incredible jump shot. The frame is there for him to also be a good defensive player when he wants to be. He reminds me a bit of Harden at ASU (both in their lackluster effort levels and the way the game came easy to them), but he doesn't have that same court vision. It wouldn't surprise me if he developed that aspect, though, and ended up as the best player in this draft.

He's a lot taller and longer than Harden, doesn't handle the ball nearly as well. Tyreke is hitting 37% his long balls this year so he's a better shooter than you think. But yes, Evans handles the ball and penetrates far better. It's hard to get a good comp on Shabazz since he's a good but not great athlete who likes to spot up from midrange and/or post up guys on the blocks. Who does that anymore in the NBA at 6-6?

sedated 03-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9463228)
Duke probably loses to UNC on the road next week anyway.

I’m curious to see how UNC’s new 4-smalls lineup does against Kelly. IIRC, Kelly killed KU last year in Maui (neither Withey nor TRob could guard him), and a couple of games later Duke lost to a team that went small and absolutely schooled Kelly on the defensive end – Coach K ended up benching him I believe. This year’s UNC/Duke game might give Self a blueprint in the event we have to face Duke, and this year’s team has shown that sliding Releford to the 4 spot can be pretty effective.