ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9395120)
Careful, the brain trust says Star ruined his draft stock because of the senior bowl. It hurts some players more than others I guess

It's called sarcasm
Posted via Mobile Device

RyFo18 02-11-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395217)
Dude's sounding more Tyson Jacksony the more people talk about him.

THat's EXACTLY how people described Tyson Jackson coming into the pros.

I don't want players who "need to work on" the thing that we need them to do. Star will be no more effective than Glenn Dorsey on this defensive line.

**** him.

Fair enough. I've watched about 6 games of him and I'm way more enamored from him than I ever was Tyson Jackson. One man's opinion. Just saying what I think ends up happening. But I don't have anymore a clue as to who the new regime will pick than anyone else on this board.

RealSNR 02-11-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395261)
Fair enough. I've watched about 6 games of him and I'm way more enamored from him than I ever was Tyson Jackson. One man's opinion. Just saying what I think ends up happening. But I don't have anymore a clue as to who the new regime will pick than anyone else on this board.

I'm not directing my anger at you. I'm directing my anger at Star for resembling the kind of defensive linemen the Chiefs draft and then wonder why QBs have an entirely clean pocket when we don't send blitzers

RyFo18 02-11-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395293)
I'm not directing my anger at you. I'm directing my anger at Star for resembling the kind of defensive linemen the Chiefs draft and then wonder why QBs have an entirely clean pocket when we don't send blitzers

Ha, I can totally understand that.

KC native 02-11-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395217)
Dude's sounding more Tyson Jacksony the more people talk about him.

THat's EXACTLY how people described Tyson Jackson coming into the pros.

I don't want players who "need to work on" the thing that we need them to do. Star will be no more effective than Glenn Dorsey on this defensive line.

**** him.

This. He isn't a pass rusher. I pissed off a friend on facebook when I told him he was stupid for wanting Tyson Jackson part 2.

milkman 02-11-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9392970)
Yeah, you don't think Tim Tebow was a great college QB and I'm the guy who doesn't have a clue. Brilliant.

You illustrate your sheer stupidity with each post.

B14ckmon 02-11-2013 10:26 PM

Mr. Lotulelei will be playing in Jacksonville next year. So might as well remove him from the poll.

milkman 02-11-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9395638)
Mr. Lotulelei will be playing in Jacksonville next year. So might as well remove him from the poll.

You can have him.

KCrockaholic 02-11-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9395638)

Let us know how your franchise DT works out for the success of your team.

Crush 02-12-2013 04:37 PM

Other

Bullet to the brain.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9395223)
It's called sarcasm
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a subtle art.

Are you surprised he didn't get it?

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9392063)
Let's be real for a second. Jimmy Clausen was a spoon fed weiner with an overall lack of skills for the position at the next level. Arm strength was middling at best, zero mobility, a lack of pocket presence, etc. There was no way that this guy was going to be a good pro and the only reason that people got worked up around here about it was the Weis was the OC and people thought he would be an easier transition because he knew the system.

There is no way that Clausen is even close to Geno in terms of being an NFL prospect. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE.

Geno is legit, and most drafniks have had him going to the Chiefs at #1. Other than Kiper and McShay. So, I guess it comes down to who you find plausible in terms of player draft analysis - the two draftnik helmetheads at ESPN or just about everybody else on the planet.

Riiiight.

Okung.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9392486)
Dude, I think I'm just going to have to leave these posts alone until the draft is over. I really do think you're grossly misrepresenting what people believe about Geno Smith on this board.

Geno Smith MIGHT be a Super Bowl QB. He has the potential. And if he goes to KC, he'll have the coaching staff to put him in that position. He's not a savior, but lots of people like him and want him to be a Chief. You don't have to label it as a religious fervor. In fact, you SHOULDN'T. Because that's not what's going on. At all.

Alex Smith will NOT be a Super Bowl QB. Ever. Barring, of course, a Trent Dilfer-like experience, which I'm not anticipating to happen in the NFL ever again.

That's why so many people are positive on Geno and negative on Alex Smith.

If Andy drafts Geno Smith, and Geno busts, Andy is not a failure. If Andy punts on this QB issue in year one by trading for Alex Smith/Matt Flynn/Nick Foles, then yes, he absolutely IS a failure. Right out of the gate. No questions asked.

http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entr...happelle-show/

@TheJeffReport convince me that the Chiefs not drafting a QB number one overall is the smart thing to do #TwitterTuesday
The inconvenient truth is that the Chiefs stunk one year too late. The NFL personnel community is unanimous that there is no sure franchise quarterback in this draft, and drafting a guy first overall won’t change that.

I’ve been pretty consistent on this: the Chiefs NEED to upgrade at quarterback during the offseason, but I don’t care how they do it. If they decide their own needs plus a particular quarterback’s ability is worth the first pick, then cool. But if they decide they can get a worthy quarterback later in the draft, or through a trade, then they should do that.

But taking a guy first overall won’t make him Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning or even Eli Manning. It might just mean they spent the highest NFL pick in franchise history on a guy they could’ve had in the second round.

-------------------------

I'm sorry but I'm not just reading this shit from "National Guys" or whatnot.

At this point, there is no consensus.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9392489)
Draft a QB or be fired....

LMAO

Says the guy that knows ****ing **** about football.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 11:27 PM

SAM MELLINGER YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STUPID BEFORE WE FIX YOUR BRAIN, MAN