ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Pioli's first press conference thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200312)

Ebolapox 01-14-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 5390135)
You just don't get it do you Scott....

OMFG!

we need to sign a midget and name him 'mini me.'

"mini me LOVES chocolate. SCOTTIE DON'T!"

StcChief 01-14-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5391829)
There's some "meh" moments, but overall you gotta' love it. I have to say that this "cold shoulder/out of the loop" stuff that some members of the media have been crying about may be just the wonderful fact that Pioli is a very commited and thus busy guy doing his job who doesn't HAVE a lot of time to commit to a bunch of mic-monkeys.

DCS LIKES!

that was my read from this as well..... dumb F media

so what else is new. Change is good. and he doesn't have time for these clowns without a real question.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-14-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 5392035)
that was my read from this as well..... dumb F media

so what else is new. Change is good. and he doesn't have time for these clowns without a real question.

I think my favorite line, and one very near the start, is where he says "And I can't wait to get to work".

This guy LOVES football, and you can tell that the challenge and chance to build his own and first empire means more to him than money ever could.

This was a GREAT hire and move on Clark's part; we are FINALLY on our merry ****ing way.
:toast:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-14-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 5391001)
NO MORE "AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!"

It is what it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-14-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 5391932)
Yes. I've always felt that people who put so much stock in combine stats lacked faith in their own evaluation skills. They wanted to let the numbers tell them what a good football player is. Pioli exudes confidence in his ability to identify a quality player based on what he does on the field, regardless of what the "measureables" might say.

My Mom has that King Crimson record in her collection! I've been enthralled by Robert Fripp ever since he uttered "Are you alive inside your left hand"?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-14-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets2k5 (Post 5391613)
I have 5 posts since 2006, not exactly a troll. The compliments weren't meant to be back handed. The trade remark was a joke at King Carls expense.

The Chiefs made a great pickup in Pioli and he'll surely rid the organization of Herm in short order.

And you're positively thrilled to have him out of your division. Happy we could oblige.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2009 12:25 AM

Michael Smith of ESPN is reporting there is a good possibility that Pioli keeps Herm and the final decision on the coaching staff should come by the end of the week.

Reerun_KC 01-15-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5392304)
Michael Smith of ESPN is reporting there is a good possibility that Pioli keeps Herm and the final decision on the coaching staff should come by the end of the week.

He has been reporting that all day... Michael Smith can eat dick...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5392309)
He has been reporting that all day... Michael Smith can eat dick...

Self admittedly I've been uninvolved with this all day until the last hour and a half or so. Sorry for the repost, I just caught it.

Reerun_KC 01-15-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5392313)
Self admittedly I've been uninvolved with this all day until the last hour and a half or so. Sorry for the repost, I just caught it.

Its cool, I wasnt flaming on you... just letting you know that he has been saying that all day....

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5392315)
Its cool, I wasnt flaming on you... just letting you know that he has been saying that all day....

I think our new GM has established a method I'm beginning to love:

"I'm gonna' talk straight with the fans". "I'm gonna' talk straight with my people at Arrowhead".

"As for the media; Let Them Eat Dick".

LMAO

"Bob" Dobbs 01-15-2009 01:17 AM

By the way, here's a link to the trascript of the PC. http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/01...r_scott_pioli/

Frosty 01-15-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5391944)
What do you think he was going to say when he said, "There are no other Tom Brady's and no other Matt Cassell's. Now there's one guy who -" and then he stopped.

I bet he was talking about one of the QBs in the draft, and then remembered not to tip his hand.

Maybe he is going to shock all of us and trade for Kevin O'Connell. :D

HemiEd 01-15-2009 12:42 PM

Thanks for embedding the press conference, I finally had a chance to watch it.

siberian khatru 01-14-2013 04:56 PM

Thought it would be interesting to compare *****'s introductory presser to Dorsey's -- ironically, held on the same dates, exactly four years apart.

Oops, sorry OTWP:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5390847)
How can you not like this guy?

The guy oozes class and professionalism.

He had a lot of people fooled, from the owner on down.