ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If not #1, where? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268954)

O.city 01-18-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9331769)
I would easily take Bridgewater over anyone in this class. That guy is going to be really good.

Dude. Really? You're geno hate is clouding your vision.

Bridgewater just had genos 2011.

BossChief 01-18-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9331645)
Is Kiper paying douchebags to come here and try to knock Geno?

I have wondered if the league has been trying to have some of these quarterbacks fall to bigger markets.

Hammock Parties 01-18-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332059)
I have wondered if the league has been trying to have some of these quarterbacks fall to bigger markets.

It wouldn't surprise me.

I bet they hate Reid in KC.

BossChief 01-18-2013 11:20 PM

The NFL would LOVE for Geno to drop to 9.

Saccopoo 01-18-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC
I would easily take Bridgewater over anyone in this class. That guy is going to be really good.
Our third round draft pick thinks Bridgewater sucks...

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...review-620.jpg

NJChiefsFan 01-18-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiscayneBLVD (Post 9330263)
Tbh it'd be best if the chiefs didn't waste their picks on a QB this year (@LEAST not the #1 overall) and waited next year. That class is going to be STACKED with quality Quarterbacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiscayneBLVD (Post 9331091)
No one's saying Geno is a bad pick. In fact, he's accurate enough to be brought along as the season progresses in Reid's system, like the Seahawks did with Wilson.

Ok, so you suggest that the Chiefs pass up on a QB that you yourself say is not a bad pick, so they can wait til next year to get a QB that you yourself are claiming will go first overall???? Do you expect KC to pick first overall again next year? How does that make any sense? Also, the list you have following him isn't that hot, certainly not hot enough to pass on a QB and HOPE that next year you pick high enough to get one.

What happens in your scenario where they pass on a QB but pick like 12th in the draft next year? Even in your scenario where TB is far and away the greatest, the Chiefs wouldn't have the pick to get him next year. Beyond that, passing on Geno this year to get the 2nd, or more likely 3rd or 4th QB next year falls into the category of either "one in the hand, two in the bush" or perhaps "stupid as shit".

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-19-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9332067)
It wouldn't surprise me.

I bet they hate Reid in KC.

nah, you underestimate your own club

KC might not be the biggest market but the Chiefs are a strong traditional brand which the NFL is very happy to promote, the big markets will do just fine

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-19-2013 05:40 AM

after being on here for a week and reading all the comments i can see that you guys are thirsty for some dynamic O and that Geno represents a departure from a run of ho-hum offenses

fair enough, this reminds me of the Eagle's fans need to move on from AR so i get it, you NEED the change

so, i'll back down, Geno is a guy that might be magic in a bottle and QB surely is THE position and worth a stretch so i'll go with it

having said that, be forewarned as many of us nOObs (our spelling) have told you, Reid loves linemen, loves to trade down, keeps his cards VERY VERY close to his breast, and is confident of doing really good things with mediocre QBs

i.e. it ain't a done deal

Pasta Little Brioni 01-19-2013 09:06 AM

Heh, people always want the "better prospect that'll be there next year". Groundhog day all over again.

keg in kc 01-19-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332059)

I've long had that theory. Eli to NY was pretty obvious. Then Sanchez taken ridiculously high, again in NY. My theory on him was that the league wanted a new Hispanic face of the NFL in a major market. Then a few years later when the league expands he can go to LA in a blockbuster trade. Creates an automatic rivalry with NYC, puts a local hero as the centerpiece. 'course that gets derailed because he sucks, and they haven't expanded, but that was what I thought at the time.

htismaqe 01-19-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiscayneBLVD (Post 9331909)
Yea? And Akili somehow went before Daunte Culpepper. The thing isn't much that separates Bray and Murray this year. And if Murray came out this year, there's no doubt he would go before Bray, because of Bray's immaturity issues, and Murray's 'leadership'.

Anyway the point I was trying to make (and was apparently missed buy that maqe fellow) was that Murray will most likely be a better prospect next year, than Bray is this year. I didn't think that was so complicated to understand...

Geno, Wilson, AND Barkley are better prospects NOW than Aaron Murray will EVER be.

Next year's class, outside of Bridgewater, is WORSE than this one.

htismaqe 01-19-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9332549)
having said that, be forewarned as many of us nOObs (our spelling) have told you, Reid loves linemen, loves to trade down, keeps his cards VERY VERY close to his breast, and is confident of doing really good things with mediocre QBs

i.e. it ain't a done deal

His first pick, at 2 overall, was McNabb.

He didn't start "loving linemen" until AFTER he got his QB.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-19-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9332981)
His first pick, at 2 overall, was McNabb.

He didn't start "loving linemen" until AFTER he got his QB.

that is true, it will be interesting to see what he does

Sorter 01-19-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9332098)
Our third round draft pick thinks Bridgewater sucks...

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...review-620.jpg

This.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-19-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9333096)
This.

boxxy, she famous