ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

007 06-06-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.
Interesting but they didn't really cover the Fee that has been running around in this thread.

So, they are saying that I can let anyone on my friends list I choose play any one of my games if I share it. They can play the entire game fee free?

It also doesn't say what happens if you trade a physical disk in to a retailer either. Since it is installed on your HDD and in the cloud I assume they are going to kill the access to it from both.

Malcor 06-06-2013 08:43 PM

You're right, it doesn't answer everything. What it sounds like to me is that you buy the game on disc, install it, and it is tied to your Live account and that particular console. Anyone using that particular console can then play that game. Also, with your Live account you can play the game anywhere...as can 10 'family members' (I have no idea how they will verify that, heh).

I would guess then, you can take the disc, or just download it at your friend's place and play it there as long as you are signed in. And they have said before, your friend can chose to buy it without having to download it again if they want to play it without you.

When you no longer want the game, it can be given away once...or sold to 'participating retailers'. I'm guessing they then have some way to clear the license to resell? ~shrugs~

Strange. And overly complex it seems.

And what about rentals?

Setsuna 06-07-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9733872)

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Micro$oft can't backtrack fast enough. There are fees in there somewhere, you can just feel it. But no one will know about it until after you buy it.

Quesadilla Joe 06-07-2013 04:40 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cn_NoMjuFLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO @ his Kinect confusing him for his couch because he's so fat.

WhitiE 06-07-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9735275)
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Micro$oft can't backtrack fast enough. There are fees in there somewhere, you can just feel it. But no one will know about it until after you buy it.

I bet the assholes will give you different options for the fees too.... Like once a year for $60 or like $10 a month, ya know the funny thing is i bet people are dumb enough to pay $10 a month....

Setsuna 06-07-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 9735474)
I bet the assholes will give you different options for the fees too.... Like once a year for $60 or like $10 a month, ya know the funny thing is i bet people are dumb enough to pay $10 a month....

M$ enjoys your contributions to them and will reward you with more fees. Congratulations! :doh!:

SnakeXJones 06-07-2013 06:12 PM

It's pretty damn incredible how fast they are digging themselves into a big shithole with each info that is released nothing is positive unless a sequel to Alan Wake

Deberg_1990 06-07-2013 06:17 PM

Sony could gain a nice upper hand here if they come out and say "nothing has changed with our gaming policies, keep trading away and playing freely".

They are keeping pretty quiet right now....

DanBecky 06-07-2013 07:01 PM

Ol' Francis. His vids are hilarious. GT is I Delta Seven I. Play a lot of COD

Pants 06-07-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9736804)
Sony could gain a nice upper hand here if they come out and say "nothing has changed with our gaming policies, keep trading away and playing freely".

Like I said earlier, I think the used games system is going to be the same, whatever it is, on both systems. I think most of this is driven by the publishers. Naturally, some of it is probably M$ trying to slowly move toward the inevitable future of no physical media whilst trying to figure out how, exactly, to make it work, but most of it is probably driven by the publishers.

-King- 06-07-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9736804)

Because they're likely going to have the same exact policies.

Setsuna 06-08-2013 07:01 AM

Hey guys thinking about getting live again for the sole purpose of playing Dark Souls to it's fullest. That $9.99 for one month is looking pretty tempting right now. Also does anyone still play Dark Souls online?

Setsuna 06-09-2013 03:10 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ryB-hdtpQRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Plow 06-09-2013 03:33 PM

Are you really still crying about all this stuff? You aren't buying a 360. Do you just dislike it because they put pricing out there for things and you said "What? $4 a month? **** you, I want to pay $15 a month."

Setsuna 06-09-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9739511)
Are you really still crying about all this stuff? You aren't buying a 360. Do you just dislike it because they put pricing out there for things and you said "What? $4 a month? **** you, I want to pay $15 a month."

I'm not crying, I'm trying to give people in here information. And it was $10 not $15.