ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Radar Chief 02-14-2014 01:26 PM

Spoiler!

Gonzo 02-14-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10433264)
Spoiler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DpVJ5OKODE

Look at the exact 1:00 mark.

frankotank 02-14-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433246)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Radar Chief 02-14-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433273)

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 02-14-2014 01:52 PM

I'll bet Notorious is

Spoiler!

at

Spoiler!

posts.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

frankotank 02-14-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433273)

woh!
so....that story....it isn't in compendium 1 or 2 is it? I don't remember that at all.

Gonzo 02-14-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10433344)
woh!
so....that story....it isn't in compendium 1 or 2 is it? I don't remember that at all.

Nope... Special edition. They have a few of them i believe.
There's one for Tyrese that's pretty good.

The Franchise 02-14-2014 02:23 PM

So since I ordered the compendiums.....where does the TV show start getting different? I've watched up until season 4.

frankotank 02-14-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433394)
Nope... Special edition. They have a few of them i believe.
There's one for Tyrese that's pretty good.

Well....thanks for the info.
but I woulda sworn "they got what they deserved".
which makes NO DAMN SENSE that she said that!!! considering what you just showed me in the vid of that book. see what I mean? it's like....uh....what?

Fire Me Boy! 02-14-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10433413)
So since I ordered the compendiums.....where does the TV show start getting different? I've watched up until season 4.

Pretty much from the beginning. It follows a similar arc, but there are a lot of differences.

The Franchise 02-14-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10433469)
Pretty much from the beginning. It follows a similar arc, but there are a lot of differences.

Better or worse in your opinion?

Fire Me Boy! 02-14-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10433565)
Better or worse in your opinion?

Overall, I like the show better. The story is more solid, the characters better written, and I think the writers of the show have more respect for the story than the comic.

Kirkman sets up a ton of story lines in the books and then in one fell swoop will kill a dozen characters, wiping out their story lines. And while that's his prerogative and I understand he's saying "anything can happen," I feel like that's disrespectful to the material and its readers to destroy so much so fast on what feels like a whim.

But there's a violence and brutality in the comic books that I really enjoy, and characterizations that they'll never show on TV. The Governor, for one; he's a charicature of evil in the books, and that's kinda fun. But David Morrissey does such a great job with the role, backstory, and such that I much prefer his Governor over the books. And I think we're building up to a character called Negan in the show, and I honestly have no idea how they'll do it, because as evil as the Governor was in the comics, Negan is way worse.

Bottom line, I think the comics are worth reading. I bought the compendiums, and every few months when they release a new volume, I pick it up.

Sure-Oz 02-14-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10433577)
Overall, I like the show better. The story is more solid, the characters better written, and I think the writers of the show have more respect for the story than the comic.

Kirkman sets up a ton of story lines in the books and then in one fell swoop will kill a dozen characters, wiping out their story lines. And while that's his prerogative and I understand he's saying "anything can happen," I feel like that's disrespectful to the material and its readers to destroy so much so fast on what feels like a whim.

But there's a violence and brutality in the comic books that I really enjoy, and characterizations that they'll never show on TV. The Governor, for one; he's a charicature of evil in the books, and that's kinda fun. But David Morrissey does such a great job with the role, backstory, and such that I much prefer his Governor over the books. And I think we're building up to a character called Negan in the show, and I honestly have no idea how they'll do it, because as evil as the Governor was in the comics, Negan is way worse.

Bottom line, I think the comics are worth reading. I bought the compendiums, and every few months when they release a new volume, I pick it up.

I'm enjoy the show alot more, esp with whats happend now. I've hardly gotten into the compendiums but need to. I have both volumes too.

Mr. Plow 02-14-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10433577)

I couldn't describe my feelings better.

cabletech94 02-14-2014 07:32 PM

gonzo had it all right about michones "pets".

they didn't play much in the comics tho........

/no time for spoilers, yo!