ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Titty Meat 12-22-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231055)
Dude, comparing Tyler Wilson to Jay Cutler is just as much of an insult as comparing Geno Smith to Vince Young. If the Bears had any common sense they would look to upgrade from Cutler ASAP.

What?

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9231190)
What?

I just really hate Jay Cutler, that's all. Dude's ****ing garbage. He's the worst kind of garbage because to me he's not even a top 15 QB, yet the Bears invested a ton in him, and will be sticking with him for a long time trying to find the right combination of players/coaching that will work.

That's the exact same problem that the Chiefs had with Matt Cassel.

mcaj22 12-22-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231193)
I just really hate Jay Cutler, that's all. Dude's ****ing garbage. He's the worst kind of garbage because to me he's not even a top 15 QB, yet the Bears invested a ton in him, and will be sticking with him for a long time trying to find the right combination of players/coaching that will work.

That's the exact same problem that the Chiefs had with Matt Cassel.

on paper, i dont think there is 15 NFL QBs better than him. I dont like him either but unless you are being some NFL expert and predicting guys to be better than him there are not 15 current NFL QBs better

who is better than him
Big Ben
Eli
Rodgers
Brady
Peyton
Luck
RG3
Romo
Ryan
Wilson?
Stafford?
Kaepernick?
Schaub?

you to start to walk a fine line of drop off after like 9 or 10 QBs. He's surely better than guys like Schaub and Stafford

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9231202)
on paper, i dont think there is 15 NFL QBs better than him. I dont like him either but unless you are being some NFL expert and predicting guys to be better than him there are not 15 current NFL QBs better

who is better than him
Big Ben
Eli
Rodgers
Brady
Peyton
Luck
RG3
Romo
Ryan
Wilson?
Stafford?
Kaepernick?
Schaub?

you to start to walk a fine line of drop off after like 9 or 10 QBs. He's surely better than guys like Schaub and Stafford

Schaub and Stafford are absolutely better than him. You forgot Brees on your list, and I would rather have Alex Smith, Newton, Vick (yes, Vick) and Rivers over Cutler.

If you disagree with those last three, then we can absolutely mix and match between Bradford, Kaep, Dalton, and Wilson.

RealSNR 12-22-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9231202)
He's surely better than guys like Schaub and Stafford

Surely not.

Watch more Bears games. Cutler's a bitch.

mcaj22 12-22-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231208)
Schaub and Stafford are absolutely better than him. You forgot Brees on your list, and I would rather have Alex Smith, Newton, Vick (yes, Vick) and Rivers over Cutler.

If you disagree with those last three, then we can absolutely mix and match between Bradford, Kaep, Dalton, and Wilson.

i did forget Brees yes, but you are walking a fine line with some of these guys, they will never put up numbers close to Cutler. No matter how hard you want to play expert and predict. What is on paper is on paper

i hate the guy too and thinks hes stinks, but there is more bad QB play in the NFL than there is good and he falls somewhere in the middle

Nightfyre 12-22-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9231214)
i did forget Brees yes, but you are walking a fine line with some of these guys, they will never put up numbers close to Cutler. No matter how hard you want to play expert and predict. What is on paper is on paper

i hate the guy too and thinks hes stinks, but there is more bad QB play in the NFL than there is good and he falls somewhere in the middle

It is irrelevant, because he is a QB who will cost you a playoff game sometime before he gets you to the Super Bowl.

Unsmooth-Moment 12-22-2012 01:54 AM

Cutler will be alright when Chicago starts investing in their pass blocking.

ROYC75 12-22-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 9231263)
Cutler will be alright when Chicago starts investing in their pass blocking.

Cutler is a whiny brat that will NEVER be great or elite. He is just above average, which is nothing to get excited about.

Cutler has to have all players around him to be able to perform at a high level. They have to be good enough to carry him, IMHO, he is not a franchise QB.

BigCatDaddy 12-22-2012 08:20 AM

More Tyler less Jay please.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-04-2013 08:59 PM

4) Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Wilson was expected to blossom into a standout pocket passer under the tutelage of Bobby Petrino in 2013. NFL scouts hoped to see Wilson combine his outstanding physical skills with better footwork and fundamentals in his second full season as the Razorbacks' starting quarterback. But Petrino lost his job in April thanks to a well-publicized scandal, and his departure certainly affected Wilson's development.

While Wilson performed admirably for the Razorbacks amid the chaos (completing 62.1 percent of his passes for more than 3,300 yards with 21 touchdowns against 13 interceptions), he didn't appear to take another step in his development as a player. He continued to display sloppy footwork in the pocket, which greatly contributed to his spotty accuracy and ball placement. Scouts will spend a lot of time studying the 2011 tape to see Wilson at his best. However, the fact that he slightly regressed this season is understandable, given the circumstances. In fact, some evaluators might show some leniency in their grading and withhold their final evaluation until they examine his progress over the course of the week at a college all-star game. Given Wilson's talent, potential and performance in difficult circumstances, he is the quarterback in the class who most intrigues scouts and coaches.

Plan for success: Wilson looked like one of the top quarterbacks in this draft class heading into the 2012 campaign, based on his rapid development over the course of his junior season. He displayed all of the physical tools that scouts covet in franchise quarterbacks (outstanding arm talent and anticipation) as well as experience in a pro-style system, and evaluators expected him to continue improving as a playmaker from the pocket. To set the table for Wilson's success as a pro, a franchise must surround him with a coaching staff that stresses the fundamentals of playing the position. Wilson would also benefit from playing in a system designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly on an assortment of short and intermediate passes. Although Wilson has the ability to push the ball down the field, he was at his best directing Petrino's quick-rhythm system and could emerge as a legitimate franchise quarterback in a scheme that plays to his strengths as a quick decision maker.

Pro comparison: Matt Ryan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...t-quarterbacks

Mr_Tomahawk 01-04-2013 09:04 PM

Yes Please.

CaliforniaChief 01-04-2013 09:09 PM

I still like Geno, bit if Reid thinks Wilson's the man, then I'm all in. We'll see how the evaluation period goes.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9283092)
I still like Geno, bit if Reid thinks Wilson's the man, then I'm all in. We'll see how the evaluation period goes.

If he thinks Barkley is the man, I'm good with that too.

Dave Lane 01-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9283092)

Seconded completely. Can't lose they both look great.