ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8749662)
Would you give him 70 million in guarantees?

How about 80?

Where is your cut off point?

You already said you would give him 60...what's the difference between 60 and 70?

It's just Clarks money and the salary cap is made up, anyway.

I would give him $240M in guarantees to ensure his ability to import for years to come.

FFS, common sense on this board is a given. You really think Bowe and his agent are trying to set the standard for WR salaries in this league? You think anyone would believe that this is even halfway realistic?

aturnis 07-17-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8749639)
It's like arguing with a manic person.

Lose one argument, start another unrelated argument.

Rinse, repeat, until you wear out the people making sense.

Glad to see you admitting past defeats.

BossChief 07-17-2012 10:40 PM

All in all, none of us actually know the actual details here of what Bowe is actually demanding and what Pioli is offering.

It's poiness to argue who is right or wrong when we don't even know the factual details of both sides.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2012 10:41 PM

Caption please.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...G.SlMa.81.jpeg

aturnis 07-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8749642)
All he's got is an ambiguous paraphrased quote heard secondhand. LOL

? Schefter isn't a trustworthy source? Directly citing Fitz/Megatron contracts.

Again, what's more likely, Pioli doesn't want to pay Bowe 5/72, or Bowe wanting top 3 money?

All the evidence points to the latter.

Brock 07-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8749677)
All in all, none of us actually know the actual details here of what Bowe is actually demanding and what Pioli is offering.

It's poiness to argue who is right or wrong when we don't even know the factual details of both sides.

Too bad you didn't tell us this 500 posts ago.

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8749677)

Then why are you asking about $60M?

Let's believe Bowe is asking for Fitz money; that sure as hell isn't $60M guaranteed.

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8749678)

"Son, I'm going to **** you."

RealSNR 07-17-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8749678)

"This handjob is coming out of your next paycheck, Dwayne"

Brock 07-17-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8749681)
? Schefter isn't a trustworthy source? Directly citing Fitz/Megatron contracts.

Again, what's more likely, Pioli doesn't want to pay Bowe 5/72, or Bowe wanting top 3 money?

All the evidence points to the latter.

What evidence? You can't even remember exactly what Schefter said, only that "it kinda sounded like he meant Bowe was asking for the moon".

DeezNutz 07-17-2012 10:46 PM

Oh, noez. He wants top-3 money and my CP calculations say that he should get only 36.785. ****.

aturnis 07-17-2012 10:47 PM

I've paraphrased exactly what he said. You're the the one who is so hung up on it and won't go find it.

OnTheWarpath15 07-17-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8749660)
Mike and Mike. Not only that but each and every comment Schefty and La Canfora have had on the matter have said as much. You choose not to accept it, not b/c it isn't obvious, but because your labia hurts. Do your own legwork.

If they've said as much, and you're so adamant about it, what's the problem with posting it?

You know, besides the fact that everyone has seen/heard the quotes and knows that Schefter is speculating, and that you're full of shit.

I believe the words he used on Mike and Mike were, "The Chiefs seem unwilling to pay a top WR, and Bowe seems to be looking for money in the general vicinity of what other top WR's have signed for."

"It seems" and "general vicinity" are pretty vague comments for someone who supposedly knows the details.

Lbedrock1 07-17-2012 10:48 PM

The first thing I notice about that list is they all had elite QB's throwing to them.

BossChief 07-17-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8749668)
I would give him $240M in guarantees to ensure his ability to import for years to come.

FFS, common sense on this board is a given. You really think Bowe and his agent are trying to set the standard for WR salaries in this league? You think anyone would believe that this is even halfway realistic?

Pioli has shown to have the ability to get players signed to fair market deals since he got here.

Carr was "overpaid for" (Jerry Jones own words)
Schefter and LaCanfora both said Bowe is looking for Megatron/Fitz money

Hali was given 35 guaranteed, what makes you think Bowe wasn't given a fair offer?