ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Flopnuts Fatties Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262790)

Buck 10-05-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8977686)
LMAO

About time you hit the gym, fuzzy nuts! There is nothing better in the world than a great lifting session.

Tell me about it. Or the DOMS the next day. Ugh.

However, as my body is getting used to the weightlifting, it's burning off a shit load of fat.

I've lost 8.2 lbs this week alone. I was stuck at 215-218 for about a month and a half (to be honest I was trying to not lose weight).

I've kicked it into high gear on keto (1500 or less calories a day) and I've been lifting 3 times a week and doing some form of light cardio once a week (I do about 5 min of running before and 5 min of fast walking after lifting, but I'll go and do an easy little 30 min cardio session getting my heart rate up to 165 or so once a week).

Weighed in today at 209.8

199.9 is so ****ing close I can feel it.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 09:27 AM

Switched from low carb Monsters over to No Carb Rockstar Zero Carbs. That eliminates 2 carbs out of the diet.

Oh....and started the 100 pushup program last night. I'll be starting the Sprint 8 program this weekend.

**** you fat.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8977383)
Can you not smoke anymore?

Unfortunately, after 20 years all it does alone is make me paranoid. When I'm drinking, it's fantastic. It's a mental thing. Stress, amongst other things, however it's a shitty, shitty, excuse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8977391)
In a world of unicorns and rainbows, I'd tell you to keep your head up, but in the real world, I gotta say, I'm disappointed man.

You and me both, brah. Gotta get it worked out. No doubt.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2012 10:10 AM

So I've made this huge excuse that low carb left me with no ability to workout at max pace. I'm talking cardio with a h/r in the 160's plus making it actual training vs. just fat burning. Someone tell me I'm full of shit.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 10:10 AM

You just gotta give it up man. I'm sure it's going to be tough as ****....and it's going to suck....but it's the best thing for you.

Buck 10-05-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8978940)
So I've made this huge excuse that low carb left me with no ability to workout at max pace. I'm talking cardio with a h/r in the 160's plus making it actual training vs. just fat burning. Someone tell me I'm full of shit.

You're actually right. It will take about a month for your body to acclimate to using fat as your main source of energy. Working out is harder for that first month, but once your body gets used to it, you can go as hard as you could otherwise.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8978941)
You just gotta give it up man. I'm sure it's going to be tough as ****....and it's going to suck....but it's the best thing for you.

Yeah, I'm just being a mental midget, pussy. At some point, you just got to grab yourself by the balls and say this ain't working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8978950)
You're actually right. It will take about a month for your body to acclimate to using fat as your main source of energy. Working out is harder for that first month, but once your body gets used to it, you can go as hard as you could otherwise.

So, I did it for over a month and have been eating carbs for a week. I suppose I'm ****ed and have to start all over? Whew.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2012 10:16 AM

You two in particular are guys I call friends. Not just internet acquaintances. Thanks for bucking up and telling me how it is. It's helpful.

Saul Good 10-05-2012 10:24 AM

Forget about whether or not you can work out at a max level. Just work out, and let the rest figure itself out.

Buck 10-05-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8978953)
Yeah, I'm just being a mental midget, pussy. At some point, you just got to grab yourself by the balls and say this ain't working.

So, I did it for over a month and have been eating carbs for a week. I suppose I'm ****ed and have to start all over? Whew.

Naw, it shouldn't take that long since your body was already getting used to it.

But like Saul said, just do your best that you can and it will work itself out when it will.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 10:32 AM

Any exercise is better than no exercise.

And yeah....I'm a ****ing hypocrite for that one.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8978957)
You two in particular are guys I call friends. Not just internet acquaintances. Thanks for bucking up and telling me how it is. It's helpful.

Same here man. You know if you need anything....you can let me know.

phisherman 10-05-2012 11:43 AM

Running or jogging, it doesn't matter, just keep moving dude.

Just walking one mile burns a lot more calories than sitting on the couch. Running has also re-taught me how nice it is to be out in the open air.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 12:07 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_TRUSTEKRp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2012 12:20 PM

At 1:03 Stallone starts speaking. I listened to that 3 times. Sometimes, when it's channeled correctly, anger is a gift.