ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

Quesadilla Joe 08-07-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9864671)
Well, I was already leaning the way of the PS4 anyways, but now it is all but official for me.

Kingdom Hearts 3 set to be released in December. Im in, pre ordering mine today........

Pretty sure the xbone will have it too.

Setsuna 08-07-2013 10:59 PM

Hey TinyEvel....I know for a freaking fact I posted my PSN and you put MFJones' up there when I posted mine well before his. WTF is your problem bro?

Mav 08-08-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9864759)
Pretty sure the xbone will have it too.

I looked, I could only find it on PS4. Either way, its more about gaming for me, and I was leaning that way anyways. but thanks for the heads up.

007 08-16-2013 10:33 PM

oh noez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

007 08-17-2013 07:36 AM

AFter over 5 years I finally have the blinking red light of death. LMAO

Is it worth it to send it in to Sony for the $99 repair? What are the odds they would swap it out for a more recent model?

Mother****erJones 08-18-2013 04:03 PM

I would get it fixed. But it could take awhile is why i bought mine instead of fixing my friends he gave me

007 08-19-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9897435)
I would get it fixed. But it could take awhile is why i bought mine instead of fixing my friends he gave me

They told me 7-10 days from when they receive it.

Saulbadguy 08-28-2013 05:30 AM

My Playstation 3 died last night - blinking red light. :(

007 08-28-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9920620)
My Playstation 3 died last night - blinking red light. :(

JOin the club. Must be a secret bug planted in all PS3's right before the ps4 launch. :)

I think I can fix mine. I just need to obtain a heat gun and thermal paste. I am not overly impressed with the PS3Superslim.

Mother****erJones 08-28-2013 06:38 AM

Man I don't like madden on ps3. Have issues with the sticks since they're different than sticks on a 360 controller

bgguitarman 08-28-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9920621)
JOin the club. Must be a secret bug planted in all PS3's right before the ps4 launch. :)

I think I can fix mine. I just need to obtain a heat gun and thermal paste. I am not overly impressed with the PS3Superslim.

I fixed my original 60 gb fatty with that method. It worked for about a month and died again.

007 08-28-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgguitarman (Post 9920747)
I fixed my original 60 gb fatty with that method. It worked for about a month and died again.

I just want to fix it then trade it in somewhere that will refurb it further. Getting something for it is better than nothing at all.

Mr. Plow 12-06-2013 09:08 AM

Bumping for a quick question.

Got a PS3 for an Christmas present for the kids and need to know the "Must Play" games. Going to be doing some Christmas shopping in the next week and want to pick up a couple of games.

htismaqe 12-06-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10251908)
Bumping for a quick question.

Got a PS3 for an Christmas present for the kids and need to know the "Must Play" games. Going to be doing some Christmas shopping in the next week and want to pick up a couple of games.

The first games I picked up when I got my PS3 were the God of War series, obviously since I had never played them as an XBox owner.

They're not kid-friendly though.

Mr. Plow 12-06-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10251925)
The first games I picked up when I got my PS3 were the God of War series, obviously since I had never played them as an XBox owner.

They're not kid-friendly though.

I'm getting Last of Us & Arkham Origins with the system.

I'll put God of War down as a present for dad.

Infamous I'm assuming is a good one as well.

htismaqe 12-06-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10251964)
I'm getting Last of Us & Arkham Origins with the system.

I'll put God of War down as a present for dad.

Infamous I'm assuming is a good one as well.

Not sure how old your kids are (my girls are 12 and 10) but there really aren't a lot of "kid" games on the PS3 that I've found.

The good titles are really for adults. There's not the volume of fun little time wasters like there was on XBox Live Arcade.

That being said, now my kids aren't tempted to use MY console. :D

Oh, and I badgered my 12-year old into feeding my nostalgia and playing Diablo 3 couch coop. She actually really likes it.

Mr. Plow 12-06-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10251996)
Not sure how old your kids are (my girls are 12 and 10) but there really aren't a lot of "kid" games on the PS3 that I've found.

The good titles are really for adults. There's not the volume of fun little time wasters like there was on XBox Live Arcade.

That being said, now my kids aren't tempted to use MY console. :D

Oh, and I badgered my 12-year old into feeding my nostalgia and playing Diablo 3 couch coop. She actually really likes it.

14 is my oldest - so I'm sure he'll get some good use out of it.

The other 3 are 8, 7, 6. Is Little Big Planet worth a purchase?

Mr. Plow 12-06-2013 09:49 AM

Also, any "Must See" movies on Bluray? This is my first go into the Bluray world. It's never been anything I was overly concerned about going out to purchase....but now that I'll have one, might as well enjoy it.

htismaqe 12-06-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10252006)

Haven't played it but it got good reviews IIRC.

Mecca 12-06-2013 10:21 AM

When I got my PS3 the first games I bought were Uncharted series, Infamous and The Show.

srvy 12-06-2013 10:37 AM

Any of the Lego's titles my kids loved. They loved the Little Big Planet for the online play and the ever changing worlds. They are both keepers the first and second. Also Minecraft but I think it is only in Xbox for some reason my kids love it. Skylander, Just Dance. Some of those may not cross platforms we have Xbox and ps3.

Mecca 12-06-2013 10:37 AM

I don't get the minecraft obsession someone needs to explain it to me.

Mr. Plow 12-06-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10252127)

I've never played it because I see how addictive it can be. My kids - well pretty much every kid - loves it. Not 100% why though.

The Franchise 12-06-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10252127)

It must be an adolescent thing because I don't get it either. But if I go to my Daughter's school during any kind of event.....there are tons of kids in the audience with laptops playing that shit.

Mecca 12-06-2013 10:57 AM

It looks like it was made in 1982 I don't get it at all.

aturnis 12-06-2013 12:25 PM

LittleBigPlanet is awesome. All of your kids, and likely you yourself will love it. Definitely worth purchase. Also, there is the Remastered version of the old DuckTales game.

007 12-06-2013 05:02 PM

LittleBigPlanet 2
Infamous
Uncharted all three of them
God of War Saga
Last of Us

These are the absolutely MUST PLAY titles.

htismaqe 12-06-2013 05:04 PM

Minecraft is basically digital Legos with a bit of RPG/RTS thrown in.

My kids could literally play it 24x7. They've built everything from Gothic castles to 100-mile long wooden roller coasters and pretty much everything in between.

007 12-06-2013 05:05 PM

Why are we talking about Mincraft in the PS3 thread. PS3 can't play that game. Not sure why but it can't.

Mr. Plow 12-06-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10252979)
LittleBigPlanet 2
Infamous
Uncharted all three of them
God of War Saga
Last of Us

These are the absolutely MUST PLAY titles.

Thanks!

Is LBP 2 better than LBP?

aturnis 12-06-2013 11:59 PM

Media Molecule's(creators of LBP) next venture, "Tearaway", looks very promising also. Not sure when it will release.

007 12-07-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10253200)
Thanks!

Is LBP 2 better than LBP?

According to my kids it is. They won't even touch LBP1 anymore.

htismaqe 12-07-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10253744)
Media Molecule's(creators of LBP) next venture, "Tearaway", looks very promising also. Not sure when it will release.

Is it a more adult-oriented game? I had read somewhere they were looking to do something different from LBP.

Mr. Plow 12-07-2013 03:21 PM

Thanks a ton everyone! Really appreciate it because I'm going to be out doing Christmas presents in the next week or so and want to pick up a couple games.

Sure-Oz 12-08-2013 04:12 AM

I just discovered Dragons Crown...a side scroller, pays homage to the old school and makes it a SHIT ton better. I would recommend, very fun as a multiplayer game on console and online

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/31...n-video-review

aturnis 12-08-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10254606)
Is it a more adult-oriented game? I had read somewhere they were looking to do something different from LBP.

Sorry. Apparently it is a Vita title only. It is a juvenile title, but really their games are so immersive, that anybody can be drawn in with ease. It's almost as though they are bearing Nintendo at their own game, Mario can't keep up in his old age.

Looks amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NK6_QvdxyXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 12-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10260468)
Sorry. Apparently it is a Vita title only. It is a juvenile title, but really their games are so immersive, that anybody can be drawn in with ease. It's almost as though they are bearing Nintendo at their own game, Mario can't keep up in his old age.

Looks amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NK6_QvdxyXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm gonna have to find it now. They're supposedly working on something "groundbreaking" and completely different.

RockChalk 12-09-2013 10:46 AM

Question (probably dumb) about owning multiple PS3's...

If I have one in my living room and one in a bedroom, can those be linked up together so that I'm just playing off a shared hard drive? Just wondering because of games like GTA or Madden and playing multiple stories/seasons. I'd obviously prefer to be able to play the same season/story on both PS3's, if possible

Mr. Plow 12-09-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10263124)

If I have one in my living room and one in a bedroom, can those be linked up together so that I'm just playing off a shared hard drive? Just wondering because of games like GTA or Madden and playing multiple stories/seasons. I'd obviously prefer to be able to play the same season/story on both PS3's, if possible

I would assume that there is some sort of cloud storage that you could use for game saves - but I could be wrong. I haven't touched my PS3 yet. My fingers are getting twitchy.

The Franchise 12-09-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10263124)

I may be wrong....but lately I've been getting a pop up before my game starts....asking me if I want to save my games to the cloud. I always say no (because I save my shit to an external HD).

TinyEvel 12-11-2013 10:02 PM

If you subscribe to PlayStation Plus it will save your games to the cloud, and you can access them from any PS3 by logging in with your PSN ID.

TinyEvel 12-11-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10252006)

Damn! five kids?!

Chiming in late, here, but Little big planet 1 is better for the younger ones,(6, 7) 2 for the older ones.

The community levels will give you an endless amount of levels to play. Imagine Youtube for platform gaming. Some of the community levels are kind of adult (Deadspace, House of the dead, etc)

but really 99.9 percent are great for all.

Journey and flower are rad.

There are a lot of PSN downloadable games you can get for them, too.

I believe I have a bunch of games I can send to you that my kids grew out of or I don't play any more. PM me your address.

:thumb:

007 12-11-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10270049)
Damn! five kids?!

Chiming in late, here, but Little big planet 1 is better for the younger ones,(6, 7) 2 for the older ones.

The community levels will give you an endless amount of levels to play. Imagine Youtube for platform gaming. Some of the community levels are kind of adult (Deadspace, House of the dead, etc)

I believe I have a bunch of games I can send to you that my kids grew out of or I don't play any more. PM me your address.

Ooooh, you are in for a treat Plow.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10270049)
Damn! five kids?!

Wow. I really don't know what to say. I really really appreciate it.

millz 12-12-2013 07:27 AM

No one says this at all but the Saints Row series is easily one of the best on PS3. Saints Row 2 alone could easily be regarded as a top 5 game for the console AND could possibly be better at GTA ( game play wise, clearly not graphics and map however the map is massive and feels like a REAL city, there's much more customization and you feel like you're working toward something because you can buy cribs and upgrade it, the missions are so much fun and the side missions are hours upon game play ) SR3 is also really good and cheap, SR4 came out recently and it has to be the best superhero game I've played in awhile, honestly.

millz 12-12-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10254613)
Thanks a ton everyone! Really appreciate it because I'm going to be out doing Christmas presents in the next week or so and want to pick up a couple games.

Make sure to pick up the Jak and Daxter collection or Ratchet and Clank for the kids, insanely cheap and really really good platformers.

Mr. Plow 12-12-2013 08:10 AM

It's been a rough couple weeks with this PS3 just sitting here in my office....staring me in the face and laughing because I can't play it.

The Franchise 12-12-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10270144)
Wow. I really don't know what to say. I really really appreciate it.

If your kid doesn't mind playing some older football games....let me know. I think I've got some older NCAA games that I don't play anymore.

Are your kids into Rockband?

Mr. Plow 12-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10270938)
If your kid doesn't mind playing some older football games....let me know. I think I've got some older NCAA games that I don't play anymore.

Are your kids into Rockband?

Mine have never played Rockband. As far as sports games go, if you have any decent ones you don't want anymore, shoot me a price for them. I've got 6-8 months to play 8 years worth of games.....and I couldn't be happier about it. lol

007 12-21-2013 12:52 AM

I thought Minecraft was never coming to the PS3? Shows on sale this week in the PSN store.

Sure-Oz 12-30-2013 09:18 PM

I've never really backed up my ps3? Is it worth it?

I don't have any online games or music etc loaded. I am mainly concerned with game saves. I've backed up as much as I can on my usb flash that is 4gb but some game saves are 'copyrighted' like The Walking Dead saves which i dont want to lose? Would using the backup utility work for this? If so, can a usb flash hold enough space? I see 32gb ones for sale, just curious

Gonzo 03-26-2014 11:57 PM

Just bought Minecraft for ps3 for shits and giggles, ('twas on sale).
If anyone wants to screw around on there and maybe teach me WTF it's all about, pm me.

Mr. Plow 03-27-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10519665)
Just bought Minecraft for ps3 for shits and giggles, ('twas on sale).
If anyone wants to screw around on there and maybe teach me WTF it's all about, pm me.

Caution, game is addictive. I started to play it with my kids on the 360 & after about 2 hours of playing I could see why we've been to Minecraft Bday parties & have Minecraft crap all around the house.

htismaqe 03-27-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10519761)
Caution, game is addictive. I started to play it with my kids on the 360 & after about 2 hours of playing I could see why we've been to Minecraft Bday parties & have Minecraft crap all around the house.

Dude, my kids have started doing schoolwork (history lessons, geometry, etc.) in Minecraft. It's unreal.

Mr. Plow 03-27-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10519890)
Dude, my kids have started doing schoolwork (history lessons, geometry, etc.) in Minecraft. It's unreal.

LMAO

I laugh because my kids have been as well. It's crazy how big & popular that game is.

Gonzo 03-27-2014 09:53 AM

You know, I was just lying around at home sick, nothing to do. Watched some videos on it and said, WTF I'll try it out.
It's just baffling how much shit you have to do. I have one bitch, the only way you can do the multiplayer is if someone on your friends list is playing. You can't just join a random game.

Mr. Plow 05-27-2014 12:42 PM

Finally snagged Uncharted 1 & 2 this weekend since I really didn't have anything going on. Not to far along on 1, but it's fun so far. With the treasure hunting & jumping/climbing/etc, it seems like a cross between Tomb Raider & Assassins Creed.

Quesadilla Joe 06-04-2014 07:56 AM

Guess Sony is allowing people to download Uncharted 3 right now for free.

*Edit* damn can't post the link, go to this thread on neogaf and follow the link there I guess...

neogaf .com/forum/showthread.php?t=830488

007 06-05-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10669605)
Guess Sony is allowing people to download Uncharted 3 right now for free.

*Edit* damn can't post the link, go to this thread on neogaf and follow the link there I guess...

neogaf .com/forum/showthread.php?t=830488

That was free for several months for PSN+ members.

Mother****erJones 06-07-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10653320)
Finally snagged Uncharted 1 & 2 this weekend since I really didn't have anything going on. Not to far along on 1, but it's fun so far. With the treasure hunting & jumping/climbing/etc, it seems like a cross between Tomb Raider & Assassins Creed.

Absolutely loved all the uncharteds. Super excited for 4 and Far Cry 4

Dunerdr 06-14-2014 05:57 PM

Anyone having trouble connecting the ps3 to ea?

TinyEvel 10-16-2014 10:52 AM

(per his Facebook page) Knile Davis's PSN ID is b00bie_knile

007 10-16-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11021174)
(per his Facebook page) Knile Davis's PSN ID is b00bie_knile

His PSN will blow up now. LMAO

RustShack 10-28-2014 12:41 AM

So Netflix made me download an update a week ago and now it's ****ed. It will work for a little bit then just start buffering and freeze at 25%

I've literally never had a problem playing anything before this update, my internet is great, and it works no problem on my iPad and phone.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling, same thing.

ragedogg69 11-19-2014 09:15 AM

Tons of PS3 games on sale at the Sony store:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...s_starting_at/