ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Need advice on cutting cable cost. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271843)

unlurking 02-07-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12067755)
I dropped cable and my $40 per month cable bill for NETWORK channels to go all antenna. Then I had to upgrade my internet to a $70 per month 700gb bandwidth limit. I'll have to go to $100 per month or more if I want unlimited bandwidth. thats with Cox.

On ATT, at least the last time I checked, they are still in the dark ages with a 250gb bandwidth limit regardless what you pay.

Outside Netflix I won't even consider these pay services until they offer netflix style settings. I'm tired of being forced to watch HD just because my network speed can handle it.

Should be complaining about you internet service data caps, not the content service providers.

Valiant 02-07-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12067212)
defeats the purpose of cable cutting then. You just replace your overpriced cable bill with an overpriced Internet bill.

I cannot imagine dealing with data caps. You all need to be fighting them in court with that as an area/state or go to your governor. Data is soo cheap, it is like text, it costs them fractions on the cent.

They make furniture stores cry on their profit margin on high speed internet.

ragedogg69 03-07-2016 11:51 AM

Welp, all of those who would never buy SlingTV because it is missing the fox channels, now can look at Playstation Vue. $40/month gets you both FS1, FS2, ESPN and Espn2 and all the national channels owned by VIacom, Turner, Fox and Disney. While more expensive than SlingTV, I think it has a better value since it has more channels and potentially locals. The only thing I can see it needing is an option for HBO Go, but HBO Now kinda solves that.

All in all, I was paying ~$90 for the equivelant package from DirecTV.

TambaBerry 03-07-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12117232)
Welp, all of those who would never buy SlingTV because it is missing the fox channels, now can look at Playstation Vue. $40/month gets you both FS1, FS2, ESPN and Espn2 and all the national channels owned by VIacom, Turner, Fox and Disney. While more expensive than SlingTV, I think it has a better value since it has more channels and potentially locals. The only thing I can see it needing is an option for HBO Go, but HBO Now kinda solves that.

This isn't in Kansas city

007 03-08-2016 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12117232)

Not available everywhere yet.

listopencil 03-08-2016 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12063153)
So BBC is pulling their shows off of Netflix and the rumor is they will start their own streaming service. Just like Viacom is doing with their CW shows. Lame.

Also, Hulu might be getting rid of next day streaming. They are ****ing up streaming for TV. No one is going to pay for 9 different streaming platforms. Everyone is going to go back to pirating. Why cant they follow the music model and each streaming service has pretty much the same catalog?

BBC broadcasts their shows on their website. To view them, the website must perceive that you live in the BBC broadcast area.

ragedogg69 04-15-2016 08:34 AM

So Sling now has multiple device streaming and FS1. However, in the most "only Sling would **** this up" way possible they have separated it from the base package. So you now have two base packages to choose from. Fox channels and multistreaming in one and ESPN in the other. That is reeruned.

eDave 04-21-2016 08:29 PM

Free HBO and Cinemax this weekend.

007 04-22-2016 06:30 AM

Can anyone confirm if sling or PlayStation vue are using fox sports kc yet

sedated 04-22-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12190892)
Can anyone confirm if sling or PlayStation vue are using fox sports kc yet

Sling is.

sedated 04-22-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12068111)
Should be complaining about you internet service data caps, not the content service providers.

I wasn't aware home internet service providers even had data caps anymore.

What's the purpose of blazing fast speeds, so you can reach your limit in 5 minutes?

lawrenceRaider 04-22-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12180092)
So Sling now has multiple device streaming and FS1. However, in the most "only Sling would **** this up" way possible they have separated it from the base package. So you now have two base packages to choose from. Fox channels and multistreaming in one and ESPN in the other. That is reeruned.

Thanks for posting this. I missed that they added the option. ESPN is nearly useless this time of year to me, so I'm good with missing it for the Fox channels for now.

unlurking 04-22-2016 11:56 AM

So they can charge you more?

lawrenceRaider 04-22-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12191210)
So they can charge you more?

ISP's make a killing off the data. It's super cheap and there is no reason outside profiteering to implement caps.

The Franchise 07-14-2016 11:53 AM

Ok....so I've got an Amazon Fire TV.....and I don't want to pay for Sunday Ticket this year. What do I need to know and what do I need to do?