ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227168)

Toadkiller 11-19-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7184229)
I need a hookup for this year's The Abyss... :tinfoil:

I still have a couple from 2007, 6 from 2008, last year it wasnt as good so only have a couple of those left. Plan on loading up on release day which according to the brewmaster will be nov. 30th. So nice to work a few blocks from the downtown brewery.

Saulbadguy 11-19-2010 04:16 PM

Southern Tier is bottling Chokolat today.

Currently enjoying a Smithwicks at Old Chicago.

Reaper16 11-19-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 7184235)
I still have a couple from 2007, 6 from 2008, last year it wasnt as good so only have a couple of those left. Plan on loading up on release day which according to the brewmaster will be nov. 30th. So nice to work a few blocks from the downtown brewery.

Yeah, last year's had the infamous infection. Some bottles turned out fine. Most didn't. All three of my 2009 bottles were of the infected variety, but I drank them before the infection got to be too bad. The tart fruit flavors were "interesting" then whereas now the beer would be undrinkable.

bevischief 11-19-2010 06:23 PM

Four Loko

Chiefs Rool 11-19-2010 07:17 PM

tonight I'm enjoying:

Spaten Optimator Dopplebock
Kona Fire Rock
Boddington's Pub Ale

Got me some nice variety! Gonna get drunk tonight

Reaper16 11-19-2010 07:22 PM

Had a moment of pure joy at the store. Nearly cried. Boulevard Smokestack Series 12oz.bottle 4-packs have arrived in Tuscaloosa! Picked up some Dark Truth Stout and lots of Tank 7.

irishjayhawk 11-20-2010 01:57 PM

I had BLVD's Nutcracker on tap. I'm surprised I like the brew (and have for a while) because of it's hoppiness. I don't like hops, much. IPAs and PAs are pretty much out of my range at the moment.

I also had O'Dell's Bourbon Barrel Stout. Originally, I tweeted it was sweeter than Goose Island's (assuming you haven't aged GI's). Actually, I don't think it was and when I got to the bottom of the glass I was impressed with the balance. I don't think it's as good as GI's but it's solid. I'm also wondering what it would be like if you aged O'Dell's. It's definitely going to be different than an aged GI.

Zebedee DuBois 11-20-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool (Post 7184608)
tonight I'm enjoying:

Spaten Optimator Dopplebock
Kona Fire Rock
Boddington's Pub Ale

Got me some nice variety! Gonna get drunk tonight

I've had the Optimator. I like the Ayinger Celebrator a little more, but the Optimator is pretty good.

I've had a Boddington quite a long time ago, and I remember that it had a very creamy luxurious feel to the brew...but the flavor was kinda ordinary - not bad, just kinda unremarkable.

Zebedee DuBois 11-20-2010 04:02 PM

Did a side by side with Lefthand Milkstout, Old Rasputin Stout, and Great Divide's Yeti Oak Aged Chocolate Stout. win win win.
There were chocolate notes in all three, but the Lefthand would be a milk chocolate, the Rasputin a dark chocolate, and the Yeti a bitter chocolate.

Reaper16 11-20-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7185658)
Did a side by side with Lefthand Milkstout, Old Rasputin Stout, and Great Divide's Yeti Oak Aged Chocolate Stout. win win win.
There were chocolate notes in all three, but the Lefthand would be a milk chocolate, the Rasputin a dark chocolate, and the Yeti a bitter chocolate.

I love stout season.

Dunit35 11-20-2010 04:29 PM

Found a 6 pk for reaper today. It's Oklahoma brewed beer. Think I told you about it a long time ago. It had an octoberfest, ipa spring beer and a winter lager. Unfortanetly Im worried about sending beer through the mail in oklahoma

Reaper16 11-20-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7185694)
Found a 6 pk for reaper today. It's Oklahoma brewed beer. Think I told you about it a long time ago. It had an octoberfest, ipa spring beer and a winter lager. Unfortanetly Im worried about sending beer through the mail in oklahoma

Never mail beer. It is a felony. If you want to ship beer you have to do it through FedEx or UPS. It's against company policy to do that, but you can't be criminally charged with anything for violating their policy.

KC native 11-20-2010 04:55 PM

Picked up Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale. I've had it before and I still love it. I was surprised to see it this early in Texas.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-20-2010 06:50 PM

Just picked up Tank 7 (4 pack bottles) for the first time. I'm excited.

Saulbadguy 11-20-2010 07:00 PM

Had a Blind Tiger (local brewpubs) Plymouth Rock Ale and a More Cowbell Cream Stout tonight. I'll down a sixes of Sam Adams Winter Lager tomorrow.