ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

Frazod 04-01-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7531580)
Yeah, and just to add to that, if you're buying any kind of an AR, you're going to have to find a local FFL you want it shipped to, regardless whether it says "FFL required" on the website or not.

Any kind of firearm at all that you buy online.

kepp 04-01-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7531575)
FFL is a licensed dealer (gun shop or individual) that receives the weapon from wherever you purchase it. You pick it up from him.

So I have to find a local gunshop and have the Stag Arms website ship to them?

Frazod 04-01-2011 02:32 PM

Bud's has an excellent FFL database - just type in your zip code.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ffl.php

They give you locations, ratings of the various FFLs and how much each one charges.

Frazod 04-01-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7531587)
So I have to find a local gunshop and have the Stag Arms website ship to them?

Not necessarily a gun shop. The guy I use is a retired cop who runs a small business out of his house.

LiveSteam 04-01-2011 02:34 PM

Stags are nice rifles. Its mill spec. Which is good. The ones I have shot, will eat cheap Russian steal cased ammo, with out any cycling probs. My Colt wont. It short strokes.
I think you will be happy with it.

kepp 04-01-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7531598)
Stags are nice rifles. Its mill spec. Which is good. The ones I have shot, will eat cheap Russian steal cased ammo, with out any cycling probs. My Colt wont. It short strokes.
I think you will be happy with it.

So the rail that's on that one...will it accept a grip? I see it has the notches on top for optics or whatever, but I'm going to want a grip also.

Frazod 04-01-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7531615)
So the rail that's on that one...will it accept a grip? I see it has the notches on top for optics or whatever, but I'm going to want a grip also.

I'm not sure. It's easy enough to get a replacement quad, though. I picked one up earlier in the week (just read down a few posts). The tool I need to install it will hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

Frazod 04-01-2011 03:21 PM

Well, my little AR upgrade just hit another snag - the tactical light I got is just a little bit too big to fit into the grip I bought for the express purpose of holding it. The good news - the light is definitely worth keeping as a small, very bright flashlight I can keep in the glovebox of my car. The bad news - I still need a goddamn light.

At least I can now take the grip and make sure the light will fit before I buy it.

:grr:

kepp 04-01-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7531626)
I'm not sure. It's easy enough to get a replacement quad, though. I picked one up earlier in the week (just read down a few posts). The tool I need to install it will hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

So it turns out that it comes with that top rail, but you can also add other accessories to the sides/bottom - bumpers, rails, etc.

Frazod 04-01-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7531691)
So it turns out that it comes with that top rail, but you can also add other accessories to the sides/bottom - bumpers, rails, etc.

Do some research - see what other people are saying on line about it. Try to find some youtube videos as well. There are also some very informed people who post on this thread that might own one as well.

Good luck.

LiveSteam 04-01-2011 06:50 PM

I can run a review for you over on THE HIGH ROAD gun site, if you like?
You can log in as a member or just watch the thread for a few days. Its an excellent place to ask any question you have.

http://www.thehighroad.org/

Frazod 04-01-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7531673)
Well, my little AR upgrade just hit another snag - the tactical light I got is just a little bit too big to fit into the grip I bought for the express purpose of holding it. The good news - the light is definitely worth keeping as a small, very bright flashlight I can keep in the glovebox of my car. The bad news - I still need a goddamn light.

At least I can now take the grip and make sure the light will fit before I buy it.

:grr:

I did find a light at the local gun shop. Paid more than I wanted, but what the hell - it's dealt with now.

LiveSteam 04-01-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7531978)
I did find a light at the local gun shop. Paid more than I wanted, but what the hell - it's dealt with now.

If you are happy with it. Then its money well spent.
Pics we need pics. :-)

Frazod 04-01-2011 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7531992)
If you are happy with it. Then its money well spent.
Pics we need pics. :-)

I don't have the quad on yet, but here is the grip with the light installed.

Bwana 04-01-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7532031)
I don't have the quad on yet, but here is the grip with the light installed.

Very nice! :thumb: