ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Buck 10-25-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8048423)
So what happens when someone that isn't reeruned decides to bomb the flag because they know someone is nearby recapping the flag? Were you playing against a bunch of 6 year olds?

It's not close enough to do damage. You are pretty protected. I'll try to get a screengrab of where I'm talking about. I've done this in 3 different servers so far. I mean, the point of the game is to capture the flags right? I don't know if you would consider it cheating or not, but it helps your team win.

Kraus 10-25-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8048315)
Well it is too late for me but after reading some reviews most don't like the Single Player campaign but love the Multiplayer. Works for me.

I could have told you that since it was announced.

Pants 10-25-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8048467)
It's not close enough to do damage. You are pretty protected. I'll try to get a screengrab of where I'm talking about. I've done this in 3 different servers so far. I mean, the point of the game is to capture the flags right? I don't know if you would consider it cheating or not, but it helps your team win.

Of course it's not cheating, you're doing your job. All these hiding places will be found eventually, it just takes a little a bit.

Buck 10-25-2011 02:40 PM

So in this picture, my back is closest to the U.S. deployment area. You want to be on the backside of that boulder that my gun is pointing at. Up there you are completely covered from people down at flag A.

In the last game I played I went against my rule of not shooting from up there because I didn't want to give away my position, but there were 3 n00bs just ****ing around standing down near A messing with each other so I couldn't cap it back. They were in for a surprise when I lit all 3 of them up with my SCAR-H.

http://i.imgur.com/29KRx.jpg

loochy 10-25-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8048563)
So in this picture, my back is closest to the U.S. deployment area. You want to be on the backside of that boulder that my gun is pointing at. Up there you are completely covered from people down at flag A.

In the last game I played I went against my rule of not shooting from up there because I didn't want to give away my position, but there were 3 n00bs just ****ing around standing down near A messing with each other so I couldn't cap it back. They were in for a surprise when I lit all 3 of them up with my SCAR-H.

http://i.imgur.com/29KRx.jpg

I guess I'm still used to a commander that can deploy the UAV or run a scan and find you

The Franchise 10-25-2011 02:58 PM

So for a guy who's never played a Battlefield game and has only played Black Ops.......is it worth picking up?

Buck 10-25-2011 02:59 PM

See I know nothing about that. I never played Battlefield before. I do know that I'm a few XP away from getting some kind of unmanned robot that can...

"A remotely controlled Explosive Ordinance Disposal robot allows the engineer to repair and damage vehicles like a normal repair tool, but can also arm and disarm explosives and MCOM stations in Rush. "

This game calls for a lot of camping I've noticed.

Buck 10-25-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8048627)
So for a guy who's never played a Battlefield game and has only played Black Ops.......is it worth picking up?

I can't tell you how the console experience is, but I got tired of COD, and this fits right up my alley.

WV 10-25-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8047159)
And a 1.5GB "HD Content Installation". Seriously, what the ****, lol.

It's a fast download, doesn't seem like 1.5gb at all.

Pants 10-25-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8048676)
It's a fast download, doesn't seem like 1.5gb at all.

I think it's an install from the disc and not a download. I was just kind of surprised... I've never seen shit like that before.

And as far as spotting people, you can still use UAVs but you have to actively press a button when your crosshair is on the enemy to spot him (it's the back button on 360, not sure what it is for PC... I think it was wheel click for BF2142).

Quesadilla Joe 10-25-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8048627)

I never played a BF game before until the beta and I hated it. It is like playing in a lobby full of Ghost campers but on maps 100 times as big as Array.

I would say rent it first but I don't even know if you can play Battlefield online without paying for an online pass.

The Franchise 10-25-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8048694)
I never played a BF game before until the beta and I hated it. It is like playing on a lobby full of Ghost campers but on maps 100 times as big as Array.

I would say rent it first but I don't even know if you can play Battlefield online without paying for an online pass.

Renting it would almost be impossible right now.....guarantee it. The Blockbuster where I live is still out of copies of ****ing Madden 12.

Pants 10-25-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8048698)
Renting it would almost be impossible right now.....guarantee it. The Blockbuster where I live is still out of copies of ****ing Madden 12.

Redbox?

The Franchise 10-25-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8048712)
Redbox?

None available.

The Franchise 10-25-2011 03:29 PM

I guess I'll just check Redbox.com every day until there is one available....and then I'll reserve it.