ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

aturnis 05-28-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643297)
Here is the deal. I had watched Orton a few times, but not enough to have a great opinion on him. When we signed him... I wasn't jumping for joy. And I did not expect much when he got the chance to start. Better than Palko? Yes. I did expect that much.

But even though I did not expect much, I was stunned at the things he could do that Cassel could not do.

Now you can defend your boy Cassel all you want. That is fine. I'm ready to move on. And I do not care if it is Quinn or Stanzi... and those are our only two options.

Don't care if it is Quinn. Don't care if it Stanzi. I just know I have seen enough of Cassel.

Can we win games with Cassel? Sure. But only if the running game is carrying him. I have posted the 3-16 stats many times these past few months. They are what they are. Only way we win with Cassel is running game first. Not that that is a bad plan... I just want another option if Plan A is not working. Plan B is 3-16, and that is not good enough for me.

Can Quinn or Stanzi improve upon that? I have no ****ing clue. Nor do you. But I for one am ready to find out.

Again. You act as though I am defending Cassel. I'm not. I'm pointing out that Orton is the same guy, + a deepball, and - 3rd down and redzone efficiency...

You're right, Orton could do things Cassel couldn't, throw the ball over 30 yds. Fact is, Cassel could punch the ball into the endzone and convert 3rd downs better. Which is better?

Orton is no better than the status quo, actually, worse. It'd take longer to rid the team of Orton than it will Cassel.

Messier 05-28-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643339)
Again. You act as though I am defending Cassel. I'm not. I'm pointing out that Orton is the same guy, + a deepball, and - 3rd down and redzone efficiency...

You're right, Orton could do things Cassel couldn't, throw the ball over 30 yds. Fact is, Cassel could punch the ball into the endzone and convert 3rd downs better. Which is better?

Orton is no better than the status quo, actually, worse. It'd take longer to rid the team of Orton than it will Cassel.

Agreed.

And as for Quinn and Stanzi, I too want to know what they are. I don't think Quinn is better than Cassel, Stanzi is an unknown. We won't see either unless Cassel is injured this year.

rico 05-28-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643346)
Agreed.

And as for Quinn and Stanzi, I too want to know what they are. I don't think Quinn is better than Cassel, Stanzi is an unknown. We won't see either unless Cassel is injured this year.

How much crappage do you think Cassel has to do in his pants before we see one of the two?

BossChief 05-28-2012 12:14 PM

Haha

I switch to nfln and they are playing the top 10 quarterback duels and that browns/lions game is #9.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-28-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643203)
they got him didnt they? LMAO

You're confusing a team that tried and failed with a team that laid down and waved the white flag. They were a flawed team that a prime Manning helped mask. Shit teams with shit QB's lose often in this league, but it doesn't mean they didn't try.

Messier 05-28-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8643349)
How much crappage do you think Cassel has to do in his pants before we see one of the two?

10,000 diapers full.

No, he might be on a short leash, if the team is losing and Cassel is throwing a couple picks a game, I think he'd get yanked.

But I don't see than happening. I think this season will be closer to 2010 for Cassel, unless Charles isn't healthy and things get really ugly with Bowe.

Coogs 05-28-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643339)

Many posts ago, this was posted...

Quote:

Replacing bums with other bums accomplishes nothing and can set you even further back.
I disagree and used Orton as an exapmle. Didn't say Orton was Aaron Rodgers... a QB by the way that Orton happened to beat in his first game as QB here. Cassel has not beat a winning team in all his time here.

And again... I love the running game. Cassel must have that to win. That is a given... with stats to back it up.

Now I am not sure if Quinn and Stanzi are both bums or not. Seen to many here say Stanzi couldn't even beat out Palko... therefore he is a bum. And I know Quinns track record as well. I am just not ready to classify him as a bum either... although he could be.

Bottom line is though that for me... I am not ready to classify either of those two as bums. Cassel... you will get no arguement from me on that issue.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8643361)
You're confusing a team that tried and failed with a team that laid down and waved the white flag. They were a flawed team that a prime Manning helped mask. Shit teams with shit QB's lose often in this league, but it doesn't mean they didn't try.

i bet the FO and management were glad they were flawed, i mean look at the prize they were awarded.

Messier 05-28-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643372)
i bet the FO and management were glad they were flawed, i mean look at the prize they were awarded.

Yep. They're gonna be bad this year too. They have what might be a franchise QB with very little around him, and most of the coaches and FO staff won't be here to enjoy if and or when Luck turns the team around. I'm sure they'd rather have gone to the playoffs last year than draft Luck.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643378)
Yep. They're gonna be bad this year too.

agreed. they'll be bad this year but what a guy to build a team around.

rico 05-28-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643368)
Many posts ago, this was posted...

I disagree and used Orton as an exapmle. Didn't say Orton was Aaron Rodgers... a QB by the way that Orton happened to beat in his first game as QB here. Cassel has not beat a winning team in all his time here.

And again... I love the running game. Cassel must have that to win. That is a given... with stats to back it up.

Now I am not sure if Quinn and Stanzi are both bums or not. Seen to many here say Stanzi couldn't even beat out Palko... therefore he is a bum. And I know Quinns track record as well. I am just not ready to classify him as a bum either... although he could be.

Bottom line is though that for me... I am not ready to classify either of those two as bums. Cassel... you will get no arguement from me on that issue.

And speaking of the run game and the Colts game....didn't Jackie Battle of all people end up tearing it up against the Colts last season?

Messier 05-28-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643382)
agreed. they'll be bad this year but what a guy to build a team around.

But like I said, the FO and coaches would have rather won last year.

Rausch 05-28-2012 12:37 PM

I think that Brady only has about a 20% chance of taking this job (even if Casshole is injured for 6+ weeks) but the thought of a legit NFL arm/build under center makes me want to buy that lottery ticket...

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643387)
But like I said, the FO and coaches would have rather won last year.

you're prolly right.
but if the prize wasn't so great yeah...with Luck tho, i'm not so sure.

Frankie 05-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8643394)
I think that Brady only has about a 20% chance of taking this job (even if Casshole is injured for 6+ weeks).

I'm afraid you are wrong. :(

Things look suspiciously like this:

Cassel = Pioli's prince

Quinn = Crennel's prince

Stanzi = Red headed bastard son whose only chance to play is if both Cassel and Quinn are injured in the same game.