ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

luv 03-20-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10504404)

I do.

Silock 03-20-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10504373)
Thanks. I always appreciate when people can tell me where I'm off or misinformed other than by just calling "bullshit".

Well, what you're off on is super minutia. It really doesn't matter too much. You're making progress and doing the right things, so stay the course!

Aspengc8 03-20-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10503986)
Most grains ruin me. Pasta or bread pretty much means immediate heartburn, indigestion and terrible poops.

White rice isn't an issue or oddly enough oats.

I do however chow down on all forms of potatoes and fruit so carbs are included in my weekly diet.

I'm the same way. I stick to ezekial bread, oats, any rice, any potatoes and fruit. My fav pre-workout meal has become eggs & cream of rice baby hot cereal with a tad of real maple syrup in it. :evil:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 10504221)
I'm trying to bulk up. I've been eating more and lifting solid for about a month and I believe im seeing results, but I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

What kinds of foods do you guys eat when bulking and how often? Ive heard carbs before and protein after your workout.

If your getting stronger, your doing it right. If your gaining weight, and NOT getting stronger, your doing it wrong. Don't get so caught up in 'eat this before, eat this after' crap, just eat good whole foods and supplement with a good multi, fish oil and protein powder if you have a hard time getting enough protein in. Use a online calc to find your TDEE, and eat around that level or slightly above it, every day. You will have to track your food for a week to get a ballpark of how many cals your taking in. From there out you can probably eyeball it.

What are your stats (height/weight), lifting routine, and what you've been eating and we can better help you out.

luv 03-20-2014 02:40 PM

Also, breathing. Yes, I'm still trying to get it down.

Squats - exhale when you're coming up?
Presses - exhale when you bring it down?

Or am I still backward?

Hammock Parties 03-20-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10504626)
Also, breathing. Yes, I'm still trying to get it down.

Squats - exhale when you're coming up?
Presses - exhale when you bring it down?

Or am I still backward?

Just ****ing breathe. Lifting isn't an exact science.

Silock 03-20-2014 02:46 PM

Exhale as you're using doing the hardest part of the exercise. So, you're right on squats, backward on presses. Think like a martial artist. They exhale when they punch, not when they pull their arm back.

But it's more important that you breathe than how you breathe.

ChiefsOne 03-20-2014 02:50 PM

luv, where are you working out at, not necessary the location, but gym, fitness center, CF or one of the new boxing or primal places?

luv 03-20-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10504649)
luv, where are you working out at, not necessary the location, but gym, fitness center, CF or one of the new boxing or primal places?

Gym

Hammock Parties 03-20-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10504669)
Gym

I hope it's not Planet Fitness.

luv 03-20-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10504638)
Just ****ing breathe. Lifting isn't an exact science.

You're going back on ignore. When I ask a questions, I want to pay attention to someone who will answer and actually knows what they're talking about.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10504672)
You're going back on ignore. When I ask a questions, I want to pay attention to someone who will answer and actually knows what they're talking about.

LMAO

You are awful bitchy today.

luv 03-20-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10504642)
Exhale as you're using doing the hardest part of the exercise. So, you're right on squats, backward on presses. Think like a martial artist. They exhale when they punch, not when they pull their arm back.

But it's more important that you breathe than how you breathe.

LOL, yeah. I've been known to have to be reminded of that when doing leg presses.

It kind of became a thing when I row. That story I told earlier about my first 1000m row... whenever I would pull back, my trainer was telling me to exhale. I thought I was doing the opposite. The next time I did some intervals, I paid attention, and it turns out I take short breaths at the start and end of each pull.

It's just kind of been a thing with me ever since. In doing whatever it is I'm doing, I want to get the most I can out an exercise, do it properly...and not pass out. :) I guess breathing matters a little more in my interval training.

KC native 03-20-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10504371)
****ing AC joint flaring up. Hurts to lift glass of water to drink. :(

Same shit here. I had just increased all my lifts and then this shit happens and haven't been able to lift for 2 weeks now.

jiveturkey 03-20-2014 03:45 PM

I learned the Valsalva maneuver early on with regards to breathing.

Squats - deep ass breath at the top of each rep and hold it until you get back up. Holding it helps to support your back and stiffens your torso.

Deadlifts - deep ass breath at the bottom and hold it until the bar hits the floor again.

ThaVirus 03-20-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10504670)
I hope it's not Planet Fitness.

Planet Fitness is just fine for n00bz and womenzes.