ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

teedubya 05-24-2010 12:20 PM

Well, if it was Jack's dream, he should have PIITB of Kate numerous times during the six seasons... cuz if it was MY dream, I'd of done it every episode.

Rausch 05-24-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6777107)
I think you've missed the point of the entire series:

This whole show, from beginning to end, was Jack's journey from being a Man of Science to becoming a Man of Faith. Once he was able to have faith, he was able to move on in death.

The rest of the characters and backstory were flesh out in the past 6 years to make it more "real" but in the end, it was all about Jack.

Also, staying away from "the light" was just a plot device. Jack wasn't ready to enter the light until he had successfully battled all of his demons and became a man of faith.

But again, you can believe whatever you choose to believe.

He was clearly the main character.

He was Luke Skywalker.

That doesn't make him the whole story...

Rausch 05-24-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 6777122)
Well, if it was Jack's dream, he should have PIITB of Kate numerous times during the six seasons... cuz if it was MY dream, I'd of done it every episode.

I know I did...

Jim Jones 05-24-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6777107)
I think you've missed the point of the entire series:

This whole show, from beginning to end, was Jack's journey from being a Man of Science to becoming a Man of Faith. Once he was able to have faith, he was able to move on in death.

The rest of the characters and backstory were flesh out in the past 6 years to make it more "real" but in the end, it was all about Jack.

Also, staying away from "the light" was just a plot device. Jack wasn't ready to enter the light until he had successfully battled all of his demons and became a man of faith.

But again, you can believe whatever you choose to believe.

No, the show was about everyone's journey. Jack was the star of the show, but it's an ensemble piece. Everyone had a journey. Example: Sayid was a bad person most of his life, but ultimately dies a hero, sacrificing himself to save everyone else on the sub. Pretty much everyone had a character arc and became a better person in the end. Once again, Jack's was the most centralized because he was the star of the show, but he wasn't the WHOLE show.

DaneMcCloud 05-24-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6777124)
He was clearly the main character.

He was Luke Skywalker.

That doesn't make him the whole story...

Exactly

Jim Jones 05-24-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6777111)
Actually, I think you're the type of person that needs a straight line explanation and are unable to think outside of the "box".

I'm happy for you but we'll just agree to disagree, okay?

I find it ironic that I'd be told I can't think outside the box when I'm following a show that involves people with magic powers, a mystical island and a light that controls the lives of everyone in the world. Yeah, I totally can't think outside the box.

The problem is, you're trying to think too far outside the box, and maybe the show has trained you this way. However, I think the writers warned against stuff like this in "Across the Sea" when Jacob tells Kate that the names in the cave were just "Lines of chalk on a wall" - after all the bickering and back-and-forth and analyzing screencaps that people did, that scene was basically them saying, "Look, half the shit you guys obsess over doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme. Stop reading between the lines on everything."

Rausch 05-24-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 6777140)

The problem is, you're trying to think too far outside the box, and maybe the show has trained you this way. However, I think the writers warned against stuff like this in "Across the Sea" when Jacob tells Kate that the names in the cave were just "Lines of chalk on a wall" - after all the bickering and back-and-forth and analyzing screencaps that people did, that scene was basically them saying, "Look, half the shit you guys obsess over doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme. Stop reading between the lines on everything."

I took it to mean "YOU are all making your own individual choices here, not me.

I'M not choosing $3it..."

teedubya 05-24-2010 12:28 PM

On the Jimmy Kimmell show, Matthew Fox mentioned that he figured that he knew what the final scene of him would be... since the series opened with him opening his eyes... the series would close with him closing his eyes.

Can't believe that I didn't think of that.

Rausch 05-24-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 6777155)
On the Jimmy Kimmell show, Matthew Fox mentioned that he figured that he knew what the final scene of him would be... since the series opened with him opening his eyes... the series would close with him closing his eyes.

Can't believe that I didn't think of that.

Life and death.

Chiefnj2 05-24-2010 12:32 PM

If it wasn't a "dream" then why did Jack have to die in the exact same spot as the beginning of the story?

KingPriest2 05-24-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6777132)
Exactly

First need to clarify this star wars was about Anakin from begining to end. Lucas even said so

I do agree it was all about Jack

But I asked this twice I think you are afraid to answer because you know your theory is wrong so I'm going to ask again

If Darlton said the island was real and everything that hsppened there really happened and mattered why not believe that? Darlton said every event that hsppened on the island was real it actually happened

Rausch 05-24-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 6777189)
First need to clarify this star wars was about Anakin from begining to end. Lucas even said so

Once he decided to make 3 more flicks and include Anakin as his main character.

And, not the right thread for this argument...

PhillyChiefFan 05-24-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 6777140)
I find it ironic that I'd be told I can't think outside the box when I'm following a show that involves people with magic powers, a mystical island and a light that controls the lives of everyone in the world. Yeah, I totally can't think outside the box.

I took it that way when Jacob told the group that they were just names on a wall, and that Kate's name could be put back up there if she wished.

I took that like the writers were saying stop overthinking it and just enjoy the ride. And it kind of worked on me, I really enjoyed the ending. It made sense and though all the questions weren't answered it fit.

KingPriest2 05-24-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6777202)
Once he decided to make 3 more flicks and include Anakin as his main character.

And, not the right thread for this argument...

It was always about Anakin I just had to clarify. Even from the initial stages when developing the story. Lucas said

also lots of star wars references in lost

Frazod 05-24-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 6777215)
It was always about Anakin I just had to clarify. Even from the initial stages when developing the story. Lucas said

also lots of star wars references in lost

I thought about that when Hurley said "I've got a bad feeling about this" last night. :D