ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

-King- 05-28-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643415)
I'm afraid you are wrong. :(

Things look suspiciously like this:

Cassel = Pioli's prince

Quinn = Crennel's prince

Stanzi = Red headed bastard son whose only chance to play is if both Cassel and Quinn are injured in the same game.

LMAO Where the **** are you guys getting this type of shit from? People here are delusional when it comes to our QBs.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643426)
LMAO Where the **** are you guys getting this type of shit from? People here are delusional when it comes to our QBs.

when our team has three QB's it really means we have no QB's.

QB or Not QB

i'm so confused.

-King- 05-28-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643325)
Matter of the fact is, I am a bit of an old schooler. While I like the passing game... I would much prefer to watch Charles run for 200 yards. That's my kind of football.

I just want a QB who can bail us out when that doesn't happen. And I am thinking that either Quinn or Stanzi can win games too... when Charles goes off for 200. That not a skill set that Cassel is the only QB in the NFL can win with.

It's who can provide us with plan B when plan A isn't working. And we all know that isn't Cassel.

And we know it isn't Quinn either and likely won't be Stanzi.

Why can't people understand that we likely have 3 average to below average quarterbacks? Quinn has proven that he sucks. And Stanzi hasn't proven anything. He could show something later this off season, but counting on that is like counting on winning the lottery.

Rausch 05-28-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643432)
Why can't people understand that we likely have 3 average to below average quarterbacks?

Because we don't know that.

All we do know is that we're riding the next Bono/Girlbac/Kreig disaster train that the FO seems happy to see play out...

-King- 05-28-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8643436)
Because we don't know that.

All we do know is that we're riding the next Bono/Girlbac/Kreig disaster train that the FO seems happy to see play out...

Key word = "Likely"

There is a 5% chance Stanzi even becomes an average starting QB. Less than a 1% chance he becomes anything special.

So yeah, I'm right. We likely have 3 average to below average Qbs.

Rausch 05-28-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643437)
Key word = "Likely"

There is a 5% chance Stanzi even becomes an average starting QB. Less than a 1% chance he becomes anything special.

No, you're wrong.

-King- 05-28-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8643441)
No, you're wrong.

How am I wrong? What are the chances of a 5th round QB winning a superbowl?

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643437)
Key word = "Likely"

no offense but you need to get off that numbers trip man.

stats sometimes lie.

-King- 05-28-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643464)
no offense but you need to get off that numbers trip man.

stats sometimes lie.

Sigh.

There's a reason 5th round QBs are 5th round QBs. Expecting any 5th round QB to pan out is insane.

Rausch 05-28-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643453)
How am I wrong? What are the chances of a 5th round QB winning a superbowl?

What are the chances of a 1st round QB winning a SB?...

Chief3188 05-28-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643012)
i've been a KC Chief fan since 89, we've had some bad QB's throughout that period but i swear i dont think i ever recall as many three and outs as what Cassel has been able to post in three seasons.

Agreed. The only Chiefs QB he reminds me of ( Not by certain talents ) is Bono. Neither of those guys could carry a team and both had a mirage of a season due to a great rushing game, decent defense and an easy schedule. Heck I think Bono even snuck in the pro bowl as an alternate like Cassel did after his 1995 season.

-King- 05-28-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8643483)
What are the chances of a 1st round QB winning a SB?...

Of all the superbowls since 1980, all but 13 quarterbacks have been 1st rounders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6487425)
96.7%

349 QB's drafted in the 2nd round or later since 1980.

12 have started a Super Bowl:

Esiason
Hostetler
Rypien
Gannon
Chandler
Humphries
O'Donnell
Favre
Brady
Hasselbeck
Warner
Brees

EDIT: As I see Joe Montana added to the discussion, I'll add the 1979 draft class.

That takes the total number of QB's drafted in the 2nd round or later to 361, and the total number of those QB's to start a SB to 13.

96.4% failure rate.

Chief3188 05-28-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643472)
Sigh.

There's a reason 5th round QBs are 5th round QBs. Expecting any 5th round QB to pan out is insane.

I guess expecting a 5th round QB to pan out is insane but it does not mean you should not give him a chance unless he looks like a complete bum. I am in favor of drafting someone else and letting him and Stanzi battle it out or even giving Stanzi a shot this season as I can't imagine him doing worse than Cassels 120 yard games with 56% completion percentage and maybe a TD and a pick.

The worst thing about having to watch Cassel for another season is that our team is set up on both sides of the ball to accommodate a young QB and still be competitive.

We were 4-5 with Cassel last season and 3-4 without him. I think we can get by with just about anyone outside of Palko but I am tired of just getting by. If Stanzi is not ready for a chance ( Maybe he never will be although this is his first offseason ) then I would rather even give Brady Quinn a shot over Cassel. I know what Cassel brings and I don't want that brought anymore.

Chief3188 05-28-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643063)
And possibly create an alternative to Matty? No way. ;)

I know you are joking but there are some who think that way and I don't get it.

If Stanzi succeeds that is still Pioli's pick and he will get the credit. It's not like if Stanzi becomes a pro bowl QB that when people see Pioli they will say hey there is that useless turd who gave up a 2nd round pick and a mega deal to Matt Cassel. I imagine they would say there is that lucky bastard who got a good QB in the 5th round and turned the Chiefs around.

Rausch 05-28-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643494)
Of all the superbowls since 1980, all but 13 quarterbacks have been 1st rounders.

Smile then.

We have a 1st rounder on roster as well as a low round developmental guy...