ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2014 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282559)

The Franchise 04-07-2014 06:06 PM

I've got Maverick's pick. PM me when his pick is up.

O.city 04-07-2014 06:34 PM

Sweet.

Cardinals really need a qb to be a successor to Palmer. Value matches here as we feel se a perfect fit for out offense.

Cardinals select Zach Mettenberger, QB LSU

BossChief 04-07-2014 06:39 PM

You watched path to the draft today, didnt you?

O.city 04-07-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10546480)
You watched path to the draft today, didnt you?

No, actually didn't. I was swamped today.

What happened?

RealSNR 04-07-2014 06:55 PM

All of the other free safeties in the draft are dogshit compared to this guy and the others who were taken before him, so I'm not going to wait around. I'm almost positive he'll be gone before the Packers pick next.

The Packers need a FS with excellent coverage skills and who excels at playing anywhere... down in the box, deep single coverage, up in the slot, or anything in between. The rough spots he has as a player can be easily coached up.

I like Micah Hyde and all, but not as my starting FS. Sorry, Micah.

The Green Bay Packers select Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State

O.city 04-07-2014 06:56 PM

Is there any way brooks lasts to the third for the chiefs?

And sorry SNR, forgot to pm you

RealSNR 04-07-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10546547)
Is there any way brooks lasts to the third for the chiefs?

And sorry SNR, forgot to pm you

Tough to say. With two free safeties coming off the board in the first, there's no way of telling when the next guy will go. It's a position of rising importance in the NFL, and Brooks went everywhere from the 5th round in mocks from February and before to as high as the Bills' pick in the 2nd round in a mock I saw two weeks ago.

I probably took him earlier than he will likely go in early May, but there are a lot of picks between that point and when the Chiefs pick in the 3rd.

I would guess that no, he won't be there when the Chiefs pick in the 3rd. But then again I'm pretty high on Brooks. I think he'll be a very good starting safety in the NFL.

The Franchise 04-07-2014 07:12 PM

Maverick PMd me his Eagle's pick.

The Philadelphia Eagles select Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska

RealSNR 04-07-2014 07:21 PM

I also can't wait for OldSchool to tell me about how I could have picked Dontae Johnson, Kenny Ladler, or Marqueston Huff later in the draft for better value LMAO

The Packers have kind of gotten a little bit snakebit by seeing both of the top FS prospects get taken before their pick in the first, and even by having Fiedorowicz get taken as early as he did so that the rest of the draft presents them with not a lot to choose from at the TE position. They need a reliable and balanced blocker for Aaron Rodgers to throw to, and the rest of the guys either have one quality (receiving) but not the other (good blocking skills) or they're ultra raw. Or they're defective sociopaths who got kicked out of good football programs.

I like what I've drafted for them in spite of those circumstances. An excellent NT anchor and a starting FS fits into their longterm plans for defensive personnel pretty nicely.

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 07:25 PM

Ok I have my pick and because of last picks I'm gonna pull the trigger

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 07:28 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals select

QB AJ McCarron Alabama

After constant loses in playoffs bengals aren't sure bout Dalton's long term success and are dragging on contract negotiations. 36-4 in college and coming up big in a couple of games in his career. Leadership is one thing combines can't measure and he is a leader. It was a decision that I went back and forth on. The positions I'm weak on are still gonna be in next couple of rounds not sure a qb Macaron's ability will be I took a gamble but could be worth it.

RealSNR 04-07-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 10546676)
Ok I have my pick and because of last picks I'm gonna pull the trigger

Dude, don't kill yourself. It's not worth it!

The Franchise 04-07-2014 07:31 PM

There it is. The chiefscafan "QB in the 2nd when you already have a decently aged QB" pick.

RealSNR 04-07-2014 07:32 PM

Are neither of you that high on Garoppolo? I have him ranked as a better QB than both Mettenberger and McCarron. I even debated briefly in my mind if I should take him over Derek Carr.

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 07:37 PM

Hey it's cool I'm the bengals they usually take chances I obviously see more in him than others.