ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Winston mad at the Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264770)

tk13 10-07-2012 11:47 PM

If you thought we were getting killed on Twitter before I made that post, you should see it now.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 11:47 PM

Winston needs to speak up.

That mother****er has created a shitstorm.

NJChiefsFan 10-07-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990948)
We'll see. I hate to think it, but it may be that Winston is already carrying water for him. I certainly wouldn't underestimate the guy ... I'm reminded of some of the comments that Babb made regarding Pioli's personality and image consciousness.

Nevertheless, the fact of the matter is that Mr. tk13 is right about the bad press. It is ... there's no doubt about that ... regardless of what we may believe ... or would like to believe.

The question is, what can be done about it? And if the answer is, "nothing", we can only hope that this is a 24 hour story and we can soon get back to the business at hand which, to my mind, is getting rid of Pioli once and for all.

FAX

You can do a little as you suggested in an earlier post. This story is going to fade. It happens. Fan bases do things and people forget. Hell, there are already people defending the fans in the media. I highly doubt the Chiefs front office doesn't make a comment saying that the fan base is a great group of fans. One year from today, this isn't going to be an issue among us, let alone non-chiefs fans.

I already had a close friend who isn't afraid to call me out(and I really respect) say that he thought Dilfer's comments were not only a joke but offended him too.

tk13 10-07-2012 11:49 PM

Eric Winston is currently trending across the United States on Twitter. Pretty impressive.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_in_Commander (Post 8990955)
Everyone talking about Dilfer being mis-informed...He's on twitter and i'm blowing him up right now, if you want people to know then tell them @TDESPN

Link?

NJChiefsFan 10-07-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8990965)
Eric Winston is currently trending across the United States on Twitter. Pretty impressive.

Something else will be trending soon after. Three weeks from now half the people tweeting this won't remember who Eric Winston is.

tk13 10-07-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8990970)
Something else will be trending soon after. Three weeks from now half the people tweeting this won't remember who Eric Winston is.

You are right. Still, I'm impressed. I never thought when he made those comments they'd get much attention outside of KC. It's still not a good thing.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 11:53 PM

Its on ****ing Yahoo, now.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--fa...-got-hurt.html

Well done, Winston, you bitch.

Chief_in_Commander 10-07-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8990969)
Link?

what do ya mean? if you have a twitter account I just told you his handle just go tweet @TDESPN

NJChiefsFan 10-07-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8990975)
You are right. Still, I'm impressed. I never thought when he made those comments they'd get much attention outside of KC. It's still not a good thing.

Look at what we did with the banner. Not to mention that the media loves a sound bite on Sunday night after the games. I watched the ESPN segment and I am pretty sure they are done with it save for more happening tomorrow which is highly unlikely.

tk13 10-07-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

CSNNE.com ‏@CSNNE
#PatriotsTalk Ty Law (who used to play on the Chiefs) calls Chiefs fans "rude, disrespectful" for cheering Cassel injury:...

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_in_Commander (Post 8990979)
what do ya mean? if you have a twitter account I just told you his handle just go tweet @TDESPN

I don't do twitter

tk13 10-07-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8990980)
Look at what we did with the banner. Not to mention that the media loves a sound bite on Sunday night after the games. I watched the ESPN segment and I am pretty sure they are done with it save for more happening tomorrow which is highly unlikely.

We'll see... I'd guess it'll come up on one of their afternoon talk shows where the sports writers sit around and yap about stuff. Especially now that it's become a story and it's easy pickings.

FAX 10-07-2012 11:57 PM

Ty Law .. another Pioli homeboy.

Shall we keep score?

FAX

Frazod 10-07-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990984)
Ty Law .. another Pioli homeboy.

Shall we keep score?

FAX

It's like Mouseketeer roll-call, isn't it? Well, **** him, too.