ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2014 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282559)

RealSNR 04-07-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 10546714)
Hey it's cool I'm the bengals they usually take chances I obviously see more in him than others.

If you guys are into taking chances, you should seriously consider taking chances on a new head coach.

I'm blown away by the fact that Marvin Lewis still has a head coaching job in this league.

The Franchise 04-07-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10546702)
Are neither of you that high on Garoppolo? I have him ranked as a better QB than both Mettenberger and McCarron. I even debated briefly in my mind if I should take him over Derek Carr.

If I had drafted Clowney in the 1st and Carr was gone by my pick in the 2nd....I would've drafted Garoppolo.

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 07:43 PM

Yeah SNR I'm curious how Lewis keeps his job too. Bengals have two extra sixths a lot of talent has fallen in this draft I think there will be great value in third and fourth round not too worried.

O.city 04-07-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10546702)
Are neither of you that high on Garoppolo? I have him ranked as a better QB than both Mettenberger and McCarron. I even debated briefly in my mind if I should take him over Derek Carr.

I think mett is potentially the overall best qb in this draft, when combined with a great qb coach and system, I think he's great.

I don't care much for gropapopo or whatever

O.city 04-07-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10546717)
If you guys are into taking chances, you should seriously consider taking chances on a new head coach.

I'm blown away by the fact that Marvin Lewis still has a head coaching job in this league.

He's actually done a great job cultivating the talent on that roster.

Honestly, if Atkins comes back healthy, with good Dalton showing up (yikes don't think it will happen) that could be the afc version of Seattle.

DaKCMan AP 04-07-2014 08:21 PM

The 49ers select Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Sfeihc 04-07-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10546890)
The 49ers select Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Did you pm Rams Fan? Just asking because he pm'ed me his pick this AM in case the Chargers pick came up during the work day.

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 08:42 PM

Go ahead and post it if he gave it to you I'm ready with my saints pick

Sfeihc 04-07-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 10547022)
Go ahead and post it if he gave it to you I'm ready with my saints pick

It was time sensitive. He wanted me to post it only in the event of it coming up during a certain time of day.

chiefscafan 04-07-2014 09:04 PM

Ok no probs

TambaBerry 04-07-2014 09:08 PM

Probably be until tomorrow night now

DaKCMan AP 04-07-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10546914)
Did you pm Rams Fan? Just asking because he pm'ed me his pick this AM in case the Chargers pick came up during the work day.

Yes.

Sfeihc 04-07-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10547240)
Yes.

Thank you, kind sir.:clap:

Direckshun 04-07-2014 09:26 PM

SNR teabags full jars of expensive jellies because "it feels like something Putin would do."

OldSchool 04-07-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10546660)
I also can't wait for OldSchool to tell me about how I could have picked Dontae Johnson, Kenny Ladler, or Marqueston Huff later in the draft for better value LMAO

The Packers have kind of gotten a little bit snakebit by seeing both of the top FS prospects get taken before their pick in the first, and even by having Fiedorowicz get taken as early as he did so that the rest of the draft presents them with not a lot to choose from at the TE position. They need a reliable and balanced blocker for Aaron Rodgers to throw to, and the rest of the guys either have one quality (receiving) but not the other (good blocking skills) or they're ultra raw. Or they're defective sociopaths who got kicked out of good football programs.

I like what I've drafted for them in spite of those circumstances. An excellent NT anchor and a starting FS fits into their longterm plans for defensive personnel pretty nicely.

Eh, not really. I have Brooks rated pretty high too, just not ahead of some of the guys who are still available; he shows a lot of versatility in what he can do. Range to play single high, fluidity and quickness to drop down into the slot, and showed the ability to diagnose, beat the block, and attack the RB on outside runs.

I'm just a bit surprised that someone took him ahead of, just from his own team, Lamarcus Joyner or Telvin Smith who are both more pro-ready prospects. Joyner, like Mayock has said, reminds me a lot of the Honey Badger, his instincts and tenacity more than make up for his lack of elite measurables. I can see why people would rate Brooks over him as a pro prospect though, and that's all because of the size difference, not the actual result on the field.

As for Smith, he doesn't want to move to safety but I think he'd be wonderful in the box safety role which would be fine for the Packers because they already have their FS in Burnett.

IMO, Brooks just isn't a plug and play guy right now. You'd been better of with Deone Buccanon as well. I think Buccanon is a much more pro-ready prospect and he'll go higher than Brooks in the actual draft.