ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Mr. Plow 11-24-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6291970)
Anyone want to play tonight?

I should.....well hopefully.....will be on later tonight. Assuming the wife doesn't go for the balls if I go for the controller.

Buck 11-24-2009 07:41 PM

I'll be on later tonight.

AndChiefs 11-24-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6291920)
Nobody can have a 5 KDR on a console unless they snipe only and hide somewhere where nobody can find them.

Thats ridiculous.

He doesn't snipe and hide either. He has a really nice tv with great headphones to hear people coming, And frankly never misses. I really don't know how he does it though.

He primarily uses three burst type guns.

Kraus 11-24-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6292052)
I should.....well hopefully.....will be on later tonight. Assuming the wife doesn't go for the balls if I go for the controller.

Same here. Hopefully you guys will be on a little later... I get off work at 11 p.m.

Fishpicker 11-25-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6292045)
With the one I shot, it essentially hit the AC130 from above. It shot into the air and hit it from the top and the flares never came out - maybe because I was back far enough from the AC130, I don't know, but it worked....one shot, one kill. Funny as shit listening to him after the game crying about it.

the flares deploy automatically so long as the missile or person shooting it are in view of the AC130's thermal camera. if you have cold blooded or shoot from the backside, you can hit the AC130.

Pants 11-25-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6291920)
Nobody can have a 5 KDR on a console unless they snipe only and hide somewhere where nobody can find them.

Thats ridiculous.

There's a dude on the leadearboards with a 95.55 KDR, dudes with killstreaks in 800's, I have no idea how that's even possible. I'm sitting at something like 4600 kills and got the game at midnight, 1st night. I have no idea how someone can have 40,000 already. Some people are just on a different level, I guess.

Pants 11-25-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6291836)
Again, yes and no. If I could only be paired up with players of an equal rank I would at least have somewhat more of a chance of competing. When I am constantly getting thrown up against level 40s and above it just kills any enjoyment. Nothing like running for 10 seconds and getting killed. Nah. CoD4 killed online gaming for me.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand, I enjoy the coop games online.

Those high ranks don't mean shit, though, it just means someone has been playing more than you. That 40 could be going 10-20 on every map. They probably know the maps better, but it doesn't mean they can play the game better than you.

Pablo 11-25-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6292871)
There's a dude on the leadearboards with a 95.55 KDR, dudes with killstreaks in 800's, I have no idea how that's even possible. I'm sitting at something like 4600 kills and got the game at midnight, 1st night. I have no idea how someone can have 40,000 already. Some people are just on a different level, I guess.

Nah, it's just douche-bag clans getting together and playing against each other and boosting. If somebody has a KD north of 5, it's probably a bullshit KD honestly. If you're sitting above 1.5 on this game, you're pretty goddamn good and if you're north of 2 you're outright badass; but any more than that and it's suspect IMO.

Skyy God 11-25-2009 09:28 AM

I've finally figured out a layout that works with my style of play on most maps. UMP or MP5, Scavenger, Lightweight, and Ninja. Hallelujah.

Pants 11-25-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 6292889)
Nah, it's just douche-bag clans getting together and playing against each other and boosting. If somebody has a KD north of 5, it's probably a bullshit KD honestly. If you're sitting above 1.5 on this game, you're pretty goddamn good and if you're north of 2 you're outright badass; but any more than that and it's suspect IMO.

Makes sense.

Mr. Plow 11-25-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6292896)
I've finally figured out a layout that works with my style of play on most maps. UMP or MP5, Scavenger, Lightweight, and Ninja. Hallelujah.

Try the M4A1 too - that shit is bad ass.

Mr. Plow 11-25-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 6292889)

Exactly. I'm sure there are a few legitimate 3+ k/d ratio - but the majority of them are boosting. Which is why I don't really pay attention to the leaderboards.

Mr. Plow 11-25-2009 09:55 AM

Oh yeah....had my nuke cherry popped last night lol. I've already got 30ish hours in the game, never seen a nuke - then I nearly saw 2 in 3 games yesterday.

1st one was on the airport level. His team had a total of 43 kills (to our 41) and he had 25 of them.

2nd one....I believe was on the quarry level. ****ing guy CAMPED to get to 23 kills. Literally hid in a corner behind a barrel in a random warehouse and just waited for us to come by. Luckily, my entire team noticed he was at 23 kills and all 6 of us went in 1 door throwing 2 flashbangs each. ****ing piece of shit didn't know what hit him lol.

Pants 11-25-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6292974)
Oh yeah....had my nuke cherry popped last night lol. I've already got 30ish hours in the game, never seen a nuke - then I nearly saw 2 in 3 games yesterday.

1st one was on the airport level. His team had a total of 43 kills (to our 41) and he had 25 of them.

2nd one....I believe was on the quarry level. ****ing guy CAMPED to get to 23 kills. Literally hid in a corner behind a barrel in a random warehouse and just waited for us to come by. Luckily, my entire team noticed he was at 23 kills and all 6 of us went in 1 door throwing 2 flashbangs each. ****ing piece of shit didn't know what hit him lol.

Been playing for over 48 hours and haven't seen one yet. I hear dudes bragging how they're going to get it on THAT map and failing miserably. I've come close to getting one, but I don't have it equiped. I might drop the care package out of the equation and go for 9-11-25 and hope that the helicopter gunner can take me from 11 to 25, lol.

Skyy God 11-25-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6292939)
Try the M4A1 too - that shit is bad ass.

That's my gun of choice on Afghan and similar maps.