ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

chiefzilla1501 10-22-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041309)
That's nice of you to point out but clearly, Ben Rothlisberger, you know, the QB, disagrees.

Big Ben operated in a dream offense under Arians. It was a freelancing offense. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted. That's a good offense to run when you're 28 years old. But Big Ben hasn't played a full season in 4 years and he's been banged up.

I'm sorry, but Big Ben has to change the way he plays. He can't be 30+ taking 50 sacks a year, playing games with a "Questionable" on the injury report every week. Vick had to change. Steve Young had to change. McNabb had to change. I don't expect Ben to like it. The question is can he live with it once the offense starts clicking, and they get their starters back?

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9041327)
So, are the Rooney's "out to get ben" hiring Haley to make him go away ??? LMAO

Your statement, much like your other statements, doesn't make any sense.

But thanks for admitting you were wrong about Arians. You're such a big man.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9041330)
Big Ben operated in a dream offense under Arians. It was a freelancing offense. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted. That's a good offense to run when you're 28 years old. But Big Ben hasn't played a full season in 4 years and he's been banged up.

I'm sorry, but Big Ben has to change the way he plays. He can't be 30+ taking 50 sacks a year, playing games with a "Questionable" on the injury report every week. Vick had to change. Steve Young had to change. McNabb had to change. I don't expect Ben to like it. The question is can he live with it once the offense starts clicking, and they get their starters back?

Thanks, Coach.

Can you elaborate a little more about the fine job that Crennel and Pioli have done this season? Thanks.

keg in kc 10-22-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041319)
That was directed at no one, just an observation.

People around here HATED Herm with a passion. Some people stated they were "proud" when he was fired and Haley hired. Yet, Haley was a worse game day coach than Herm.

The bottom line is that Haley sucked ass as a head coach and he's being called out by his two-time Super Bowl winning QB, yet people here defend him.

It's ****ing hilarious.

All people can think about right now is Pioli.

kcxiv 10-22-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9041330)

Yep, i agree with this. Ben was getting killed the last 4 years, was he doing some good things? absolutely, but the human body cannot continue to take a beating the way he did in his wild style offense. Hell, my body cant even take dairy anymore and it pisses me off. haha point being, you gotta change sometimes, even if you dont like it. He's more then capable of change. He's a damned good qb.

chiefzilla1501 10-22-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041319)
That was directed at no one, just an observation.

People around here HATED Herm with a passion. Some people stated they were "proud" when he was fired and Haley hired. Yet, Haley was a worse game day coach than Herm.

The bottom line is that Haley sucked ass as a head coach and he's being called out by his two-time Super Bowl winning QB, yet people here defend him.

It's ****ing hilarious.

I know. I got drilled for being the only guy on this board defending Herm. I defended Herm because even though I hated his game day coaching, I appreciated that he stood up to a tyrant of a GM dictating the wrong strategy. Same reason I support Haley.

I don't know if Haley is a good coach. Don't think anyone is calling him a great head coach or an offensive guru. Just want to know how he would have done if the GM let him at least coach, and didn't cripple him with a QB everybody knew was garbage.

BossChief 10-22-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041309)
That's nice of you to point out but clearly, Ben Rothlisberger, you know, the QB, disagrees.

This really isn't up for debate when the QB is publicly calling out the OC.

Kurt Warner did the same thing before he gave in and went with what HALEY wanted to do on offense...in fact Warner actually got in TWO shouting matches with Todd early in 2007.

You didn't see Warner or Boldin arguing with Ken Wisenhunt about HIS offense, did you?

Now, Kurt praises Todd for the way he coaches players hard and is unpredictable in his playcalling....he credits that unpredictability with the teams emergence to the superbowl.

If you want proof, youtube his interviews prior to the 2008-2009 pro bowl where he and Larry asked Todd to join them because of how much they respected his contribution to their ascendance.

chiefzilla1501 10-22-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9041336)
Thanks, Coach.

Can you elaborate a little more about the fine job that Crennel and Pioli have done this season? Thanks.

Yes, I can. I was one of the biggest critics of the Romeo hire.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9041341)
I don't know if Haley is a good coach. Don't think anyone is calling him a great head coach or an offensive guru. Just want to know how he would have done if the GM let him at least coach, and didn't cripple him with a QB everybody knew was garbage.

His two-time Super Bowl QB is calling him out after six games and called him out before the season. If Haley doesn't produce in Pittsburgh by the end of the year, he's a goner.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9041343)
Kurt Warner did the same thing before he gave in and went with what HALEY wanted to do on offense...in fact Warner actually got in TWO shouting matches with Todd early in 2007.

You didn't see Warner or Boldin arguing with Ken Wisenhunt about HIS offense, did you?

Now, Kurt praises Todd for the way he coaches players hard and is unpredictable in his playcalling....he credits that unpredictability with the teams emergence to the superbowl.

If you want proof, youtube his interviews prior to the 2008-2009 pro bowl where he and Larry asked Todd to join them because of how much they respected his contribution to their ascendance.

I cannot STAND Haley apologists. ****ing HATE them.

Haley is a ****ing BOZO until proven otherwise. He completely FAILED in Kansas City and his new two time winning Super Bowl QB is calling him out after six games.

What will it take for you people to see that he's a ****ing FRAUD?

-King- 10-22-2012 10:26 PM

I'm sorry, but this just happens too ****ing often to leave alone. It's become like a game to me LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9004188)
This game is just more proof that Haley will be getting another head coaching gig soon

Dude contradicts himself so ****ing much.

BossChief 10-22-2012 10:27 PM

Todd Haley wanted nothing to do with Matt Cassel and pushed Pioli to sign Matt Hasselback.

Who knows, maybe Haley could have turned Hasselback into his next Kurt Warner.

Kurt Warner was 3-12 as a starter of the Cardinals before Todd Haley got there.

okcchief 10-22-2012 10:28 PM

Haley was a horrible head coach. I'm not sure why that would even be argued.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-22-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9041354)
Todd Haley wanted nothing to do with Matt Cassel and pushed Pioli to sign Matt Hasselback.

Facts mean nothing to him. He just has pure hate for Haley.

-King- 10-22-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9041354)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G-HuyiojS5...Cosby+copy.jpg