ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Bo's Pelini didn't do it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262640)

Canofbier 08-22-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8842801)
Report it to the mods, what is the point of posting it to all CP?

IF YOU DO THIS THEN YOU'RE A ****ING RAT. At least let us siphon some amusement from the whole thing!

Raiderhater 08-22-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8842747)
This thread has become incredibly boring. Who gives half a shit about the sanctity of PMs? Someone post something saucy, please.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/img/p...a_sauce_lg.jpg

Backwards Masking 08-22-2012 07:12 PM

since this seems to be a thread about petty shit...

SPChief gave me infraction for filter evasion (without any warning), than didn't apologize for it or justify it in any way except with "don't like it, don't post here". i just wanted to point out what a pussy ass, tattle telling, run to mommy BITCH that SPChief really is. only a ****ing pussy would EVER write someone up for something so stupid as filter evasion without a friendly warning.

what a total pussy he is

Raiderhater 08-22-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8842736)
Remember the days when we used to flood Caudle's PM box? Ah, good times.

LOL! I had forgotten all about that.

BigRedChief 08-22-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8842747)
This thread has become incredibly boring. Who gives half a shit about the sanctity of PMs? Someone post something saucy, please.

because private is private. We dont want to read yours or anyone else whiny posts complaining about neg rep or PM. Work it out between yourselfs.

jspchief 08-22-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8842591)
You kind of agreed to it when you enabled private messaging when you signed up afaic. It's not called "Optionally Public Message".

The hell I did.

The idea that someone sending a pm binds the recipient to a vow of secrecy is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Now that doesn't mean I'm going to make every (or any) pm public. I'm just saying someone doesn't censor my posts without my consent, and enabling pms is NOT automatically my consent. If you send something to me in confidence based on our relationship, you can rest assured I will keep that confidence. If you send something to me based on the idea that I'm "bound" to keep it to myself, regardless of the comment or our relationship, you better make sure you don't give me reason to talk.

I'm sure some of you think this is a stance designed to protect privacy. But what it really is is a free pass for people to use pms for asshattery. Respect for privacy is earned, its not just some bulletin board benefit.

BigRedChief 08-22-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8842835)

SPChief gave me infraction for filter evasion (without any warning), than didn't apologize for it or justify it in any way except with "don't like it, don't post here". i just wanted to point out what a pussy ass, tattle telling, run to mommy BITCH that SPChief really is. only a ****ing pussy would EVER write someone up for something so stupid as filter evasion without a friendly warning.

what a total pussy he is

This is a perfect example of a whiny post that we have no need to hear about or read. Work it out with SPChief.

jspchief 08-22-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

what a total pussy he is

Incredibly ironic post.

Canofbier 08-22-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8842841)
because private is private. We dont want to read yours or anyone else whiny posts complaining about neg rep or PM. Work it out between yourselfs.

Just because I have the common sense not to post private conversations that I'm involved in doesn't mean I can't get pleasure from seeing others in senseless public conflict. Whether or not we think this thread was reasonable or necessary, it was at least entertaining. :shrug:

dirk digler 08-22-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8842841)

I agree for the most part unless it is a threat of some kind. Then it is appropriate to expose that shit.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-22-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8842735)
Do I then have to think highly of people with a lot of positive reputation and look down on those with less? What other obligations did I unwittingly assume?

That you wouldn't go around bumping threads all willy-nilly without good cause.

Bearcat 08-22-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

what a total pussy he is

WTF, this was like 6 months ago.... get the **** over it. LMAO

Phobia 08-22-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8842803)
If you feel obligated to keep unsolicited crap from drunk posters private, good for you. It's not some moral obligation, though.

In this case, CC had been abusing his ability to give infractions and managed to ban hootie's account for no reason. Shortly after hootie was restored, CC was drunk and getting into it with hootie. For some stupid reason, CC decided to send hootie a PM, and hootie threw it right back in his face.

This is simply not true.

BigRedChief 08-22-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8842880)
I agree for the most part unless it is a threat of some kind. Then it is appropriate to expose that shit.

Totally disagree.

If the converation has already escalated to the point threats are made immediately go to a mod or admin. Taking it public will only escalate the issue.

Phobia 08-22-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8842847)
The hell I did.

The idea that someone sending a pm binds the recipient to a vow of secrecy is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Now that doesn't mean I'm going to make every (or any) pm public. I'm just saying someone doesn't censor my posts without my consent, and enabling pms is NOT automatically my consent. If you send something to me in confidence based on our relationship, you can rest assured I will keep that confidence. If you send something to me based on the idea that I'm "bound" to keep it to myself, regardless of the comment or our relationship, you better make sure you don't give me reason to talk.

I'm sure some of you think this is a stance designed to protect privacy. But what it really is is a free pass for people to use pms for asshattery. Respect for privacy is earned, its not just some bulletin board benefit.

I don't disagree with this stance completely. But there are a bunch of idiots who can't make the distinction you just made. Just like you and I are probably capable of yielding the right of way and successfully completing a left-hand turn across traffic but there a millions who are so stupid that we get left hand turn arrows.