ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

BigRedChief 03-16-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9505676)
I have to plan MONTHS in advance just to watch the ****ing games.

I don't have sundays off. I use my monthly earned hours of vacation to take off, grill food, and have family over. This is the one time most of my family is off and available to gather.

I don't take "vacations" or escape to some other place. I have one extra day off a week, 13 weeks, and then there are sick days.

That's it. It's all used up between the draft and 16 sundays (just in case this $#itbag team ever makes the playoffs.) And I have to plan that months ahead of time, if it's even possible to have off.

So, no, it's NOT "just a game."

It's when we meet. It's when we enjoy the few moments we all have off. It's the one uniting event that we all make time for...

I know the feeling. Being a season ticket holder for years every Sunday was totally taken up with the Chiefs game. and when they sucked, it runied your whole ****ing weekend.

I now drive for a half hour one way to watch the Chief games in a bar with other Chief fans with no sound and not on a big screen. This will be my 3rd year of doing that.

What the **** is wrong with us?

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9505741)
I know the feeling. Being a season ticket holder for years every Sunday was totally taken up with the Chiefs game. and when they sucked, it runied your whole ****ing weekend.

I now drive for a half hour one way to watch the Chief games in a bar with other Chief fans with no sound and not on a big screen. This will be my 3rd year of doing that.

What the **** is wrong with us?

Why not get the Sunday Ticket?

I understand that you're three hours ahead of me in SoCal, but there's nothing like turning on the TV at 10am, watching the Chiefs lose, then head out for a day at the beach or a hike or lunch or whatever at 1pm.

BigRedChief 03-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9505747)

I understand that you're three hours ahead of me in SoCal, but there's nothing like turning on the TV at 10am, watching the Chiefs lose, then head out for a day at the beach or a hike or lunch or whatever at 1pm.

I don't want to switch over to satellite. Broadband would cost a fortune without a bundled cable package. Thats just a $ and cents factual reason.

The real reason is that I like watching and sharing our common pain and joy with my fellow Chief fans. We usually get 10 fans, sometimes 20-25. Maybe its just learned behavior from being a season ticket holder and sharing the game with my fellow fans. I'd much rather watch the game with my fellow fans than sit in a comfortable chair and watch by myself.

gblowfish 03-16-2013 01:16 PM

I'm a Chiefs fan,
Royals fan,
Mizzou fan.

Try that on for 30 years, little Mary Sunshine.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-16-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9505881)
I'm a Chiefs fan,
Royals fan,
Mizzou fan.

Damn. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 03-16-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

I'm a Chiefs fan,
Royals fan,
Mizzou fan.

By happenstance I was born in Springfield, Mo., that is Cardinals baseball country. Thats been a source of great pride while I suffer from seeing my beloved Chiefs flop around like a wounded animal.

keg in kc 03-16-2013 01:45 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L3tVi6q7vr4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

splatbass 03-16-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9505864)
I don't want to switch over to satellite. Broadband would cost a fortune without a bundled cable package. Thats just a $ and cents factual reason.

The real reason is that I like watching and sharing our common pain and joy with my fellow Chief fans. We usually get 10 fans, sometimes 20-25. Maybe its just learned behavior from being a season ticket holder and sharing the game with my fellow fans. I'd much rather watch the game with my fellow fans than sit in a comfortable chair and watch by myself.

I used to go to a sports bar for that very reason. But the games start at 7 am here in Hawaii, so getting up that early and drinking in a bar got old, and the worse the Chiefs got the smaller the TV the bar assigned to them was. We always ended up in a corner looking up at a small screen. By the end of the game my neck was sore, I was drunk, had spent a bunch of money on drinks and breakfast, and it was still only 10 am.

Now I just roll out of bed and watch the game.

splatbass 03-16-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

I'm a Chiefs fan,
Royals fan,
Mizzou fan.

I've tried it for more than 40. When I was growing up we went to 10 - 15 Royals games a year, starting when they were still at Municipal Stadium. We had season tickets to the Chiefs starting when Arrowhead opened in '72. We went to Mizzou games at Columbia, Manhattan and Lincoln. A lot of bad football and baseball.

I'll still give the new regime (and new QB) a chance before I declare them a failure.

keg in kc 03-16-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9505995)
I've tried it for more than 40. I'll still give the new regime (and new QB) a chance before I declare them a failure.

As far as I can tell, "Kanesville" is alone in that. Whoever that is. Many of us just hate the Alex Smith move with a passion and we're drawing overreaction from people who think we should love everything without exception. But even so one move doesn't mean it's a complete failure. It just means there's a bad block in the foundation that will have to be removed and replaced at some point.

splatbass 03-16-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9506010)
As far as I can tell, "Kanesville" is alone in that. Whoever that is. Many of us just hate the Alex Smith move with a passion and we're drawing overreaction from people who think we should love everything without exception. But even so one move doesn't mean it's a complete failure. It just means there's a bad block in the foundation that will have to be removed and replaced at some point.

There are a lot of very persistent people here saying that the Alex Smith trade is a failure, that we WON'T win in the playoffs or SB with him, and that they are done with the team. And you say WE'RE overreacting?

KCDC 03-16-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9505050)
I hear that the Chiefs were going to give a 3rd rounder. At the last mintue, Buffalo offered their 2nd rounder and a 6th rounder next year. The Chiefs had to give up the 2nd rounder or lose Smith.
We are not drafting Geno. If we do its only to jack up the price to the Bills.

If true, that helps me understand why Reid panicked and way overpaid for AS.

If Buffalo was that desperate for a below average QB, what will they offer us for Geno at #1? I hope we draft Geno; but, if we trade down, I expect a competition from ARZ and BUF to drive up the price to their first + next year's first + a second in this draft. (if not a bit more).

keg in kc 03-16-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9506026)
There are a lot of very persistent people here saying that the Alex Smith trade is a failure, that we WON'T win in the playoffs or SB with him, and that they are done with the team. And you say WE'RE overreacting?

I can't speak for anybody else but I think it's possible they get to the playoffs, eventually, and maybe even win a wild card. My problem is that I think they're going about this (acquiring a starting QB) in completely the wrong way. I have no problem with going veteran over rookie, but think they grossly overpaid for a guy who has proven that he isn't very good, and who has never at any point in his career shown that he can fit the style of offense the head coach has run for his entire coaching career. Which is why I don't understand why Reid is so enamored with the guy. And the reason I'm not willing to give very much of a benefit of the doubt is that I've seen this same scenario play out countless times in the NFL, both in and outside of Kansas City, and it almost never works. I also watched Reid get progressively worse and worse results in Philadelphia, while spending enormous amounts of free agent cash on a virtual smorgasboard of top players, which is why I don't give him, specifically, much benefit of the doubt, and why I'm not convinced this offseason's spending spree is going to automatically equate with success.

It could work. Maybe Alex Smith here becomes a far better quarterback than he ever was before and maybe the last few years were an aberration and Andy Reid will be back to early 2000s form. I acknowledge the possibility. I don't, however, believe either scenario to be very likely. I'm sorry that I can't be blindly optimistic. Please don't take that as any kind of reflection on what you believe, because it's not. It just happens to be my opinion. Which I think I'm entitled to have and even to share, right or wrong.

And yes, I do realize that the "constant negativity" thread is the wrong place to post such a realistic explanation for why I'm not rainbows and cotton candy.

Ming the Merciless 03-16-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9505747)

I thought you watched every Alex Smith game for the last three years...LOL

busted

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9506155)
I thought you watched every Alex Smith game for the last three years...LOL

busted

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

First off, I said I've watched about 15 of the Niner's games over the past two seasons. I also had a baby in August and haven't had any personal time since long before that.

But yes, I used to have time to do such things but those days are over for a while.