ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Jakemall 09-29-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10033462)
I only can recall one bad pass by Alex Smith. That was the deep one down the left. just led him a little too far. I didn't see Bowes touchdown was that all on him?

Says 34 yards?

Quite a bit of yac..but it looked like it was a good 20 yard pass?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10033398)
Avery dropped like 4 passes alone.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. He is who we thought he was?

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10033436)
Avery and Charles mostly. Avery dropped a bunch. And there was a screen pass where Charles never even looked for the ball. It was a catchable throw with room to run in front of him and he didn't even turn his head.

Sounds like a miscommunication.

splatbass 09-29-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 10033442)
The pass to JC was not a screen it was a wheel route. Would have been interesting to see how that play would've turned out had he looked for the ball.

My mistake, but the point is still valid. If he had looked he could have gained a few yards anyway. There was no one around him.

Mav 09-29-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033493)
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. He is who we thought he was?

He was running a route, he just never looked back at Alex, lol. no idea, he was obviously the check down. He had a linebacker about 5 yards from him, and then nothing but GREEN GRASS.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10033504)
He was running a route, he just never looked back at Alex, lol. no idea, he was obviously the check down. He had a linebacker about 5 yards from him, and then nothing but GREEN GRASS.

Did the offense overall seem to be gelling a little better?

splatbass 09-29-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033493)

Charles was the dump off, he should have been looking. I have no idea why he wasn't. I don't think lack of communication had anything to do with it. Since according to you Smith is Captain Checkdown, the guy he checks down to should have been expecting it, no?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10033519)
Charles was the dump off, he should have been looking. I have no idea why he wasn't. I don't think lack of communication had anything to do with it. Since according to you Smith is Captain Checkdown, the guy he checks down to should have been expecting it, no?

The correct term is "Cappy Checkpants", but I digress. :D

petegz28 09-29-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10033519)

Charles is still learning how to be a pass-catching back. Haley and Romeo just ran him all the time with the occasional attempt at a screen.

Reid is West Coast offense and that means back catching the ball as much as if not more than they run it.

Sannyasi 09-29-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10033462)
I only can recall one bad pass by Alex Smith. That was the deep one down the left. just led him a little too far. I didn't see Bowes touchdown was that all on him?

Says 34 yards?

It was an intermediate throw, around 15 yards if I remember correctly, and Bowe caught the ball and broke free of the tackle for the TD.

Mav 09-29-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033512)
Did the offense overall seem to be gelling a little better?

10 fold. oline looked better. Run blocking was a little spotty until the 4th quarter. Completely more aggressive. Deep balls, one deep to Avery that just missed, and then on a 1st and 25, Alex dropped back and just dropped a dime to brock for 25. impressive stuff. Alex was neglected today by some receivers. But the timing, and decision making, and blocking was tons better I thought.

ChiefsFanatic 09-29-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 10032722)
I loved both the Reid & Dorsey hires at the time, because I had it in my head that they'd draft a QB #1 overall & develop him into the superstar we've deserved for so long. When they didn't, I got a little pissed. Knowing what I know now about where the QBs all went combined with how well Smith has played is exactly why I'm willing to admit that I was wrong about the entire scenario.

It had little, if anything to do with Reid/Dorsey. Had pretty much everything to do with the Chiefs past history. I don't think you can totally blame me for being a little skeptical...

Giving up a second round pick (probably 2) for a backup QB (regardless of how well he played or how he lost his job).... Where had I seen that before?

Either way, I'm on board now. Between A. Smith and S. Smith (I'm still holding out hope that Fisher doesn't totally suck), Dorsey's shown a pretty good eye for talent in turning the roster around and Reid is everything we thought he'd be. Like I said, I still have some reservations about whether we can compete with the elite teams with Smith, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

You were not wrong. chiefs fans deserve a home grown star QB. It just wasn't the year. And in your defense, Fisher hasn't played any better than Geno Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10033570)
10 fold. oline looked better. Run blocking was a little spotty until the 4th quarter. Completely more aggressive. Deep balls, one deep to Avery that just missed, and then on a 1st and 25, Alex dropped back and just dropped a dime to brock for 25. impressive stuff. Alex was neglected today by some receivers. But the timing, and decision making, and blocking was tons better I thought.

The 4th quarter trend is just strange for the Chiefs. But, if you're going to get your shit together, that's good time to do it.

Mav 09-29-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033589)
The 4th quarter trend is just strange for the Chiefs. But, if you're going to get your shit together, that's good time to do it.

Its not the norm for Alex. Alex is used to getting passing yards sporatically in the first 3 quarters, and handing off in the fourth. Its almost like Andy Reid is a very sadistic cat, playing with a mouse for 3 quarters giving the mouse just enough hope to keep fighting, and then in the 4th just unleashes hell and nothing can stop the Cats huge appetite.

By the way. YOU TUBE THAT PUNT RETURN BY DEX. He made a move so nasty in the middle of it, and no, not the spin move, but the lb was still laying on the ground when Dex scored. It was so nasty.

petegz28 09-29-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033589)

Strange? How is is strange? It's called poise.

Mav 09-29-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10033625)
Strange? How is is strange? It's called poise.

Its strange because it is so consistent. Its odd that a team routinely waits to look like a well oiled machine until the very last quarter, or every single game to start a season.

That's what makes it strange lol.