ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

BigCatDaddy 09-30-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10035318)
I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic, keeping in mind that he's played this way for 2 out of a possible 16 quarters of football.

Hopefully this style of play becomes the rule rather than the exception.

It's so hard to predict as this point because he doesn't have the Greg Robinson Chiefs D's to make up for. I love the defense, but I'm looking foward to see how AS responds when things don't go well and we end up in a game where the opposing team puts up 30. Does he go Trent Green or does he go Matt Cassell. It will be fun.

OnTheWarpath15 09-30-2013 02:02 PM

First, when you provide stats, also give a link.

Two, it appears as if those numbers are counting the Thursday night game, but not the Sunday action. We had 8 drops going into yesterday's game, and Denver led the league with 10.

Jakemall 09-30-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10035309)
This.

You know what's funny?

Smith's biggest "haters" have all said a lot of positve things over the last 24 hours.

Yet the nuthuggers still find it necessary to make excuses for his two INTs.

No one is even bitching about the two INTs - in fact, most are saying they will be overlooked if Alex keeps playing aggressively.

If there are excuses to be had, they will be made.

But seriously, we've been painted into a corner of fighting back or walking away...you can't expect us to suddenly stop because you have. :D

Jakemall 09-30-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10035331)
First, when you provide stats, also give a link.

Two, it appears as if those numbers are counting the Thursday night game, but not the Sunday action. We had 8 drops going into yesterday's game, and Denver led the league with 10.

You're right...my bad... on both accounts. It doesn't look like it is updated. I don't think it changes the meat of the stats. KC and Denver will still be badly ranked.

Sandy Vagina 09-30-2013 02:42 PM

Not quite as dreadful as I first believed while watching live... still not good.

drops
Q1 - 12:58 - Avery drops easy one over the middle
Q2 - 14:52 - JC drops easy mid-screen
Q3 - 13:17 - Avery drops easy 1st down pass on 2nd
Q3 - 8:32 - JC flat route turned wheel route.. difficult catch at sideline dropped
Q4 - 11:12 - Avery again... again, the CB is in his back making early but timely contact.. this one, Avery had a fair chance it catching.. but failed to.

debatable drops
Q2 - 9:27 - Bowe drops a 3rd and 10 pass in tight coverage
* should have been a DPI for grabbing 82's left shoulder early*
Q2 - 3:09 - Amukamara very physical w/ Avery + gets arm in from behind to knock ball out.
* refs could have thrown the DPI for right arm hold, but a 50/50 call *
Q3 - 5:22 - ball was behind JC, who got two hands on ball, but allowed it to hover in the air.. then JC's leg kicks it higher and it takes some bad bounces on bodies for a incredibly unlucky INT.

not a drop, but... wtf?
Q2 - 9:35 - JC goes out on a wheel route and never turns to look for pass?
Q3 - 4:15 - ball was a little late and Avery waited for it.. the CB behind him was a touch early and contacted Avery while reaching arms in. Just a nice defensive play that occasionally gets called DPI. I had originally thought it a drop.

Hammock Parties 09-30-2013 03:35 PM

We have dropped a lot of passes this year according to PFF.

13 drops in 4 games, 4th highest. Drop percentage is 8.9%, 3rd highest.

Jakemall 09-30-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10035518)
We have dropped a lot of passes this year according to PFF.

13 drops in 4 games, 4th highest. Drop percentage is 8.9%, 3rd highest.

My needing updated stats had us at 5th highest drop %. So yeah, it's pretty bad, but the team is overcoming it... Just more things to fix that can make the Chiefs even better.

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2013 03:52 PM

Alex Smith is Cassel 2.0 herp derp

Mav 09-30-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10035254)
That's found on page 54 paragraph 3 of The Big Book of Alexcuses.

No. It has nothing to do with Alex.

I was simply a point of stating the obvious. keep working to get better every week.

And I don't care if someone is tired of hearing about it.

They don't get tired of stating how Alex missed an open receiver, or missed a pass, but drops, THE THING RECEIVERS GET PAID TO DO, should get overlooked?

How about no. How about I don't overlook it. How about I just state what I have stated EVERY WEEK. Keep GETTING BETTER.

Mav 09-30-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10035309)
This.

You know what's funny?

Smith's biggest "haters" have all said a lot of positve things over the last 24 hours.

Yet the nuthuggers still find it necessary to make excuses for his two INTs.

No one is even bitching about the two INTs - in fact, most are saying they will be overlooked if Alex keeps playing aggressively.

I am his biggest nut hugger here. I haven't said anything about the ints.

I mentioned drops. Avery had a horrid one across the middle. Bowe dropped one on third down. I don't understand why its not okay to suggest that there are things to get worked on.

Jakemall 09-30-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10035607)
I am his biggest nut hugger here. I haven't said anything about the ints.

I mentioned drops. Avery had a horrid one across the middle. Bowe dropped one on third down. I don't understand why its not okay to suggest that there are things to get worked on.

In this case, I think he was talking about me.

OnTheWarpath15 09-30-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10035727)
In this case, I think he was talking about me.

Not just you.

I got home from KC last night minutes before the Breaking Bad finale, watched it and Talking Bad, then caught up on the day's activities here on CP.

A lot of people - Chiefs and Niners fans both - were bending over backwards to excuse the INT's. It continued a bit today.

Just not sure why people feel the need. Defending any and all mistakes made by one Alex Smith is like breathing to some folks - they have to do it to live.

Jakemall 09-30-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10035737)
Not just you.

I got home from KC last night minutes before the Breaking Bad finale, watched it and Talking Bad, then caught up on the day's activities here on CP.

A lot of people - Chiefs and Niners fans both - were bending over backwards to excuse the INT's. It continued a bit today.

Just not sure why people feel the need. Defending any and all mistakes made by one Alex Smith is like breathing to some folks - they have to do it to live.

Like I said..beaten wife syndrome.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10035541)
Alex Smith is Cassel 2.0 herp derp

He's not the turnover machine that Casshole was.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-30-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10035798)
He's not the turnover machine that Casshole was.

He's on pace for 4400 total yards. He isn't RRPP his way to victory.