ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2012 01:13 PM

Sanchez's strength has always been the play action pass. You have to think with Charles and Bowe that could have been nice. We also more than likely don't have the flukey 2010 season either, this team could have had AJ Green or Julio Jones instead of Jon Baldwin. Probably looking at a totally different Chiefs team and Sanchez more than likely.

But that is the past. Moving forward a new with either Geno or Barkley.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221361)
I for one will continue advocating for a pass-catching TE until we actually go and get one.

A good TE is a young QBs BEST friend.

If we're going to take a WR, I'd take Tavon Austin - he's essentially a poor man's Percy Harvin or a rich man's Dexter McCluster. Guys like that help a young QB immensely too because you can dump the ball to them in space and they can do things with it.

Not to mention the comfort level Geno has with him already. I see more of a Desean Jackson in Austin though. Can't really complain with either comparison.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221361)
I for one will continue advocating for a pass-catching TE until we actually go and get one.

A good TE is a young QBs BEST friend.

If we're going to take a WR, I'd take Tavon Austin - he's essentially a poor man's Percy Harvin or a rich man's Dexter McCluster. Guys like that help a young QB immensely too because you can dump the ball to them in space and they can do things with it.

yes..we need one of those new fangled type TE's, like a hernandez

and I'd trade up for Austin if he's there at the bottom of the first...he's what mccluster was supposed to be

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9221374)
Sanchez's strength has always been the play action pass. You have to think with Charles and Bowe that could have been nice. We also more than likely don't have the flukey 2010 season either, this team could have had AJ Green or Julio Jones instead of Jon Baldwin. Probably looking at a totally different Chiefs team and Sanchez more than likely.

But that is the past. Moving forward a new with either Geno or Barkley.

Bill Parcells told Tom Dimitroff that he shouldn't do the Julio Jones trade because he could get a similar player in Baldwin at 1/3 the cost.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

O.city 12-18-2012 01:18 PM

I don't think Dexter is really that good, but I will say that getting a new QB who can threaten a team downfield should help the new slot guy alot. Teams constantly have guys within 15 yards of the ball, constantly even when we are in passing downs.

Hell, I actually think Wylie could be a decent slot guy given the chance.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9221387)

and I'd trade up for Austin if he's there at the bottom of the first...he's what mccluster was supposed to be

Yep.

I know people like the thought of stretching the field and I'm not opposed to it but imagine a guy with Geno's accuracy running an offense predicated on 10-15 yard timing routes and guys that present all kinds of matchup problems running with the ball after the catch...

:drool:

O.city 12-18-2012 01:20 PM

Jordan Reed, Florida TE. A bigger Jimmy Graham type TE. Thicker at least.

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9218030)
You forgot something. Both players were the heart and soul of their teams. Both were counted on to lead their teams to victory instead of their individual stats.
Geno's 2012 stats 7-5
T'eo's 2012 stats 12-0

Its T'eo and its not even close.

You are high as shit if you think a middle linebacker is singularly responsible for a 12-0 season. That may be the dumbest ****ing argument for taking a player that I've ever seen.

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9221387)

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...0000057813.jpg

RealSNR 12-18-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9221404)
You are high as shit if you think a middle linebacker is singularly responsible for a 12-0 season. That may be the dumbest ****ing argument for taking a player that I've ever seen.

YOU MIGHT DISAGREE BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE THE OTHER GUY DUMB /burt

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9221405)

fine

just to make domer happy

Nightfyre 12-18-2012 01:25 PM

Where is this burt character when I say stupid shit? I need someone to whiteknight for me. :shake:

Bowser 12-18-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9221411)
Where is this burt character when I say stupid shit? I need someone to whiteknight for me. :shake:

You need to be his brother first.

O.city 12-18-2012 01:26 PM

Eifert is likely a first rounder.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221414)
Eifert is likely a first rounder.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I think Eifert could go as high as the low teens (12/13/14).

The only way to get him would be to trade down in the 1st or trade up from the 2nd, which would require us to give up a ton of picks.