ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL to look into -Taunting to Nullify Touchdowns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278143)

Strongside 10-31-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10143814)
That could be interesting if they don't let them replace the offender.

11 on 10 defensively? That would suck. Or, in the case of our offense, level the playing field. :D

That would be interesting...if you're forced to take one player out...who would it be on either side of the ball?

Probably a safety on Defense? Maybe FB on offense? A WR?

Eleazar 10-31-2013 11:33 AM

I dont have a problem with this if it's like the college taunting rule.

Sorter 10-31-2013 11:35 AM

Can't allow taunting. It might fracture some fragile egos and set a bad example for society.

oh_snap 10-31-2013 11:41 AM

When did the league become so politically correct? IF there is one thing I hate, its mixing one of my favorite past times (watching football) with politics.

Are we afraid of hurting peoples feelings? Its football for christ sakes! Who cares if people get their feelings hurt! Just wait guys, eventually they'll start calling for home crowds to be quite because it gives the home team an unfair advantage. Its coming!

NinerDoug 10-31-2013 11:43 AM

That would be really stupid.

gblowfish 10-31-2013 11:43 AM

I think the game might be more entertaining if taunting was REQUIRED upon scoring a touchdown. Things such as slapping the opposing coach's mama in the stands; urinating on the football, simulating sex with the goalpoast, or team twerking.

Just my humble suggestions to improve the watchability of America's sport....

big nasty kcnut 10-31-2013 11:43 AM

It's the pinstripe bowl all over again.

KC_Lee 10-31-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10143814)
That could be interesting if they don't let them replace the offender.

11 on 10 defensively? That would suck. Or, in the case of our offense, level the playing field. :D

Take the offending player off the field but the team can sub another player in.

For example, B. Albert gets called for holding, he's in the box of a set number of downs. Now KC has to figure out who is playing LT.

So you now have a lesser talent at a position that the opossing team, in theory, exploit.

Thoughts?

Rausch 10-31-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10143696)
That would be the dumbest thing ever. A taunt after a score has no effect on whether or not that player would have scored or not, like holding or something would. Just ****ing fine them, but negating the score would be absolutely bullshit.

This.

Taunting IS why we play sport...

Frosty 10-31-2013 11:45 AM

I think the only people getting their feelings hurt are the fans. I doubt the players care much.

WhawhaWhat 10-31-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10143860)
I think the only people getting their feelings hurt are the fans. I doubt the players care much.

Won't somebody please think about the children?!?!

Frazod 10-31-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 10143856)

For example, B. Albert gets called for holding, he's in the box of a set number of downs. Now KC has to figure out who is playing LT.

So you now have a lesser talent at a position that the opossing team, in theory, exploit.

Thoughts?

Or just try to play without a LT. :evil:

CaliforniaChief 10-31-2013 11:53 AM

Bad over-reaction. The most I would go for is an ejection and a 15-yard penalty from the end of the kickoff. In other words, 15 yards back from where the kickoff return ends.

But Golden Taint should be kicked in the face for that act of dumbassery.

listopencil 10-31-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 10143856)

Thoughts?

It would be a fun idea if there weren't so many shitty calls made.

J Diddy 10-31-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10143774)
I hope Goodell gets A.I.D.S.

I was kind of hoping Poe rubbed some on his lips before he put the kiss on.