ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Any chance we draft Jarrett or Smardzija? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155758)

SCTrojan 01-04-2007 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
I really really want that kid Steve Smith...almost more than Jarret. Jarret overshadows Smith so maybe we can steal him late second round or third or something. I think he'd be a great receiver for the Chiefs.

Steve runs precise routes, is tough over the middle, catches most everything thrown his way and has a great work ethic. I think he'd be worth a late second, early third pick. But then, I'm obviously biased.

He doesn't have the straight-line speed of Samie, though, so I think he will last into the third round.

CupidStunt 01-04-2007 06:20 AM

And while we're at it, lets take a defensive end in round two and a punter in round three.

chagrin 01-04-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCTrojan
Steve runs precise routes, is tough over the middle, catches most everything thrown his way and has a great work ethic. I think he'd be worth a late second, early third pick. But then, I'm obviously biased.

He doesn't have the straight-line speed of Samie, though, so I think he will last into the third round.

Nobody has adressed this yet, except for the dude who started the thread - Samie cannot catch the ball - so having said that, can Steve Smith for example, simply at least CATCH consistently?

CupidStunt 01-04-2007 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Nobody has adressed this yet, except for the dude who started the thread - Samie cannot catch the ball - so having said that, can Steve Smith for example, simply at least CATCH consistently?

What part of "catches most everything thrown his way" did you fail to understand?

chagrin 01-04-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp
What part of "catches most everything thrown his way" did you fail to understand?

whoops, guess I buzzed right through that

Frosty 01-04-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCTrojan

The times I have watched SC (except for maybe the Rose Bowl this year), I have been more impressed overall by Smith than Jarrett. God knows, he torched us for more than 200 yards this year. :shake:

htismaqe 01-04-2007 09:27 AM

Steve Smith is the more NFL-ready WR. But his athletic ceiling is probably fast approaching. He's a #2-type possession WR.

Jarrett is going to be a stud #1.

No thanks on McCaffery II.

Redrum_69 01-04-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
No thanks on McCaffery II.

YOur mom is like a well....a cavernous neverending supply of life giving mana, once her lid is open her sides are covered with green moss, and everytime you toss a penny in you'll get more than you wished for

htismaqe 01-04-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
YOur mom is like a well....a cavernous neverending supply of life giving mana, once her lid is open her sides are covered with green moss, and everytime you toss a penny in you'll get more than you wished for

ROFL