ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Shows? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258795)

Buck 09-26-2012 09:20 AM

I'm not sure about The Mindy Project. Seems like she was just talking shit about her own weight the whole time.

Huffmeister 09-26-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8951801)
Ben and Kate was more focused and had better comedy beats

Carolla mentioned on his podcast that Nat Faxon, the guy that plays Ben, was Deaf Frat Guy's cousin. I thought he was joking at first, but then I saw a pic of Faxon and they are definitely from the same gene pool.

jiveturkey 09-26-2012 03:52 PM

I'm guessing that there's 4 or 5 sitcom writers in the entire country that sit around and place stupid 1 liners in a massive bowl.

The scripts are then put together using trained marmots that reach in and place the stupid one liners in random order.

Last night I watched Partners with the wife (she sucks at watching TV) and I'm pretty sure that they're using untrained marmots.

She also watches Two Broke Girls, which was the first show that turned me on to the marmot conspiracy.

Baby Lee 09-26-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8952891)
I'm guessing that there's 4 or 5 sitcom writers in the entire country that sit around and place stupid 1 liners in a massive bowl.

The scripts are then put together using trained marmots that reach in and place the stupid one liners in random order.

Last night I watched Partners with the wife (she sucks at watching TV) and I'm pretty sure that they're using untrained marmots.

She also watches Two Broke Girls, which was the first show that turned me on to the marmot conspiracy.

I heard it was Manatees and Beach Balls.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...on-wars-part-i

IOW - South Park did it.

BTW - Partners and 2BG are the bottom of the sitcom barrel. The latter is only popular for epic boobies on one of the stars. The former is gonna be gone quick.

blaise 09-27-2012 10:55 AM

I'll probably give Elementary a chance. A Sherlock Holmes variation.

Frosty 09-27-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8954370)

Elementary and Last Resort are the main ones I'm looking forward to. It's kind of a lame set of shows this season.

kcxiv 09-27-2012 11:28 PM

Damn Person's of interest season 2 start was good shit.

mnchiefsguy 09-28-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8954370)

Elementary was a disappointment. SHerlock on the BBC is so much better. CBS is obviously trying to rip it off....and Lucy Liu as Watson did not do anything for me either. Will probably watch a couple of more to see if it gets any better....but not sure how long I will stick with it.

Frazod 09-29-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8951532)
Liked the first ep of Vegas.

They re-aired the pilot earlier this evening and I watched it. I didn't realize before that it was set in the 60s. Not bad, and I like the cast. Seems like it will have a Deadwood dynamic.

Buns 09-29-2012 10:02 PM

Vegas was pretty good. The two lead males did well in their roles and I really enjoyed seeing Trinity with a mound of thick ass in a skirt.

Jenson71 09-30-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8956127)
Elementary was a disappointment. SHerlock on the BBC is so much better. CBS is obviously trying to rip it off....and Lucy Liu as Watson did not do anything for me either. Will probably watch a couple of more to see if it gets any better....but not sure how long I will stick with it.

I haven't seen the BBC version, but I really liked the CBS knock-off. I love Lucy Liu.

Sherlock is on Netflix Instant. I'm going to check it out later this fall.

blaise 09-30-2012 09:56 AM

Elementary was ok, but Sherlock is much better.

mnchiefsguy 09-30-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8960508)
I haven't seen the BBC version, but I really liked the CBS knock-off. I love Lucy Liu.

Sherlock is on Netflix Instant. I'm going to check it out later this fall.

You are in for a treat. Sherlock is some of the best Sherlock Holmes material ever filmed. Fantastic series.

Jenson71 09-30-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8961708)
You are in for a treat. Sherlock is some of the best Sherlock Holmes material ever filmed. Fantastic series.

Am I right in seeing that Season 1 of Sherlock contains a grand total of 3 episodes, or does Netflix just not carry them all?

mnchiefsguy 09-30-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8962192)
Am I right in seeing that Season 1 of Sherlock contains a grand total of 3 episodes, or does Netflix just not carry them all?

You are correct. Each of the two seasons is only 3 episodes, but each episode is about 90 minutes long.