ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Fisher to play at Right tackle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272735)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-02-2013 10:19 PM

Well I understand why we didnt draft Joeckel now. He's too good to play on the right

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-02-2013 10:22 PM

It's a far better alternative than trading Albert and moving Fisher over there.

As stupid as spending 1.1 on an RT is, it's a better alternative than spending it on a replacement and hoping to gain a 2nd out of it.

(This assumes that Albert finishes his career here, which is also unlikely).

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 10:32 PM

That's right bitches; Big Al calls the goddamned shots on this line, and don't you forget it.
Posted via Mobile Device

RINGLEADER 05-02-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654194)
I want keep them both as well. I just think Fisher has a chance at a butt load of pro bowl years, or even potentially, all pro according to the analysis.

I'd like to see a potentially great career started at the correct position.

I agree 100%.

Let Branden play RT or LG.

Fritz88 05-02-2013 10:42 PM

It seems that we're acting like Fisher is going to be a bad pass tackle.

Are we operating under the assumption that a tackle taken at 1.1 has never been a bust?
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3 05-02-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9654253)
It's a far better alternative than trading Albert and moving Fisher over there.

As stupid as spending 1.1 on an RT is, it's a better alternative than spending it on a replacement and hoping to gain a 2nd out of it.

(This assumes that Albert finishes his career here, which is also unlikely).

Definitely agree. Both are absolute wastes of value, but at least in this example, we are likely upgrading somewhere. Fisher should be a far better player than Winston. He may have been slightly better than Albert on the left side, or just as likely would have been equal to or even a step below. No reason to trade Albert for a second and then draft a guy like Stephenson with that pick.

tooge 05-02-2013 10:48 PM

So the chiefs could have one of the best o lines in football this tear and moving forward. That means quaterback, whoever it is In the long run, will have a better chance to succeed. I like it.

aturnis 05-02-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9654158)
I think that the most of the "I'm a LT" thing is about the money. Once he gets his money then he'll be easier about playing RT/LG.

I think you guys who think it's about money are dead wrong.

Haven't you listened to interviews with Albert? It's a pride thing with him. All his career he's been listening to media and fans say he needs to move to guard or right tackle, projecting the Chiefs to draft his replacement in each and every mock daft over the past 4 years. Meanwhile he's done nothing but get better. He's stated many times during this process his goal is to prove them all wrong and play LT at a pro bowl level.

Not to mention he wants to stay in KC. Never heard a guy so adamant about something like that during contract talks. (This is what made all of NFLN and ESPN pure draft talk so annoying, they kept saying Albert wasn't happy and wanted out. Clearly did 0 homework.)

The only options I see are Fisher at RT, or sign Albert long term, pay his heaviest year this year to play LT, hope he plays well, and trade him with the much more reasonable remainder of his contract. The big money off the top in his first year of contract should make him more tradeable if he plays well.

boogblaster 05-02-2013 11:35 PM

OL better .. thats the main thing .....

penbrook 05-02-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9654319)
I think you guys who think it's about money are dead wrong.

Haven't you listened to interviews with Albert? It's a pride thing with him. All his career he's been listening to media and fans say he needs to move to guard or right tackle, projecting the Chiefs to draft his replacement in each and every mock daft over the past 4 years. Meanwhile he's done nothing but get better. He's stated many times during this process his goal is to prove them all wrong and play LT at a pro bowl level.

Not to mention he wants to stay in KC. Never heard a guy so adamant about something like that during contract talks. (This is what made all of NFLN and ESPN pure draft talk so annoying, they kept saying Albert wasn't happy and wanted out. Clearly did 0 homework.)

The only options I see are Fisher at RT, or sign Albert long term, pay his heaviest year this year to play LT, hope he plays well, and trade him with the much more reasonable remainder of his contract. The big money off the top in his first year of contract should make him more tradeable if he plays well.

Thank you at least somebody gets it.

buddha 05-03-2013 12:00 AM

Good...we need a great RT too. It's not like he can't move to LT when Albert's back gives out the next time.

Settle the f*** down, ladies!

Simply Red 05-03-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9654069)
Doubt it.

I bet there will be at least 10 players in that first round that have more impact on their football teams.

this is the Chiefs we're talking about - there will be more than that.

TEX 05-03-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9654431)
Good...we need a great RT too. It's not like he can't move to LT when Albert's back gives out the next time.

Settle the f*** down, ladies!

Could have gotten a good RT without spending the 1st pick in the entire draft. LMAO

TEX 05-03-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654194)
I want keep them both as well. I just think Fisher has a chance at a butt load of pro bowl years, or even potentially, all pro according to the analysis.

I'd like to see a potentially great career started at the correct position.

This.

Setsuna 05-03-2013 01:55 AM

Yup Fisher is already a HoF. Print em True Fans!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: