ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What's the least you'd settle for in order to trade down? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271306)

CupidStunt 03-19-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9513984)
I voted for a 2nd. It really depends on how far down you're going though. If we were trading with Jacksonville and we had confidence that they weren't going to take our top guy, I'd take almost anything, even a 7th. If we were trading down to 10th, it would take considerably more than a 2nd.

I guess I'm saying that I'd take a 2nd to trade down to Phili's 4th pick or so.

I dunno about 10, but I'd trade with Buffalo (8) if they made a decent, fair offer. QB, 2 tackles, Floyd and Milliner are all going before that. None of those guys we want. That leaves 3 edge rushers, the 3rd tackle, or more scope for an off-the-board pick (WR or something).

CupidStunt 03-19-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9513984)
I voted for a 2nd. It really depends on how far down you're going though. If we were trading with Jacksonville and we had confidence that they weren't going to take our top guy, I'd take almost anything, even a 7th. If we were trading down to 10th, it would take considerably more than a 2nd.

I guess I'm saying that I'd take a 2nd to trade down to Phili's 4th pick or so.

Including players in trades like that so rarely take place or even just make sense (mainly because it's hard to value a player like a draft pick), but one guy who stands out as making a lot of sense is Byrd from Buffalo.

Of course, when I say makes sense, I probably only mean for KC, since I doubt Buffalo wants to create yet another hole on its roster.

CaliforniaChief 03-19-2013 01:52 PM

I'll go a little further, stating what I'd want from each hypothetical bidder:

2. Jacksonville: I'll take Dane's offer...swap firsts, a 2nd next year and a 3rd this year. We could bundle two thirds and get back into the 2nd round if we wanted to, or just hang tight and draft 3 times in the third with the compensatory pick.

4. Philadelphia: Swap firsts and take next year's first.

7. Arizona: Swap firsts, a 2nd + 5th this year, a first next year.

8. Buffalo: Swap firsts, a 2nd + 5th this year, a first and third next year (because Buffalo literally has NO options at QB.)

Hamas is right. ANY deal (maybe save JAX) must net us a first round pick. And maybe even that. We have to have the picks ready to move up and get a QB if Alex Smith fails and we need to get a QBOTF.

Bewbies 03-19-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9514012)
I'll go a little further, stating what I'd want from each hypothetical bidder:

2. Jacksonville: I'll take Dane's offer...swap firsts, a 2nd next year and a 3rd this year. We could bundle two thirds and get back into the 2nd round if we wanted to, or just hang tight and draft 3 times in the third with the compensatory pick.

4. Philadelphia: Swap firsts and take next year's first.

7. Arizona: Swap firsts, a 2nd + 5th this year, a first next year.

8. Buffalo: Swap firsts, a 2nd + 5th this year, a first and third next year (because Buffalo literally has NO options at QB.)

Hamas is right. ANY deal (maybe save JAX) must net us a first round pick. And maybe even that. We have to have the picks ready to move up and get a QB if Alex Smith fails and we need to get a QBOTF.

If everyone else is offering a 1st (for arguments sake) JAX would have to offer theirs up too. If they want the QB that is...

If you have multiple teams bidding you want to drive the price up, and make the price for a team in the top 5 to be the same as a team lower than that.

You never win in a trade out of the 1 hole though, so count me as a guy that doesn't want to trade down. But my avi kind of does that anyway...

RealSNR 03-19-2013 02:27 PM

I would need Direckshun's whore mother and AT LEAST 15 baseball bats. 8 is unacceptable.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9514097)
I would need Direckshun's whore mother and AT LEAST 15 baseball bats. 8 is unacceptable.

You trying to make room for him to crawl back in?

Buckweath 03-19-2013 02:46 PM

It would be wise to at least try to trade with the one team which you feel will be real bad next year even with Geno with the hope to get a real high 1st round pick next year and pick one of those supposedly elite QBs next year if Alex Smith falters.

BlackHelicopters 03-19-2013 04:11 PM

Second this, and first and second next.

keg in kc 03-19-2013 04:12 PM

I don't expect it to be traded either. If it is, I think people should probably lower their expectations in terms of the value in return.

wazu 03-19-2013 04:36 PM

Oh look! Another poll that contains no acceptable options!

jd1020 03-19-2013 04:39 PM

It's the #1 pick. It all depends on who's the trade partner but I'm not even entertaining an offer that doesn't involve a 2014 1st.

CupidStunt 03-19-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9514366)
Second this, and first and second next.

Them: "So you won't take our first, second, future 1st and 3rd?"

You: "No. Has to be 1st, 2nd, future 1st and future 2nd."

Them: "You're absolutely sure?"

With the 1st pick in the NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Right Tackle Luke Joeckel.