ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Good Old Days (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239447)

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7311156)
Could be, but that's so temporary that I'm not that persuaded. If he calls a presser on Monday and announces that decision is because of 1.) health and 2.) more accommodating work schedule (or some other euphemism for "less hours"), I'll wish him all the luck in the world.

It could very well be that they werent getting along. We'll never know the truth, regardless of what Weis may say Monday.

DeezNutz 01-02-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7311180)
It could very well be that they werent getting along. We'll never know the truth, regardless of what Weis may say Monday.

Eventually, everything comes out, and enough rumors will start to circulate immediately that we'll be able to draw even more educated guesses.

morphius 01-02-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7311156)
Could be, but that's so temporary that I'm not that persuaded. If he calls a presser on Monday and announces that decision is because of 1.) health and 2.) more accommodating work schedule (or some other euphemism for "less hours"), I'll wish him all the luck in the world.

If you have a proven record like his you can get hired anywhere, and you have a chance to help out your son. If his son wasn't going to the same school I'd have more questions...

Phobia 01-02-2011 02:18 AM

Mecca was right once earlier this year too.

The Bunk 01-02-2011 09:07 AM

There's the potential that Whitlock will sink even further into obscurity in the coming year.

Mark this thread for bump next January. What do I win?

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7311277)
Mecca was right once earlier this year too.

:LOL:

Saul Good 01-02-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 7311188)
If you have a proven record like his you can get hired anywhere, and you have a chance to help out your son. If his son wasn't going to the same school I'd have more questions...

His son being there would help explain why he chose Florida after leaving the Chiefs. It doesn't explain why he left in the first place, though.

BigRedChief 01-02-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7311590)
His son being there would help explain why he chose Florida after leaving the Chiefs. It doesn't explain why he left in the first place, though.

He wants to be the big dog. Control all aspects of the job. I understand that. If I'm responsible for a job, I'd like to control the "things" that will make me successful or fail at that job.

Reerun_KC 01-02-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7310979)
I love all the typical bashing of Whitlock but when the guy shows up... ITS BALL WASHING TIME!!!

Holy shit, QFT...

Sad to see CPer's fall to their knees so fast and open that mouth so wide...

This lack of manhood being displayed here by our members is pathetic...

Chiefs Pantalones 01-02-2011 10:16 AM

Isn't Weis leaving because his kid is going there not because of any drama going on between him and Haley?

BigRedChief 01-02-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7311599)
Isn't Weis leaving because his kid is going there not because of any drama going on between him and Haley?

We will never know. Neither Haley or Weis will say a negative word publically about each other.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-02-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7311606)
We will never know. Neither Haley or Weis will say a negative word publically about each other.

So in that case, Whitlock is only correct in assumption land not in fact land, correct?

Chiefshrink 01-02-2011 11:10 AM

The timing of all of this say's a ton IMO. Granted colleges are in full recruit mode and Florida needs to be able to tell it's recruits that at least some big name will be there since now Meyer is stepping down.

But if Haley and Weis were at least friends enough Weis would have at least waited until the Chiefs were done so as to not distract the team. The timing IMO is a clear "FU" to Haley.:thumb:

I think Haley has been riding Weis's ass all season and Weis finally had enough and get's his so-called "passive-aggressive" revenge with the timing of all of this:thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7311599)

But, they can't bitch about that. A drummed up conspiracy theory allows them to let out some pent up frustration :thumb:

Iowanian 01-02-2011 11:45 AM

Do you think you could eat more boiled eggs than Weis?