ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MELLINGER: Chiefs fans feel ignored (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265717)

cdcox 10-25-2012 10:52 PM

Clark doesn't get it. It's the notion that Matt Cassel was an acceptable QB and the notion that RAC was an acceptable HC. If you screw these up this bad, you don't get a free pass on some draft picks that didn't work out as well as you had hoped.

FAX 10-25-2012 10:52 PM

I hate to see the movement set back ... and of all things, due to a blatant misrepresentation of the facts. It's pretty smart, though. They will effectively mitigate SOC simply be re-defining it. Good politics.

FAX

Hammock Parties 10-25-2012 10:52 PM

2010 was a great draft. Berry, McCluster, Moeaki and Arenas are ****ing studs for sure.

Loved the 2011 draft with Baldwin and Bailey as 2 of the first 4 picks. Dominating game changers.

FAX 10-25-2012 10:53 PM

Ah well ... let's puff out our chests and make monkey sounds. Then, maybe things will look better in the morning.

ROFL

FAX

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9050751)
2010 was a great draft. Berry, McCluster, Moeaki and Arenas are ****ing studs for sure.

Loved the 2011 draft with Baldwin and Bailey as 2 of the first 3 picks. Dominating game changers.

If you were to pull up the 2010 draft day thread, I was advocating Sean Lee, Daryl Washington and others in the second round.

Later that day, I was attempting to be optimistic about the draft class but any optimism (much like my optimism heading into 2012) was quickly dispelled due to the product on the field.

chiefzilla1501 10-25-2012 10:55 PM

I don't think Clark's a bad guy. Maybe not active as we'd like, but I don't think this story is necessarily surprising.

Here's what's funny. Clark Hunt is the boss. After the fans got ripped in public, Clark Hunt stood up for the fans. Pioli didn't say shit.

When Kent Babb did an expose` on Arrowhead Anxiety, Clark agreed to the interview. Pioli refused. And Pioli refused interviews afterward too.

It almost seems like Clark is distant enough to not even realize what Pioli is doing and who he's pissing off. What also bothers me is missed opportunities. This guy probably sounded off on Clark for being cheap. When he should have been sounding off on the expensive GM who isn't doing shit.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-25-2012 10:58 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about the signs we're gonna be seeing at the game on Sunday LMAO

FAX 10-25-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9050761)
I don't think Clark's a bad guy. Maybe not active as we'd like, but I don't think this story is necessarily surprising.

Here's what's funny. Clark Hunt is the boss. After the fans got ripped in public, Clark Hunt stood up for the fans. Pioli didn't say shit.

When Kent Babb did an expose` on Arrowhead Anxiety, Clark agreed to the interview. Pioli refused. And Pioli refused interviews afterward too.

It almost seems like Clark is distant enough to not even realize what Pioli is doing and who he's pissing off. What also bothers me is missed opportunities. This guy probably sounded off on Clark for being cheap. When he should have been sounding off on the expensive GM who isn't doing shit.

The Yep Machine just pounded out 32 pre-fab Yeps.

What it sounds like is Mellinger (who used to be Babb-esque in his support of our cause) is echoing the story-line the Chiefs have fed him. That's bad enough, but their counter-attack is well-conceived and could be very effective at reducing our number and reinforcing the already-existing notion that we're "bad fans".

I'm going to go outside and fart real loud now.

FAX

Tribal Warfare 10-25-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9050769)
The Yep Machine just pounded out 32 pre-fab Yeps.

What it sounds like is Mellinger (who used to be Babb-esque in his support of our cause) is echoing the story-line the Chiefs have fed him. That's bad enough, but their counter-attack is well-conceived and could be very effective at reducing our number and reinforcing the already-existing notion that we're "bad fans".

I'm going to go outside and fart real loud now.

FAX

We hit them up with facts of their failure , and see how the franchise and the fan base reacts. If they just give you're not "true fans" then give them the evidence of not providing an entertaining product which is why we and many others are angry.

DaWolf 10-25-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9050704)
We've been angry since Vermeil left.

No, this franchise became a joke the day Gunther was hired as HC. It lost all credibility the day that Carl forced Vermeil to hire Gunther as his DC. It sunk in the toilet when we gave away DRAFT PICKS for HERM FREAKING EDWARDS.

The Vermeil era was a travesty. The decline started once Gunther took over but Vermeil just turned this into a soft, finesse team who couldn't stop anyone on defense, and this team has never stopped being soft, going from the spinner defense to the Dumbther defense to Cover 2 to this wussy 3-4 scheme we play now with all the worthless sub packages...

FAX 10-25-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9050788)
We hit them up with facts of their failure , and see how the franchise and the fan base reacts. If they just give you're not "true fans" then give them the evidence of not providing an entertaining product which is why we and many others are angry.

I understand that, Mr. Tribal Warfare. I've been disseminating ugly, damning, Pioli factoids on that tweeter place as if I were some kind of Tourette's-aflicted, town crier.

I just can't help noticing the change in Mellinger's tone and the contextual cynosure he's chosen. For example, instead of focusing on the fact that WE HAVEN'T HAD A SINGLE LEAD IN A SINGLE GAME ALL SEASON LONG, he's relating the Chiefs' rhetoric that SaveOurChiefs and the Banner Folk are nothing more than a few, isolated, loud-mouthed imbeciles who never saw a tittah they didn't hate.

If I were running this campaign, I would be formulating a counter-attack to deal with that misrepresentation that could be implemented by sun-up.

But, I've drop-kicked this poor nag enough for one thread, so I'll give it a rest.

FAX

RunKC 10-25-2012 11:42 PM

As much as we bag on Pioli I will give him credit for one thing. He's done a great job with the OL.

Asamoah has played well most of the time, Lilja had a good year in 2009 and looks like an above average C so far this year and Hudson is gonna be a stud. He just needs experience. Oh and Winston has been above average.

I loved the Hudson and Allen picks. Multi-year starters who were very proven guys coming out of college. I think the OL is set up for the future.

Tribal Warfare 10-25-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9050821)
If I were running this campaign, I would be formulating a counter-attack to deal with that misrepresentation that could be implemented by sun-up.

But, I've drop-kicked this poor nag enough for one thread, so I'll give it a rest.

FAX

I concur with the counter attack, we'll need a global voice and a viral campaign which would involve a YouTube channel and a Q & A with Mellinger.

mdchiefsfan 10-26-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9050750)
I hate to see the movement set back ... and of all things, due to a blatant misrepresentation of the facts. It's pretty smart, though. They will effectively mitigate SOC simply be re-defining it. Good politics.

FAX

Hopefully the majority wear black on the 18th, if they don't, we've proven their point.

007 10-26-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9050922)
Hopefully the majority wear black on the 18th, if they don't, we've proven their point.

Yeah, I am really hoping that doesn't backfire. I'll be wearing my black chiefs jacket to that game.