ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kurt Warner just went full reerun. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251229)

Thig Lyfe 10-12-2011 11:23 PM

He put Brett Favre in his top 5 actors.

BigMeatballDave 10-12-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 7990963)

All of the videos say they are not available. Must be my phone. It's never been an issue before.

rico 10-12-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7990970)
All of the videos say they are not available. Must be my phone. It's never been an issue before.

Cornhole bags.... nice.

Kurt Warner is cousins with a few of my cousins. One of those related by marriage type of deals. We were born in the same hospital. Which is rare because I am from podunk Iowa where only 2 NFL players that I know of were born in that hospital.... he and Mitch King from the New Orleans Saints.

Little secret about Mitch for those who actually know who he is; he is a huge Miami Dolphins fan. I got to know him pretty well because my roomies in college were; 1.) his best friend growing up and 2.) his 2 current best friends. And speaking of cornhole bags, the last time I saw Mitch was at a cornhole bags tournament a couple months ago. It's funny watching that big dude play bags, but he is good at it (and pretty much everything else he does).

Anyways, although Kurt Warner has been one of those dudes that people in our area really pulled for when he was doin his thing, I do not agree with him regarding Cassel. Top 5 QB? Please. I have a difficult time thinking of 5 QBs that I'd rather the Chiefs not have than him.

Bewbies 10-12-2011 11:52 PM

Matt Cassel is absolutely a top 5 QB.

Not on the list of talented QB's, but the 1st 5 that need to be replaced.

Thig Lyfe 10-12-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7990993)
Matt Cassel is absolutely a top 5 QB.

Not on the list of talented QB's, but the 1st 5 that need to be replaced.

Man, all that scrolling for THAT?

Hammock Parties 10-13-2011 12:00 AM

looks better with long hair

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...59_brenda2.jpg

kccrow 10-13-2011 12:00 AM

The only list Cassel belongs on is biggest mistakes of the Pioli/Haley era. Top 5.... is Kurt haning out with Ricky Williams these days????

NJChiefsFan 10-13-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 7991005)
The only list Cassel belongs on is biggest mistakes of the Pioli/Haley era. Top 5.... is Kurt haning out with Ricky Williams these days????

Why should Cassel be on the list that affects the rep of Haley? Haley had nothing to do with bringing Cassel in.

BossChief 10-13-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 7991020)
Why should Cassel be on the list that affects the rep of Haley? Haley had nothing to do with bringing Cassel in.

This

Titty Meat 10-13-2011 12:51 AM

To be fair Warner has had a number of concussions.

Imon Yourside 10-13-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7990744)
Throw in Betamax and it's a deal.

I'll counter with an 8 track player.

Smed1065 10-13-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990827)
Ive said a few times (hopefully this isnt full reerun) that if Cassel does 3 things, he can be a franchise quarterback:

1) Throw the ball downfield accurately.

2) Go through your reads till all of them are covered and then utilize your mobility to make em pay

3) trust in his mechanics and coaching and follow through.

Thats really it...the rest of his flaws I can live with...those are the three things that absolutely kill this offense and the teams chances to win games.

I would be happy with 2 of 3.

#2 requires no shitting.

Hell, most NFL QB's would be good with those 3 things because they already made it to the NFL for some reason. No wonder I cant type on CP.

GordonGekko 10-13-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990729)
Just said on total access (obviously a replay) that if Matt Cassel plays well in his next two starts, he will be in his top 5 quarterbacks.

WOW

*his top 5 quarterbacks that will never win a playoff game...

Baby Lee 10-13-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7990841)
His poise in the pocket, or lack thereof, is the single biggest problem he has, I think. Brady won Superbowls checking down like a maniac. He even does it now. Welker is the ultimate check down receiver. If Cassel had Brady's poise and release he would be nearly as good, IMO. Brady can throw a nice downfield pass, but it isn't what makes him great.

Did you really post this in the week that Brady threw to Welker over the top for like a bajillion yard TD?

loochy 10-13-2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990827)
Ive said a few times (hopefully this isnt full reerun) that if Cassel does 3 things, he can be a franchise quarterback:

1) Throw the ball downfield accurately.

2) Go through your reads till all of them are covered and then utilize your mobility to make em pay

3) trust in his mechanics and coaching and follow through.

Thats really it...the rest of his flaws I can live with...those are the three things that absolutely kill this offense and the teams chances to win games.

I've always said that if I had a million dollars I'd be a millionaire.