ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Per CBS Sportsline: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111913)

Frazod 03-09-2005 06:45 PM

This is exactly why we should have tagged Blaylock. He would have made a great pot-sweetener in a deal like this. Instead, we got nothing. :shake:

philfree 03-09-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
This is exactly why we should have tagged Blaylock. He would have made a great pot-sweetener in a deal like this. Instead, we got nothing. :shake:

That would of messed up our cap in a big way. I don't think that would have been feasible.

PhilFree :arrow:

Logical 03-09-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
As popular as that train of thought is around here I don't buy into it. I really don't think the Chiefs spend their time thinking up excuses in an attempt to dupe their fans. As far as cheap goes I don't think that's the right word but IMO the player salaries are out of control.

I think you completely underestimate the evil that is embodied in Carl Peterson.

Frazod 03-09-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
That would of messed up our cap in a big way. I don't think that would have been feasible.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. I can't imagine he would have been scheduled to make that much, though.

Of course, I don't follow these things since all the speculation drives me insane. It always just seemed to me that it would have been nice to deal him to a RB-strapped team for some defensive talent. Oh well.

philfree 03-09-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I think you completely underestimate the evil that is embodied in Carl Peterson.

ROFL I'm pretty sure that his goal from the start was to woo Chiefs fans under the ether so he could steal their collective souls.

keg in kc 03-09-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

I don't follow these things since all the speculation drives me insane.

And we all know how long a trip that would be...

philfree 03-09-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. I can't imagine he would have been scheduled to make that much, though.

If he's franchised tagged he's gonna cost the avg of the top 5 RBs in the league against the cap. If transition tagged he counts the avg of the top ten I think and we get a chance to match. I hate losing Blaylock but sometime things just can't be avoided.

Frazod 03-09-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
And we all know how long a trip that would be...

:moon:

C-Mac 03-09-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81
Thanks, I was being sarcastic and trying to imply that Carl is a nickel and dimer....

So was I.........:D

eazyb81 03-09-2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac
So was I.........:D

ROFL

brent102fire 03-09-2005 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Kringle
If the trade is for a 2nd round pick, I hope he goes to Minn. or Sea. We'll sign Law instead. If the trade is for a reasonable combination of lower round picks, then I hope we get him. We can't lose our 2nd round pick.

Let's see...a 2nd rounder out of college who has never played in the NFL or trade that pick for a Top-Notch CB in Patrick Surtain...the Chiefs would be stupid not to trade for Surtain. It's really not that hard. :shake:

whoman69 03-09-2005 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav

Maybe these guys know.

whoman69 03-09-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Nobody was going to pay that penalty for Blaylock. We would have got less than nothing, we'd have gotten sacked with his big cap number.

htismaqe 03-09-2005 08:47 PM

I don't know why everybody is so worried about giving up a 2nd-round pick.

The Patriots gave up a 3rd to get Duane Starks.

beavis 03-09-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
I don't know why everybody is so worried about giving up a 2nd-round pick.

The Patriots gave up a 3rd to get Duane Starks.

I'll have you know there is another Joe Valerio out there just waiting to be taken with that pick.