ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Phones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272913)

Setsuna 08-01-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9851309)
Every provider does this. If they didn't people would freak out because their service stopped.

Yeah stupid people who don't think to find out when their contracts are up. I guess that's the majority.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9851311)
I'm confused... You had a 2 year contract for a phone and are surprised that you got a bill for their services, even though a phone contract has nothing to do with the services?

As far as I'm concerned, the contract allows you to use that service, and when it's up, your service is up.

jd1020 08-01-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9851584)
As far as I'm concerned, the contract allows you to use that service, and when it's up, your service is up.

The contract is simply there to make sure that T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint get their money for the price of the phone. They aren't giving you an $800 phone for $200. You are putting a $200 down payment on the phone and then paying off the rest through the life of the contract, and if you terminate early you have to pay a hefty fee to get out of the contract.

It has nothing to do with service.

mikeyis4dcats. 08-02-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9850594)
Ok I'm kind of upset. My contract ended with T-mobile a month ago and I get this text on my old phone about a bill being available and I'm like wth is this? So I do the online rep chat thing on their website and find that I have to cancel the service despite not having a contract with them. The funny thing is the price of my bill is still being calculated using the contract details I had with them. What kind of BS is this? Why do I have to request a service cancellation when I'm no longer under contract with these bastards AND why do I have to pay the exact same price under the contract if it's no longer valid? This is why T-mobile sucks. So freaking done with these swindlers.

you really are a tard.

Sannyasi 08-02-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9850594)
Ok I'm kind of upset. My contract ended with T-mobile a month ago and I get this text on my old phone about a bill being available and I'm like wth is this? So I do the online rep chat thing on their website and find that I have to cancel the service despite not having a contract with them. The funny thing is the price of my bill is still being calculated using the contract details I had with them. What kind of BS is this? Why do I have to request a service cancellation when I'm no longer under contract with these bastards AND why do I have to pay the exact same price under the contract if it's no longer valid? This is why T-mobile sucks. So freaking done with these swindlers.

I'm 100% on the "**** T-Mobile" bandwagon. I went into a T-Mobile store last month to purchase a new Galaxy S4. Apparently they don't actually sell phones at the T-Mobile store in my area, you just go in and they can order one for you. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a brick and mortar store, I mean if I wanted a phone shipped to me I could have ordered it myself online. Anyway, the phone ships to me with a faulty SIM card, so I take it in to the same store to get a new one. They charge me $35 for a new SIM card when I JUST PURCHASED A ****ING $600 PHONE FROM THEM THAT NEVER HAD A WORKING SIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Its a shame because the S4 is a great phone but every time I take it out of my pocket its a reminder that I am contributing to this piece of shit company every month when I pay my bill. Its a shame there doesn't seem to be an ethical phone company in the marketplace.

Dartgod 08-02-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9850039)
I can upgrade as of today and plan to get the S4. Sprint currently has a BOGO deal on them, so this is a great deal for the wife and I to get new phones.

Yeah, got two new S4's tonight for $199. Great deal.

Setsuna 08-03-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9851700)
The contract is simply there to make sure that T-mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint get their money for the price of the phone. They aren't giving you an $800 phone for $200. You are putting a $200 down payment on the phone and then paying off the rest through the life of the contract, and if you terminate early you have to pay a hefty fee to get out of the contract.

It has nothing to do with service.

LMAOLMAOLMAO The phone I had was a Samsung Gravity Smart. No freaking way $75+/month for 3 years didn't pay that piece of garbage phone off in the first year. You're out of your damn mind. Get off me dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9854806)
you really are a tard.

No it's you for rooting for terrible teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 9854856)
I'm 100% on the "**** T-Mobile" bandwagon. I went into a T-Mobile store last month to purchase a new Galaxy S4. Apparently they don't actually sell phones at the T-Mobile store in my area, you just go in and they can order one for you. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a brick and mortar store, I mean if I wanted a phone shipped to me I could have ordered it myself online. Anyway, the phone ships to me with a faulty SIM card, so I take it in to the same store to get a new one. They charge me $35 for a new SIM card when I JUST PURCHASED A ****ING $600 PHONE FROM THEM THAT NEVER HAD A WORKING SIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Its a shame because the S4 is a great phone but every time I take it out of my pocket its a reminder that I am contributing to this piece of shit company every month when I pay my bill. Its a shame there doesn't seem to be an ethical phone company in the marketplace.

:clap: Thank you good sir. :thumb:

jd1020 08-03-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9855014)
LMAOLMAOLMAO The phone I had was a Samsung Gravity Smart. No freaking way $75+/month for 3 years didn't pay that piece of garbage phone off in the first year. You're out of your damn mind. Get off me dude.

:banghead:

Clueless.

Should probably learn more about how shit works before signing a contract next time.

CoMoChief 08-03-2013 11:33 AM

If you don't mind having a small brick in your pants, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the way to go. I'm not going to lie. It's a big sum' bitch though, and even bigger with the Otter box hard case I got for it. It's super fast and powerful though, and if you use it for browsing a lot it's the better way to go. I can't stand Apple to be honest so I may be biased on this, but the S4 is a hell of a phone.

jd1020 08-03-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9855589)
If you don't mind having a small brick in your pants, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the way to go. I'm not going to lie. It's a big sum' bitch though, and even bigger with the Otter box hard case I got for it. It's super fast and powerful though, and if you use it for browsing a lot it's the better way to go. I can't stand Apple to be honest so I may be biased on this, but the S4 is a hell of a phone.

I've never owned a Samsung phone but they are the one company I think still gets it.

They still offer SD card slots and removable batteries on flagship devices. Unfortunately, rumors for the S5 have Samsung moving towards aluminum casing and that's likely to end.

I really wish Sony would get their head out of their ass and start paying attention to the US market because that Xperia ZR looks ****ing awesome from a design, size, price, and features point of view.

KCFalcon59 08-03-2013 12:18 PM

If you get the S4 here are some great accessories for it. I have the tempered glass screen protector which is awesome and the slim armor view case.

Spigen

Brando 08-03-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 9855823)
If you get the S4 here are some great accessories for it. I have the tempered glass screen protector which is awesome and the slim armor view case.

Spigen

I have the slim armor and neo hybrid. Both great cases.

007 08-03-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 9855823)

Spigen

You broke away from apple?

KCFalcon59 08-03-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9855911)
You broke away from apple?

Not completely. I replaced my work blackberry with this as a BYOD option. I could've used my iphone, but wanted to keep work and home separate. I am really digging the S4. It's been awesome so far. My iphone is due to be replaced and I will wait to see what apple does. If they don't have a bigger phone I will either go with another android or maybe a windows phone.

Fish 08-03-2013 01:10 PM

Recently went from iPhone to Galaxy S3. Mixed feelings. Battery life sucks compared to iPhone. Size and specs are nice, and Android is easier to customize. But missing quite a bit about the iPhone.

jd1020 08-03-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9855991)
Recently went from iPhone to Galaxy S3. Mixed feelings. Battery life sucks compared to iPhone. Size and specs are nice, and Android is easier to customize. But missing quite a bit about the iPhone.

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...galaxy-s3.html