ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs AccuScore: Chiefs take big step; 49ers alive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238891)

JTagg7754 12-23-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 7283600)
See, I look at it differently. I hope the Chiefs make the playoffs even though I know they will most likely be out the first round. But I want these young guys to have the experience of playing in the post season tournament so when they go back next year they are ready to take the next step and progress deep into the playoffs.

I can totally dig that logic. Hell, either of us may even make some noise and upset some people. It's all just a matter of opinion. You guys are a very young team and a team I said everyone would have to watch out for a couple of years ago.

cdcox 12-23-2010 11:00 AM

86% is way too optimistic.

AND THE TIEBREAKERS AREN'T CALCULATED CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!

If I'm reading the table correctly, it still shows the Chiefs having a chance to win the WC, which they do not.

Los Pollos Hermanos 12-23-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 7283602)
That also means we don't make the playoffs.

And the Raiders sweep us.

LOSE-LOSE situation.

I know. I'm not wishing for that, I just think it would be pretty crazy.

Rausch 12-23-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7283603)
THAT is something I would be extremely pumped about. I can't think of the last time we could say that. I mean, the Raiders ended a SHITLOAD of streaks this season.

Just to name some:

- Consecutive losses to SD (was at 13 I think)
- Double digit losing seasons
- 11 loss seasons
- winning record in the division
- Possible overall winning record..

many more also. I have been pleased w/ them this year but they're still not legit. Not yet.

No, they aren't.

But step 1 is complete.

When you bitchslap your whole division you're doing something right. You have to start and end there.

Consistency, consistency, and then LEADERSHIP.

They won on the road, at home, everywhere vs. the most difficult of opponents. No matter how good or bad the division is those are always the most unpredictable and difficult games.

But after a huge win they'd play some NFCW dirtbag and lose. Or AFC cellar dweller and lose.

Leadership.

JTagg7754 12-23-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 7283625)
No, they aren't.

But step 1 is complete.

When you bitchslap your whole division you're doing something right. You have to start and end there.

Consistency, consistency, and then LEADERSHIP.

And this is where I worry. Campbell lacks those qualities and that's why I'm scared that if he's winning, he's gonna get a nice extension and we'll be a 6-10 team next year, then a 5-11 team, then a 8-8 team, then a 6-10 team etc for the better half of the decade.

Quote:

They won on the road, at home, everywhere vs. the most difficult of opponents. No matter how good or bad the division is those are always the most unpredictable and difficult games.

But after a huge win they'd play some NFCW dirtbag and lose. Or AFC cellar dweller and lose.

Leadership.
Losing to SF and AZ just..... ruined me hahaha. Oh well, it's over and done w/, nothing can be done about it now.

Dartgod 12-23-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7283631)
And this is where I worry. Campbell lacks those qualities and that's why I'm scared that if he's winning, he's gonna get a nice extension and we'll be a 6-10 team next year, then a 5-11 team, then a 8-8 team, then a 6-10 team etc for the better half of the decade.

We can only hope. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth 12-23-2010 01:01 PM

This is far too optimistic. Lets assume the "chiefs win out" part of their 86% is about 75%. (I have no idea, just picking a number that looks good, I figure about 10% that the chiefs and chargers each lose only 1).

That implies the chiefs have about a 87% chance of winning each of their last two games. (square root of .75)

I'd say the chiefs have a slightly better than 50-50 chance of winning out (75% per game), and maybe at best, theres a 10% chance of the chiefs and chargers each dropping exactly 1 game. The third possible playoff scenario is laughably unlikely.

At best, being the wild-eyed chief homer I am, I'd say the chiefs have a 2/3 chance of making it.