ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Fins CB Sean Smith linked to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270585)

mcaj22 03-06-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9470902)
Certainly...at the low low cost of the first overall pick.

I'd say the opportunity cost there outweighs the nominal cap savings, wouldn't you?

This draft is too deep in DBs to take Milliner at 1.1, IMO.

i dont disagree with your last part about deep DBs to take a CB 1.1 but if you are telling me the options are bidding war in FA to overpay a CB with a starting asking price of 24 mil guaranteed and an agent that will lobby for that to go up and play the business side of it versus a young CB at any point in the first round regardless of draft slot, I'd take the latter.

at the same time the market is flooded with CBs in FA as well as deep in the draft. How much is a team like the Chiefs willing to overpay for a veteran?

Mother****erJones 03-06-2013 02:45 PM

Sign smith and draft millner. Can't have enough of 2 things on D: pass rushers and corners. We need a guy that can play the slot

CoMoChief 03-06-2013 02:46 PM

This would be a good pickup IMO

Sorter 03-06-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9470922)
This would be a good pickup IMO

*Everyone immediately vacates the Sean Smith bandwagon*

CoMoChief 03-06-2013 02:46 PM

we need ILB and DE help though.

S and WR depth wouldn't hurt either.

Fugg it, we can use help anywhere really.

CoMoChief 03-06-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9470923)
*Everyone immediately vacates the Sean Smith bandwagon*

ah...see you're being gay again

typical

Sorter 03-06-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9470925)
ah...see you're being gay again

typical

It's not my fault you're wrong 100% of the time.

JFC, there's an entire thread dedicated just to your stupidity.

LMAO

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9470914)
i dont disagree with your last part about deep DBs to take a CB 1.1 but if you are telling me the options are bidding war in FA to overpay a CB with a starting asking price of 24 mil guaranteed and an agent that will lobby for that to go up and play the business side of it versus a young CB at any point in the first round regardless of draft slot, I'd take the latter.

at the same time the market is flooded with CBs in FA as well as deep in the draft. How much is a team like the Chiefs willing to overpay for a veteran?

I'd gamble on the rd 3 CB or the development of Brown. This is where losing that 2nd rounder hurts so badly. It really does make filling that CB hole tough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9470913)
I'm curious which ones would still be on the board by the time we take our pick in the 3rd. I was hoping we could pick up another WR like Woods from USC.

Woods took himself out of the 3rd with his combine performance; he was easily the 2nd best WR there. He was smooth, he was fluid in his movements. I don't know that I saw a great deal of upside in him, but I don't see any way someone doesn't grab him before the middle of the 2nd round.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9470933)
It's not my fault you're wrong 100% of the time.

JFC, there's an entire thread dedicated just to your stupidity.

LMAO

This is true.

One can hardly blame you for seizing on the momentum of the CoMo curse.

If he's in favor of it - FLEE!

ct 03-06-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9470967)
I'd gamble on the rd 3 CB or the development of Brown. This is where losing that 2nd rounder hurts so badly. It really does make filling that CB hole tough.

Woods took himself out of the 3rd with his combine performance; he was easily the 2nd best WR there. He was smooth, he was fluid in his movements. I don't know that I saw a great deal of upside in him, but I don't see any way someone doesn't grab him before the middle of the 2nd round.

I was kinda hoping for Woods in the 2nd as well, was pretty impressed. Great feet, balance, hands, speed was plenty good enough, with multiple years of performance at top college program, as opposed to several of the USC wideouts of late with short bursts of productivity. Still hoping we get that early 2nd pick back from somebody who wants to move up just a few spots. Don't wake me just yet, still dreaming...

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9471065)
I was kinda hoping for Woods in the 2nd as well, was pretty impressed. Great feet, balance, hands, speed was plenty good enough, with multiple years of performance at top college program, as opposed to several of the USC wideouts of late with short bursts of productivity. Still hoping we get that early 2nd pick back from somebody who wants to move up just a few spots. Don't wake me just yet, still dreaming...

Maybe a Donald Driver type. Nice hands, solid strength, good route-running.

I'm sure there's a better comp but I can't think of one. I don't see him as ever being a real #1 WR, but you can get a nice #2 out of him. That said, I don't think he's a #2 opposite of Bowe. He does about what Bowe does, just not quite as well. So they're not going to occupy different spots on the field that well.

Where he'd fit really well is Tampa Bay opposite of Vincent Jackson.

Dave Lane 03-06-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9452467)
I spoke earlier of a solid FA corner coming here and an FA wr. This team will be ready to roll even with Alex at QB.

Yep worst team in the NFL at 2-14 signs 3 of its 2-14 players back adds Matt Cassels long lost brother and a FA CB and WR and it's go time...

ROFLROFL

PA Chiefs 03-06-2013 05:11 PM

How old is sean smith I know he has size but wasn't Vontae traded cause they thought he would fill the spot

Direckshun 03-06-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA Chiefs (Post 9471331)
How old is sean smith I know he has size but wasn't Vontae traded cause they thought he would fill the spot

Smith's in his mid-20s.

He's looking for his second contract.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA Chiefs (Post 9471331)

Spit the bit when asked to be a #1.

If they can pay him like a #2, he's a worthwhile gamble; he has serious talent. But if he's looking for #1 money, let someone else have him.