ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Georgia plays "old man football" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263136)

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 06:16 PM

Hm I guess it would of helped to of not glanced over that part.

Oklahoma fans in general are the worst.

I understand why people are skeptical about MU's chances against Georgia on Saturday, but lets not pretend they aren't capable of beating a Top 10 team at home.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 06:42 PM

:facepalm:

I'll be back to either eat crow or gloat.

NewChief 09-03-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8874999)
Were Big 12 fans (excluding KU) really that bad compared to SEC guys like Setsuna?

There are no "SEC guys like Setsuna." There's only him on his lonely little island of crazy. ;)

notorious 09-03-2012 06:45 PM

I think that LSU and Bama are in a league of their own. S. Carolina is very impressive, too.

The rest of the SEC is a wash. Mizzou should do just fine against everyone else.

notorious 09-03-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8875094)
There are no "SEC guys like Setsuna." There's only him on his lonely little island of crazy. ;)

For some reason he isn't nearly as assholish as dickheadson. Plus, his team has been very good for years so he actually has something to be cocky about.

Pitt Gorilla 09-03-2012 06:47 PM

I think MU's D-Line could have a breakout game. If they were going to shine, it would be now.

WilliamTheIrish 09-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8875099)
For some reason he isn't nearly as assholish as dickheadson. Plus, his team has been very good for years so he actually has something to be cocky about.

There's something to be gleaned from this quote. Just because a fan cheers for a wining team, it doesn't mean he's an intelligent football fan.

FF'sS we get Pats fans through here that could plant their football intelligence on the head of a pin.

Watching Setsuna and Adam bitching at each other in the CFB Week 1 thread was high comedy.

"I've been a fan longer than you, bitch".

"Oh YEA? I graduated from UFLa you dropout bastard".

And on it went.

Frazod 09-03-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8875089)
:facepalm:

I'll be back to either eat crow or gloat.

You could just **** off and die.

notorious 09-03-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8875132)
There's something to be gleaned from this quote. Just because a fan cheers for a wining team, it doesn't mean he's an intelligent football fan.

FF'sS we get Pats fans through here that could plant their football intelligence on the head of a pin.

Watching Setsuna and Adam bitching at each other in the CFB Week 1 thread was high comedy.

"I've been a fan longer than you, bitch".

"Oh YEA? I graduated from UFLa you dropout bastard".

And on it went.

Oh, I must have missed that. LMAO

qabbaan 09-03-2012 07:35 PM

I have usually found Gators fans to be pretty classy. Of course they have plenty of 25 year old douchebag "bros" (as does any school) but most of the others I have met are knowledgable lifelong fans.

Bewbies 09-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8875096)
I think that LSU and Bama are in a league of their own. S. Carolina is very impressive, too.

The rest of the SEC is a wash. Mizzou should do just fine against everyone else.

Um, I don't know that I'd call it "a wash" when they have 5 of the top 10 teams...

The SEC is a lot tougher than people think. Just because Alabama is out of this world doesn't mean going to Neyland and beating Tennessee in front of 105,000 screaming hillbillies is easy. Outside of Kentucky and Vandy there isn't really such a thing as an "easy" week in the SEC.

Bewbies 09-03-2012 07:45 PM

Mizzou fans may take a lot of shit from other SEC fans all season long, but you better believe they'll be cheering you on in your bowl game and will defend the shit out of Mizzou to anyone that claims they're not part of the SEC club.

I've never met so defensive of a group than SEC fans. Personally, I can't stand rooting for a rival--ever. But down here outside of the conference nobody ever wants an SEC team to lose. They even taunt other teams (and you could clearly hear it on Saturday when Bama was up 31-0) with "SEC--SEC--SEC" chants.

Frazod 09-03-2012 07:46 PM

Obviously I'm hoping for a win, but more than anything I want a good showing. Worst case scenario is they just get ****ing destroyed.

Hopefully both Georgia teams will go home with losses next weekend. I certainly like Missouri's chances better than I do the Chiefs'.

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8875269)
Um, I don't know that I'd call it "a wash" when they have 5 of the top 10 teams...

The SEC is a lot tougher than people think. Just because Alabama is out of this world doesn't mean going to Neyland and beating Tennessee in front of 105,000 screaming hillbillies is easy. Outside of Kentucky and Vandy there isn't really such a thing as an "easy" week in the SEC.

Vandy at least looks improved enough to give teams a scare.

Kentucky is the shameful relative of SEC football that nobody really likes to acknowledge.

notorious 09-03-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8875301)
Kentucky is the shameful relative of SEC football that nobody really likes to acknowledge.

I will give you one guess who the Big 12's shameful relative is...........