ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The unsportsmanlike call on McClain catch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251958)

Rasputin 11-01-2011 09:34 AM

Well, next year Goodel is renaming it to the NFFL. National Flag Football League. Goodel is mucking it all up for the players & fans.

Didn't hurt my feelings chargers got a flag, but that was a sollid tackle & shouldn't have been called penalty. We had bad calls go our way too, have to over come them and build character to become the better team that wins. & we did that.

LOCOChief 11-01-2011 09:40 AM

Gruden is the best MNF guy I've seen in a long time imo. It takes a real tool to call a former SB coach's commentary on the game "exceptional dumbassery"

kevonm 11-01-2011 09:42 AM

For that personal foul on the catch by McClain, it is the right call the way the rule is written, he was defenseless. THe rule is terrible

Huffmeister 11-01-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevonm (Post 8070523)
For that personal foul on the catch by McClain, it is the right call the way the rule is written, he was defenseless. THe rule is terrible

Agreed. Accurate call, but stupid rule. I just don't see how a defender can follow the rule. Are they supposed to just stand there, wait for the receiver to catch the ball, make a football move, and THEN go after them?

Gonzo 11-01-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 8070518)
Gruden is the best MNF guy I've seen in a long time imo. It takes a real tool to call a former SB coach's commentary on the game "exceptional dumbassery"

Well, they DID say exceptional.

You ever wonder why he hasn't landed another gig? I mean, even a college gig?

There's got to ba a reason if he's so good. Maybe he just likes working once a week...
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 11-01-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Yeah, bullshit. His commentary is awful, it always has been.

Ming the Merciless 11-01-2011 10:30 AM

Bad call.....but way less of an impact than the many other bad calls of the night. It was just another shit-covered feather on the doodie hat of the ref-crew that evening.

Deberg_1990 11-01-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8070571)
Well, they DID say exceptional.

You ever wonder why he hasn't landed another gig? I mean, even a college gig?

There's got to ba a reason if he's so good. Maybe he just likes working once a week...
Posted via Mobile Device

The reason is he makes alot of $$$$ for alot less stress. Gruden could coach if he wanted to. Lots of teams have "kicked the tires" on him.

frankotank 11-01-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8070476)
It seemed like even the head ref was getting tired of the bad officiating. At one point late in the game, he was called over to sideline for a brief ref meeting. After a few seconds, he ran back on the field and basically said "**** it, let's just play football."

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevonm (Post 8070487)
That play was right at the 2 min warning, he got buzzed to review the call I was speaking to above, the completion that put them within the 5, that the ball looked liked it hit the ground. It was before the warning so there could not be an official review.

THat is my guess

maybe because of my surround sound or maybe because I had it blasting...or both...but I heard him say something to the sideline, then he repeated himself much more loudly and you could clearly hear him say "WHY AM I BEING PAGED!" some dude mumbled something and shook his head and thre ref ran back onto the field. he was obviously pissed.

frankotank 11-01-2011 11:37 AM

I work with a guy who's neighbor is a big 12 official. I always assumed this, but he says that on replays they can't see every angle like we can at home, they can only see a few. I can't imagine any angle that didn't clearly show McClusters ass on the ground for that stupid fumble call. Also loved Gruden's comment on Cassels fumble..."How can the ball be going forward unless it was thrown forward?" Good point Chucky.

kevonm 11-01-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8070850)
maybe because of my surround sound or maybe because I had it blasting...or both...but I heard him say something to the sideline, then he repeated himself much more loudly and you could clearly hear him say "WHY AM I BEING PAGED!" some dude mumbled something and shook his head and thre ref ran back onto the field. he was obviously pissed.

Didnt he also say something about there not being a review, and to play football

LiveSteam 11-01-2011 11:55 AM

Last nights game was the worst officiated NFL game that I can remember. It was an abortion from start to finish. Missed holding calls,missed facemask on 3rd down,missed block in the back on punt return,fumbles that should have been overturned. & thats just what went against KC. The hit on the KC receiver looked clean.WTF was the Boltz DB supposed to do? stop & wait for the ref to give his permission to hit the KC receiver & try & jar the ball out of his hands. The league is watered down with way to many pussy rules

Change it from the NFL to NPL National Pussy League

RealSNR 11-01-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Agree 100%.

The proper term is "special"

mdchiefsfan 11-01-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8070431)
Yep. A very crucial noncall.

How about SD knocking over one of our linemen when we were trying to get a field goal to end the game.

FAX 11-01-2011 12:33 PM

It's easy for fans to complain about hits like that. They like to see guys jacked up. Most of them, however, are not eating their blended bacon and eggs through a straw.

The NFL has to do what it can to try and get this concussion problem under control.

FAX