ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo Crennel As Defensive Coordinator - SP Fired Spagnuolo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269282)

Sorter 01-24-2013 09:03 PM

Wasn't Spags a DBs coach anyways?

Regardless, he, like Fewell have made their names off of having excellent pass rushers.

chiefzilla1501 01-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9349150)
You're reeruned

I am not saying the Saints are wrong to fire him. But he's been a DC for only one year in a year where they were missing a head coach, where their team was under scandal all year, and they lost several defensive players to meaningful time due to suspension.

And he's still one hell of an experienced positions coach.

I'm not sure what's reeruned about any of what I said.

chiefzilla1501 01-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9349161)
Wasn't Spags a DBs coach anyways?

Regardless, he, like Fewell have made their names off of having excellent pass rushers.

He was a LBs coach for the Eagles as well. The reason I brought his name up as someone I'm sure Reid would have considered, if Spags was fired earlier.

Sorter 01-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349169)
He was a LBs coach for the Eagles as well. The reason I brought his name up as someone I'm sure Reid would have considered, if Spags was fired earlier.

Didn't know he was a LBs coach too, thought it was just DBs.

While I could see Reid hiring him in some capacity, I wouldn't really want it. JMHO

Mr. Laz 01-24-2013 09:10 PM

You put Crennel's defense with a high-powered offense and he could do well.

His bend-don't break defense won't force the other team to make mistakes unless you have a lead.

DaneMcCloud 01-24-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349167)
I am not saying the Saints are wrong to fire him. But he's been a DC for only one year in a year where they were missing a head coach, where their team was under scandal all year, and they lost several defensive players to meaningful time due to suspension.

And he's still one hell of an experienced positions coach.

I'm not sure what's reeruned about any of what I said.

You're reeruned.

You've always been reeruned.

You're a verbose douche **** that thinks he knows more than anyone and everyone else, due to your verbosity, but you're still reeruned.

You're exactly like Blackbob, except your vocabulary is slightly more extensive.

But make no mistake: You are a reerun.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 9348949)
Take him in a heartbeat. Not a good HC, but great DC. I could see him fitting well with the Saints. Really well.

He's not a great DC.

Not even close anymore actually.

JoeyChuckles 01-24-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9348983)
...If the Saints had an even mediocre defense this year they would have been in the playoffs.

Let's be honest, any team that was beaten by the Chiefs last year was not that close to making the playoffs.

chiefzilla1501 01-24-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9349193)
You're reeruned.

You've always been reeruned.

You're a verbose douche **** that thinks he knows more than anyone and everyone else, due to your verbosity, but you're still reeruned.

You're exactly like Blackbob, except your vocabulary is slightly more extensive.

But make no mistake: You are a reerun.

I... don't understand how anything I said justified this kind of a response. But okay.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349041)
By the way, on Spagnuolo. Pretty shitty situation to be fired after what the Saints went through.

It's a shame the Chiefs have Gibbs. I'd take Spagnuolo as a LBs coach in a heartbeat.

Yeah, real shame we have a guy who's improved the talent at the position and done his job exceptionally well.

Are you for ****ing real?

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349222)
I... don't understand how anything I said justified this kind of a response. But okay.

Make no mistake. Saying you're sad we have Gibbs because you'd rather have Spagnulo when Gibbs has done a wonderful job here is ****ing stupid.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 09:22 PM

Romeo's going to have a hell of a time in NO. That's not a talented defense and not one that's going to make a smooth transition to a 3-4.

chiefzilla1501 01-24-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9349224)
Make no mistake. Saying you're sad we have Gibbs because you'd rather have Spagnulo when Gibbs has done a wonderful job here is ****ing stupid.

Ok, fair enough. That was probably not the right way to say it.

Sorter 01-24-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9349226)
Romeo's going to have a hell of a time in NO. That's not a talented defense and not one that's going to make a smooth transition to a 3-4.

Yup.

The Bad Guy 01-24-2013 09:25 PM

Spags had one good run with the Giants. He was a product of Jim Johnson, much like Sean McDermott when he was a position coach.

His schemes last year were ****ing horrible.

He's another coordinator that needs elite talent, ala Gunther, to produce.