ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc what is your credit line? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198832)

blueballs 12-20-2008 08:56 PM

If I don't have the cash
I don't need it
I'm pretty much worth less

Mosbonian 12-20-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5314017)
American Express cards start with a 3 and only have 15 numbers. The rest have 16.
Visa cards start with a 4
Mastercard with a 5
Discover Card with a 6

No, I'm not a criminal. I work as a credit manager and before that, a bill collector.

Corporate or Retail Credit Manager?

mmaddog

Mosbonian 12-20-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5314000)
American Express is in the shitter. I would be shocked if you said you'd charged anything over around 2k and had no problems in the last 3 months. I've talked a lot of folks who have no "pre set" spending limit, but starts having their purchases declined once their balance hits around 2k.

I can tell you why AE has gotten tighter.....over the last couple of years they use a new credit scoring model that "predicts" the probability that the customer will eventually become delinquent or unable to pay their bill. So when the score gets below a certain level it prompts an automated decision. That decision could be anywhere from terminating your card, reducing your C/L by a small amount or a large amount, or do nothing at all.

mmaddog

Mosbonian 12-20-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5314012)
The trick Matty is to make sure you're only carrying less than half of your limits on those cards. That will help your credit.

The part you leave out is that depending upon the lender, any Credit Line (used or unused) that you have will be viewed as a negative, especially if it is a revolving line of credit.

mmaddog

Buehler445 12-20-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5314054)
What kind of reward points do you guys get? I've thought about starting to pay my bills with a CC and then paying it off each month to get reward points.

On my card, there are "cashback rewards." I don't pay too much attention to it. I think quarterly an amount come off my bill. They don't cut me a check, they just don't make me pay.

My wife's card is a CLUB card with Cabela's, they give us .01 for every dollar spent on the card. .02 for dollars spent at Cabela's. It's pretty nice. I had her put most of our wedding expense on it and have her dad reimburse us:).

Chief77 12-20-2008 09:57 PM

I think credit cards were invented by Satan. I stupidly got 2 cards when I was in college, without knowing how hard they were to pay off. Needless to say, I am paying for that crap from 7-8 years ago now. Man I wish I would never would have qualified for something I couldn't realistly pay back anyways.